The Gripmas Carol 2012

climber511

Would it be a breach of etiquette to enter this, even though I've never done a grip contest before?

Absolutely not. In fact, it would be one of the smartest things you could do, as a bidding grip sport enthusiast, to enter this contest because it is one of the longest running contests on the yearly schedule. It has been around since 2007 or 2008. The crowd is great and you will be helped in your lifts on technique etc. Hope to see you there.

• Like 1

Would it be a breach of etiquette to enter this, even though I've never done a grip contest before?

Absolutely not. In fact, it would be one of the smartest things you could do, as a bidding grip sport enthusiast, to enter this contest because it is one of the longest running contests on the yearly schedule. It has been around since 2007 or 2008. The crowd is great and you will be helped in your lifts on technique etc. Hope to see you there.

Sweet man, thanks.

You'll hate yourself afterwards if you DON'T come. You can learn more attending one contest than training for months by yourself. I think you'll find yourself being helped by guys with years and years of experience with all aspects of competition in general and event techniques especially. Get your butt over here! :)

Yup! Every trip I make is soooo worth it. The knowledge you get first hand is more than anything one will gain from the internet. And the friends you'll make is a great bonus!

As of today I have 2 entries. Plus myself of course.

Andrew Durniant

Brandon Gerber

Please try and get them sent in soon - Thanks!

I just got some good news. Odin (Bob Sundin) just PMed me and said he is coming to Gripmas - Bob is a dear friend and a very strong grip competitor who is a tremendously good guy. I know he was injured a while back and hope he is well and as strong as he used to be. Looking forward to seeing him again!

• Like 2

I would love to come up and participate, but there is no way I can make this date.

Sorry to hear that but the date is the date I guess.

I just got some good news. Odin (Bob Sundin) just PMed me and said he is coming to Gripmas - Bob is a dear friend and a very strong grip competitoho is a tremendously good guy. I know he was injured a while back and hope he is well and as strong as he used to be. Looking forward to seeing him again!

Awesome! Dude battled through injury at last year's WSH.

For those of you coming - please bring your choked grippers (rated). I want as many small steps as possible like usual. When I see who all is coming - I may have further requests. Nick, John and I went through the whole thing today - the Medley is .........well Hard :)

• Like 1

Add Brent Barbe and Kody Burns to the competitors list.

If this works - and all bets are off of course - here is the score sheet for the 2012 Gripmas Medley. The weights are still being worked out - I don't know who all is coming yet so I don't want to create something that a new person might not have any chance with and yet one that still challenges Jedd - Andrew - and the other freaks etc. Everyone of these will not be in the Medley - I'm still working on things and the time to allow for it. The big change you might notice is that both hands will be tested. It appears that attendance is going to be small enough to allow a big Medley that won't take too long.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsWUo55bNkC6dF9ybWROR1U2UUpfSFNtU1NiU0pkSkE

I think it is a GREAT idea to force both hands to be used. AWESOME!

• Like 1

Add Jedd and Brad Ardrey to the list. Lot's a darn strong guys coming! No money yet but the "myth" John Eaton said he is coming also!

Justin - are you going to make it up?