A Whole New Level Of Respect For The Inch

Jared Goguen

Now that I have a Baby Inch (137.5lbs) and I can fully understand how hard these are to lift I would just like to say publicly how (bad word filter)ing incredible it is that anyone can lift the the full size INCH.

Hats off everyone that can do it.

Myself on the other hand barely broken it from the ground for a second.

t83hX8Q.jpg

• Like 3

I drove up Saturday morning and bought the last one he had. Thought it would serve as stepping stone to my large one. It looks like the baby will be a goal in itself.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing you both post videos to the Feat Judging forum for your lifts! Good luck.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing you both post videos to the Feat Judging forum for your lifts! Good luck.

^^^ THIS^^^^

So True what you said oldrustystuff, got to have one to have a clue!!

Giver Hell bro

Ya, I didn't realize how hard the inch was until I put my hands on one. I can lift the baby for reps easy and I can't do much with the full size inch.

• Like 1

I had the same experience with a 53kg bell I got. Thing sat on the floor for about 3 weeks before I got any air under it. Good luck you get air on it in no time.

I can't seem to find much information on how people train for or with Inch dumbbells, mostly just videos of lifts.

My current attack for it is to attach some magnet to the globes and hang some small weights from them to slow the rotation down so I can work with it some and over time reduce the weight, maybe get a lifting strap so when my hand gives out I can still work with it some, and also I might get a 48kg and 53kg circus bells since they are so cheap for what you get.

I'm already working with blocks/blobs, fatgripz go on most my dumbbells when I'm using them, and although I don't have a rolling thunder I do have a Sorinex rotating handle that I use and I'm hoping these things pay off down the line.

I remember the first time I tried an Inch (the day before a grip comp!) - what a truly humbling experience it was.

Several years later I had the opportunity to purchase one . . . .and to this day it still mocks me.

I now consider myself only mildly obsessed - but I do have a plan!

I now consider myself only mildly obsessed - but I do have a plan!

Do tell!

It's definitely tough especially if you cannot get much wrap on the handle.

-Aaron

Yeah I don't see how someone with small hands could do this, mine are 7 3/4 which is normal I think from what I have read here.

Nice rusty. Wish I had one. I tried a baby inch weighing 139 once about ten years ago and lost it before lockout about half way up. It would be cool to own one.

• Like 1

training will make up for hand size. and they'll lift it differently than people with bigger hands. more wrist. darrin shallman has tiny hands and he's a much better blob lifter than I am, or a lot of guys are. the real issue is that it's fixed weight. so, you can either lift it or not. that makes training it harder and you have to be creative. I think with the relatively cheap strength shop bells in different weights that we'll be seeing a lot more inch lifters over the next couple years.

Yeah I don't see how someone with small hands could do this, mine are 7 3/4 which is normal I think from what I have read here.

• Like 1

Thanks, for the advice guys.

This will be a fun thing to have in the gym.

-Aaron

My hands are not small at 8" but most of that proportionally is in my palm length. Helps on Grippers but hinderance on thickbar for me. For me the short fingers and wrap I get on the handle made it feel like more of a pinch. There is about an inch between the tip of my middle finger and tip of my thumb when gripping the Inch DB handle. I have managed to lock it out a handful of times in the past but never pause it at the top for more than a moment. For me to even get that took specialization training for an extended period. I did come up with what I think is a very good thickbar focus program eventually, well for me anyway.

Here is a vid of my first "full" lift. Well full according to me anyway. Hard to believe it was six years ago. Can't do anything with it right now, nor lift the blob right now.

Edited by acorn
  • Like 2

-Aaron

My hands are not small at 8" but most of that proportionally is in my palm length. Helps on Grippers but hinderance on thickbar for me. For me the short fingers and wrap I get on the handle made it feel like more of a pinch. There is about an inch between the tip of my middle finger and tip of my thumb when gripping the Inch DB handle. I have managed to lock it out a handful of times in the past but never pause it at the top for more than a moment. For me to even get that took specialization training for an extended period. I did come up with what I think is a very good thickbar focus program eventually, well for me anyway.

Here is a vid of my first "full" lift. Well full according to me anyway. Hard to believe it was six years ago. Can't do anything with it right now, nor lift the blob right now.

Aaron, can you share the details of your thick bar program that lead you to lifting the inch?

I'm also wondering about your thick bar program.

After two and half years ago I got my INCHes from Germany. In this video I tested those at first time. Weather was wery gold then. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Aaron, can you share the details of your thick bar program that lead you to lifting the inch?

I had planned on offering it as an inexpensively priced ebook but never got around to finishing the ebook with photos and more detail. If there was interest I could try to finish converting what I already have into a short ebook pdf format.

- Aaron

• Like 1

I had planned on offering it as an inexpensively priced ebook but never got around to finishing the ebook with photos and more detail. If there was interest I could try to finish converting what I already have into a short ebook pdf format.

- Aaron

Yes if you finish it, I'll buy it.

After two and half years ago I got my INCHes from Germany. In this video I tested those at first time. Weather was wery gold then. :ph34r:

Nice, Juha. From where in Germany did you get your inch bells?

-Aaron

Tommy's lift is pretty amazing, and his hands seem to be sub 8". I can't hear exactly what he's saying in the video.