Two-hand Pinch: Three 45 Lb. Plates

odin

I remember reading about Heath Sexton doing this, so I thought I'd get it done myself in honor of John Eaton's birthday.

Nice!
Thanks Luke. You can't really see the three 45s on the pipe-assisted lift, but you can see all three when I let them fall after my last lift (at the very end of the video). I can put up a longer version on my blog if anyone wants to see all the plates after the pipe-assisted lift. Edited by odin

Possibly the first to do it in Pyjamas? :D

Well done.

Thanks Mac.

Yeah, I'm in a goofy mood, and it is in honor of Eaton, hence the pajamas (straight from the couch).

Edited by odin

Haha, good job Bob!!! Maybe if my 2HP didn't completely suck, I could stand a chance.

Nice lift Bob!! Sounds like a fun thing to try, but just like Zach I think I am far too weak for that wide of 135lbs.

Classic pinching display by Odin :D

How wide are the 3 45's? Nice pinching !

Awesome :yikes haven't even thought of trying that! give me something else to work for! great work and impressive as usual Bob. :bow

Nice! Whats the width of the 3 plates together?

I know I don't have to try it with my plates so I need to find thinner plates ;)

yeah..... you make that look too easy. :rock :rock

That rocks man keep up the hard training.

Nice work, Bob! Wasn't it the GREAT KAZMAIER, that did this with one hand???? :devil:pinch

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I hope you all give this a try just so you can feel what it is like, I'd like to see some more videos of this feat. It really is harder than you might think (except maybe for the upper-tier pinchers); I couldn't get it last fall when I first did the Blob, 5x10 and 3x25. Please remind me to measure the 45s if I forget.

Nice work, Bob! Wasn't it the GREAT KAZMAIER, that did this with one hand???? :devil:pinch
haha thanks Florian, for the new fellows please read the following:
3 45's has never been done. It was a joke of Fred Hatfields about Kaz that never happened - see sister site Iron History (Fred's son is a member).
I remembered Heath as the one w/ 3x45 two-handed, but actually it was Heath witnessing (see quote below). Maybe I read about Heath doing 2HP 3x45 on farmstrength.com?: