Crushed To Dust Race

Evan Raftopoulos

Im in.

I've got this new super exhaustion job and training is falling behind but I will try to be smart about it!

Grippers and hub is managable with a few training sessions to get back in to things.

RT is 15 kg behind atm.

I can get this before winter is upon us!

Im in.

I've got this new super exhaustion job and training is falling behind but I will try to be smart about it!

Grippers and hub is managable with a few training sessions to get back in to things.

RT is 15 kg behind atm.

I can get this before winter is upon us!

Peter how is your back now? Did you get it all fixed up?

The symptoms are loads better but the hernia is still there.

Dont think that a buldging disc and a hernia can ever go away on its own.

I just have to be very careful how I lift stuff and how I move.

No more boxning, squatting or deadlifting heavy.

I can train grip again tho!

• Like 1

at least lifts like the Axle stop you deadlifting too heavy mate!

I'm glad though, seems like you are dealing with it well :D

Have not touched a gripper in, over a year?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0EFVL0HPFic

This is where Im at.

I'll try hub next weekend.

Then the quest for 90+kg on RT may begin.

at least lifts like the Axle stop you deadlifting too heavy mate!

I'm glad though, seems like you are dealing with it well :D

Life is a struggle mate.

You cant just lay down and die when you hit a wall.

• Like 1

Still got CCS strength in the 120-130lb zone! Nice! That's pretty sweet keeping that strength up after a year off. I don't think you need to worry about grippers lol! Still can't believe how many grippers you sold out of your collection though man...I am biased though as I'm very keen on grippers currently.

Respect for you, getting back up on ya feet.

Still got CCS strength in the 120-130lb zone! Nice! That's pretty sweet keeping that strength up after a year off. I don't think you need to worry about grippers lol! Still can't believe how many grippers you sold out of your collection though man...I am biased though as I'm very keen on grippers currently.

Respect for you, getting back up on ya feet.

I was once a gripper fantastic.

Then mr. Rice influenced me.

I thought about it and I feel its hard to progress in grippers when I train other things, like RT, for example.

I dropped grippers to get a strong all around grip.

Grippers dont contribute much to a well rounded I think.

Thanks man.

• Like 2

I'd like to see what your gripper max is in a year from now after training the RT and getting 90kg+ I'd like to see whether it's gone up or down! :D

It's strange thickbar training is bad for gripper strength. But in your case PeterSweden it looks that you have some power left!!! :D Pinch work should just be good combining with grippers?

It's strange thickbar training is bad for gripper strength. But in your case PeterSweden it looks that you have some power left!!! :D Pinch work should just be good combining with grippers?

I dont feel that it was a good combo for me in the past.

Thickbar and pinch tho, really good.

Edited by PeterSweden
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As already been discussed this is pretty much only a RT race. But this has really been verified as a fact for me these last few days, just recently bought the IM Hub and holy crap it's really easy to lift 20 kg with it, had barely trained anything with it and pulled 20 kg today easy without maxing, I bet I could've done it without any training at all since it wasn't a max lift.

They should really up the numbers on the gripper and hub. As it is now this challange is pointless as a triathlon. Maybe a COC#2.5 and 25 kg and possibly even more on the hub would be better.

• Like 1

As already been discussed this is pretty much only a RT race. But this has really been verified as a fact for me these last few days, just recently bought the IM Hub and holy crap it's really easy to lift 20 kg with it, had barely trained anything with it and pulled 20 kg today easy without maxing, I bet I could've done it without any training at all since it wasn't a max lift.

They should really up the numbers on the gripper and hub. As it is now this challange is pointless as a triathlon. Maybe a COC#2.5 and 25 kg and possibly even more on the hub would be better.

I agree, anyone here wanna step it up a notch or two?

CCS #2,5 and pull 25kg on the hub to make it more interesting?

• Like 1

I'd be down for this.

I'd be down for this.
My right hand has to get alittle stronger on RT and hub, my left hand has to get stronger on all three events.

I think CCS coc2,5 lefty will be the hardest part for me.

Grippers dont work very well in my left hand.

I'd be down for this.
My right hand has to get alittle stronger on RT and hub, my left hand has to get stronger on all three events.

Do we have to do both hands? My wrist is messed up, so I seriously doubt I can still pull 200# with my left hand.

I'd be down for this.

Do we have to do both hands? My wrist is messed up, so I seriously doubt I can still pull 200# with my left hand.

No, but I want to :)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I'll jump on this race. Not expecting to have a chance against you guys but I can always try :)

I've been working the Ladders with the 2" crusher and last night I used 140# and did an easy 2 ladders up to 5 reps. Curious to see how that carry's over to the 2.5 version and Rolling Thunder for a max single.