Elite Gripsters- What Was Your Hardest Grip Feat To Achieve?

David Mitti

Anyone can chime in but this is more directed to the Elite Gripsters..

I believe hand size and other factors play a huge part in this,just curious if there's a feat that most find the hardest across the board.

Thank you for taking the time to share your answer, I'm sure we all here are very curious of your answers...

• Like 1

I'm not elite but closing my 166# elite has been my hardest accomplishment. Also closing a #3 with three fingers has escaped me the half dozen tries. I've got it to an eight a couple times.

The huge shiny and sexabastard in imp singles and

ghp7 cert was the hardest so far.

But my huge hands made the huge shiny way harder

Oh if were talking bending too I'd say this darn red nail too. When my hands heal I'm gonna give the red a go again but I think I'll try it in doubles. Imp's with leather over them.

I think David is really looking for a comparison of feats of strength. Like Inch vs. Blob vs 45# Plate Curl. That sort of thing.

Ol well i have done none of those sorry........

I tried a blob and inch in 04. Did not lift either. But that was my first and only time trying those.

I tried plate curls once a few months ago and did 35 fairly easy but did not get the 45. Defiantly doable though if I try it a little. The inch would be the thing is want most of those three.

I think David is really looking for a comparison of feats of strength. Like Inch vs. Blob vs 45# Plate Curl. That sort of thing.

But the title says "What was your hardest grip feat to achieve?" I think grippers and bending can be included in that

Edited by Tom Scibelli

Good point Tom, Bending a sexabastard in imp singlesis elite,? Maybe not

But the title says "What was your hardest grip feat to achieve?" I think grippers and bending can be included in that

Sure sure. DO bending isn't specifically a grip feat, though it can be considered a feat of strength. No way the Red Nail qualifies though unless you want to say Reverse or DU. Whether or not those are really grip feats could also be up for debate.

I also know what David was getting at because we were chatting and he said he thought the Inch was the most difficult grip feat and I said I thought it was difficult to compare, and we were talking about Jedd and Adam and Andrew and how though they have things they are particularly strong at, they didn't really have any weaknesses per se.

So I guess first in a way we have to decide what constitutes a feat lol. I know that is a commonly debated topic.

From what I can see, here are examples:

Coc 3 Cert

Coc 3.5 Cert

Blob

Inch

45# Plate Curl

Pinch 2 x 45's

Sledge Lever (I don't know enough to know what #)

Chime in with more.

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 2

The tough part about this question is that everyone has certain things they excel at and which just come easier. Jedd lifted the blob the first time he tried if I remember correctly, but Andrew couldn't. Andrew lifted the Inch the first time he tried, but couldn't lift the blob the first time etc. Jedd had to train hard to lift the inch. Obviously everyone knows I'm a gripper guy. I closed the COC #2.5 the first time I tried relatively easy. I think its impossible to rank the feats because they are all so different and people are going to excel at certain ones based on their natural strengths.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 3

Sorry guys I should have been a little more specific..

It's all good tho.

Like Mike Sharkey said in his last post,was looking more for grip specific feats like the ones he mentioned.

Like Shark mentioned, I stated to him earlier that for me,a guy with 7.5" length hands a INCH lift would be the hardest to obtain out of all the TOP GRIP FEATS. Then as we talked we realized beings everyone is different and hand sizes and other factors coming into play you really can't say the INCH is the hardest for all to obtain..So was curious on what was the hardest for the elite gripmonsters across the board to reach..Who knows maybe most will agree it took the most work to reach the INCH....????

• Like 1

all that said, i still think those feats are very doable with a little practice

Maybe that's an interesting question too. We started off with what was hard for the top guys, maybe a better question is what is hardest for the more average among us to get to.

I have never had access to the blob or inch to no,

But i did get my inch homemade replica with a pvc handle a few

inches off the ground.

• Like 1

i am not elite, but glad to chime in. havent done it yet, but a 3.5 cert is hard. lifting the inch is hard for me, but prolly not for guys with much larger hands. pinching 2-45s is hard for any hand size i think,also have not done this. 45lb plate curl is hard.

blobs i do not consider very hard (unless they are the massive ones) even with my 7-3/4" hands.. i have never lifted a fatman, but did lift a 50lb hex first try, and gotten some sloppy lifts with a blob 50 without any direct training.

all that said, i still think those feats are very doable with a little practice.

Thanks for chiming in brother.

Yori Skirt has a stronger grip than me...lol

One big one that I haven't got yet that others have quicker or easily are pinch 2 45lb plates- I have pinched 3 45 lb plates at clays gym first time trying it for perspective as well as done over 100lbs on the one hand euro first time- I haven't even got that close either.

I don't know if its an 'elite' grip feat but I consider it one and its one I still can't do it and I have worked on it in the past and I'm starting to work on it again recently. I have very short thumbs -about the same length as my sisters- which I think contributes to it being a harder feat for myself.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

It weighed 173lbs

• Like 1

One big one that I haven't got yet that others have quicker or easily are pinch 2 45lb plates- I have pinched 3 45 lb plates at clays gym first time trying it for perspective as well as done over 100lbs on the one hand euro first time-

I don't know if its an 'elite' grip feat but I consider it one and its one I still can't do it and I have worked on it in the past and I'm starting to work on it again recently. I have very short thumbs -about the same length as my sisters- which I think contributes to it being a harder feat for myself.

I would think the 2-45's is elite!

Thanks for posting bro.

i felt like that was a bit of a smug ass comment. was it meant that way?

No Tommy, I was referring to myself dude. I'm not even in the same league man.

Edited by Mike Sharkey

I think crackin another beer is the easiest feat

i have ever done.

• Like 2

allgood. i read it wrong i suppose.

No worries brother. You've bent the Gold Nail, closed the MM4, and lots of other awesome feats. There's no one that would consider you average.

Myself on the other hand lol. Let's just say improvement is a very slow process :blush

i have ever done.

I wish it was a harder feat than maybe I wouldn't have this damn gut..lol

• Like 1

i have ever done.

Pulling out wine corks (after they were first opened) can be tough stuff. slippery little buggers

• Like 3

i have ever done.

I wish it was a harder feat than maybe I wouldn't have this damn gut..lol

Lol

I think the inch is definitely up there also though, both clay and daniel who are very elite grip guys and have done freaky grip feats first time had to work hard to lift the inch. I still can't do that one either but my thickbar strength outside of the rolling thunder-which I consider invokes pinch/wrist a lot- is not great either.

Then again you have guys like dave labbe who could smash just about every major feat the first time he tried lol. I think if you took an average 5'10 strong guy who lifts the inch would be one of the harder feats to get as well as 2 45lb plate pinch in my opinion.

• Like 1