This contest will be held in Tucson, AZ

Date: October 10th, 2015

Promoter: Aaron Corcorran

Venue: TBD

Events:

- Hand Grippers - 20mm block set - one hand contested

- 2 Hand Pinch Deadlift - Euro device - Widths of 44mm - 65mm available

- 2" FBBC Crusher DL - one hand contested

Plates will be certified Eleiko's and Grippers will be rated for the NAGS Top 50 list rankings in all events.

Entry Fee: TBD

More info to come as details are determined. If you are interested please contact me to verify and entry forms will be available soon.

post-9402-0-37095100-1438039955_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Nice logo!

Reminds me - I need to ping Frank and see if he is interested / available.

• Like 1

Nice logo!

Reminds me - I need to ping Frank and see if he is interested / available.

Thanks, I just whipped it up in GIMP. Haven't used it much before so it took a little while to figure out where everything was.

Yeah the access to and tools for the layers take a bit to get used to, but once you have them figured out, it's quite handy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Folks - ping Aaron if you are interested in t-shirts from the event.

• 1 month later...

1. Overwhelming interest.

2. We will likely have this at my house due to point #1.

3. 3 1/2 weeks out. Please let me know if you are interested in attending and have not yet. Getting a rough estimate of attendees would be handy.

- Aaron

How many people have expressed interest so far?

6 or 7, but hard to tell how many serious as usual. Could be just you and me comp day or 10 guys. Frustrating.

Since this comp is intended to be a fun fall comp without awards, etc I have decided to run it without entry fees. Weigh in's are available beginning at 8:30 am Oct 10 and folks will be able to stop by starting that early to weigh in and hang out, talk, help setup until start time at 10:30am. Event will be held at my house so please message me for address if you plan on attending. Only doing verbal confirmations this time around because it seems to matter little whether a registration is sent in or not anyway whether someone shows up day of comp. If your name should be on this list let me know.

So far verbal confirms

Aaron Corcorran

Martin Braun

Frank Becker

Stephen Haessler

Emiliano Lake-Herrera

James Neidlinger

BenjaminBoy (from Gripboard)

• Like 1

Probably still some cheap flights available Jedd.

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

Man! Very cool. Do you hold this every year? I am in Phoenix, and once I have more experience(and strength) in grip sports, I would love to go.

At this point it is 2x/year. We did one in Gilbert earlier this year, and we're heading back to Tucson this Fall (and probably the Spring as well?). You should go regardless of your experience level. You will learn a lot. Frank, my son and I are driving down to Tucson. Ping me if you'd like to come along.

• Like 2

Man! Very cool. Do you hold this every year? I am in Phoenix, and once I have more experience(and strength) in grip sports, I would love to go.

At this point it is 2x/year. We did one in Gilbert earlier this year, and we're heading back to Tucson this Fall (and probably the Spring as well?). You should go regardless of your experience level. You will learn a lot. Frank, my son and I are driving down to Tucson. Ping me if you'd like to come along.

I appreciate your offer very much, BWWM. I am about 90% sure I will not be able to make this one, but, when I find out the date for y'all's next one, I will make sure I can go, regardless of my strength level. Thank you again for your generous offer of a ride. That's AaB cool.

• Like 1

Updated list. James had to pull out due to other commitments that came up.

So far verbal confirms

Aaron Corcorran

Martin Braun

Frank Becker

Stephen Haessler

Emiliano Lake-Herrera

I appreciate your offer very much, BWWM. I am about 90% sure I will not be able to make this one, but, when I find out the date for y'all's next one, I will make sure I can go, regardless of my strength level. Thank you again for your generous offer of a ride. That's AaB cool.

You should come down if you can. Like Martin said you will learn a lot and probably save you months of figuring stuff out on your own. Also I'd be happy to take a look at your bending technique after the comp and help you get it dialed in.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 2

So far verbal confirms

Aaron Corcorran

Martin Braun

Frank Becker

Stephen Haessler

Emiliano Lake-Herrera

You should come down if you can. Like Martin said you will learn a lot and probably save you months of figuring stuff out on your own. Also I'd be happy to take a look at your bending technique after the comp and help you get it dialed in.

- Aaron

Wow, Aaron, that is big. If I can make it, I definitely will. By the way, that site, Grip Ratings and Steel Ratings, is that your baby? Freaking outstanding, man. I reference that site for gripping and bending like I reference anatomy charts for martial arts. Really well done, man. Thank you.

So far verbal confirms

Aaron Corcorran

Martin Braun

Frank Becker

Stephen Haessler

Emiliano Lake-Herrera

- Aaron

Wow, Aaron, that is big. If I can make it, I definitely will. By the way, that site, Grip Ratings and Steel Ratings, is that your baby? Freaking outstanding, man. I reference that site for gripping and bending like I reference anatomy charts for martial arts. Really well done, man. Thank you.

Thx, yep that is mine as is the top 50 lists engine on the gripsport.org site. Built all those basically in notepad with database backends as well as the management interfaces. I've bent a thing or 2 in my day as well though I don't often bend anymore.

• Like 3

I went ahead and shared your grip contest on some Facebook pages, and in a group. I don't even know if any of my followers are into grip, though, so it may amount to less than a hill of beans.

I went ahead and shared your grip contest on some Facebook pages, and in a group. I don't even know if any of my followers are into grip, though, so it may amount to less than a hill of beans.

I have an event setup on Facebook as well. But it is private so one has to be invited to see it.

Ah. No problem. I just went and removed the posts.

Cedric, you've already heard this. But Aaron is one of the best dudes on the planet. And I'm not talking about "just grip." Or bending. He will not only make you feel welcome - and like you've known him for a year when you first meet him, but he will dial-in your bending form in one meet-up. I have no doubt that he can do it. It is PRICELESS for a guy like you who is completely hooked on bending to meet up with an elite bender. Meet up with as many elite guys as you can in the coming months and years. Full disclosure though, I did learn a good deal about bending from some guys who would not be considered elite. But for the most part, I learned the most from the elite benders. My progress would've been accelerated greatly if I had met up with them in person. Instead of getting tips here and there. And video form pointers.

• Like 3

Ah. No problem. I just went and removed the posts.

Cedric, you've already heard this. But Aaron is one of the best dudes on the planet. And I'm not talking about "just grip." Or bending. He will not only make you feel welcome - and like you've known him for a year when you first meet him, but he will dial-in your bending form in one meet-up. I have no doubt that he can do it. It is PRICELESS for a guy like you who is completely hooked on bending to meet up with an elite bender. Meet up with as many elite guys as you can in the coming months and years. Full disclosure though, I did learn a good deal about bending from some guys who would not be considered elite. But for the most part, I learned the most from the elite benders. My progress would've been accelerated greatly if I had met up with them in person. Instead of getting tips here and there. And video form pointers.

He is awesome, for sure!I will definitely make the next comp/meet. I just have way too much on my plate in the next couple of months. My wife and I are house hunting, and some other such things. I am blown away by the camaraderie in the Gripping and Bending communities. Most folks are really nice.

• Like 1

Seriously, if you stop by his house, it's like a grip & bending laboratory/museum. I don't know how much grip stuff you have, or how much time you have to train, but let me know if you ever want to stop by my place to train & tinker. I'm a beginner bender at best (my best so far is I have kinked a grade 5 bolt a couple years ago), and mostly do reverse style. However, I do have a lot of grip stuff, and am starting to get half decent at that. What part of the valley do you live in?

• Like 1