Uphill Battle

boldt

Yesterday marked 3 weeks from when I started dieting and lifting serious again and luckily I thought to take a picture because after looking at a picture before and now I am really surprised how much I progressed in 3 weeks

Your lifting progress looks pretty solid still. Have you had a drop in body weight or are you trying to stay about the same weight and just improve total composition. In your picture you look pretty lean to begin with. I noticed you asked for a little diet advice, I wish I could help. I dropped 25lbs over the winter while doing the CarbNite diet, but I couldn't get my weight below 230, so I'm not really qualified to dole out advice on being ripped LoL! Just keep it up man.

Yesterday marked 3 weeks from when I started dieting and lifting serious again and luckily I thought to take a picture because after looking at a picture before and now I am really surprised how much I progressed in 3 weeks

Your lifting progress looks pretty solid still. Have you had a drop in body weight or are you trying to stay about the same weight and just improve total composition. In your picture you look pretty lean to begin with. I noticed you asked for a little diet advice, I wish I could help. I dropped 25lbs over the winter while doing the CarbNite diet, but I couldn't get my weight below 230, so I'm not really qualified to dole out advice on being ripped LoL! Just keep it up man.
I'm trying to put on a little bit of size while cutting the fat away it's hard to say if I've lost weight because It jumps all over but it looks like im leaning out. I have a few body builder friends so I borrowed some of there formats for cutting

4-2-14

Wednesday

Step ups supersetted with singl leg squat jumps

60x8x4

Jumps

Bwx8x4

Calve raises supersetted w single leg box jumps

185x12x6

Jumps

Bwx10x6

Decline sit ups

15x10x6

Hanging leg raises

Bwx8x6

4-3-14

Thursday

Bench

135x8x6

Fly machine

85x10x6

Incline db press

50x8x6

Shoulder press

95x8x6

Single arm db press

40x8x6

Pull downs

130x8x6

Tbar single arm shoulder press

45x8x3

Cable pulovers

130x8x5

160x8x1

Db Bent over reverse flys

20x8x6

Single arm tricep extensions

40x8x10

Single arm db curl

30x8x10

4-5-14

Saturday

Squat- after each set did 8 squat jumps

185x6x6

Step ups- supersetted with 8 single leg squat jumps

50x8x6

Calve raises- followed by 8 split squat jumps

135x12x6

Hamstring curls

85x10x3

Decline sit ups

15x8x6

I'm trying to put on a little bit of size while cutting the fat away it's hard to say if I've lost weight because It jumps all over but it looks like im leaning out. I have a few body builder friends so I borrowed some of there formats for cutting

If your cutting goes really well let us know, I for one am always interested in effective ways to reduce bodyfat!

• Like 1

If your cutting goes really well let us know, I for one am always interested in effective ways to reduce bodyfat!

it's actually going really well, go to the website "if it fits your macros" and type in your weight, height and all of that stuff and it will calculate your macros and than, just don't exceed the amount of calories fat carbs and you will get cut up

Ive been forgetting to log but hopefully ill get back on track. Ill just start with yesterdays and keep tracking from there

Shoulder press

115x8x5

115x6x1

Single arm db press

45x8x1

40x8x5

Lateral raises

25x8x1

Bi's and tri's superset

Single arm tri extensions

60x8x4

50x8x4

40x8x4

Single arm db curl

30x8x8

25x8x4

4-21-14

Bench

165x8x5

165x6x1

Pull ups on the assisted machine

-40×8×1

-50×7×1

-75×8×1

-90×5×1

-110×7×1

-130×5×1

Db incline press

50x8x6

Db rows

70x8x6

They needed an extra for ball so I ended up skipping the rest of my work out and played basketball for two hours

4-23-14

Bb shoulder press

115x8x5

95x8x1

Db press

40x8x6

Lateral raises

20x8x3

Front cable raises

100x8x8

Cable tricep ext.

120x8x8

Bb curls

75x8x8

Decline sit ups

25x8x8

It's nice to see some of the strength come back but I still have a long ways to go

4-24-14

Thursday

Finally got the courage to try deadlifts again

Deadlift with straps & belt

225x8x1

315x8x1

405x6x1

Pull downs

145x8x6

Db rows

75x8x6

Reverse flys-machine

85x8x3

70x8x3

Cable pull overs

60x8x6

Sorry I haven't been logging this last week because instead of lifting I have been doing some tae kwon do classes and you can't really log that I guess but tomorrow I'll be back to regular lifting and hopefully setting a pr in shoulder press

Finally got the courage to try deadlifts again Deadlift with straps & belt 225x8x1 315x8x1 405x6x1
Deadlifts look strong man. Is there a reason you are using straps though?...this is the GripBoard man! But anyways, Good luck with the Shoulder press PR.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the courage to try deadlifts again Deadlift with straps & belt 225x8x1 315x8x1 405x6x1

Deadlifts look strong man. Is there a reason you are using straps though?...this is the GripBoard man! But anyways, Good luck with the Shoulder press PR.

Yeah I was using straps because my grip has weakened from not exercising it and I wanted to check what kind of numbers I could do for deadlift

Saturday sunday and Tuesdays workout

Sat

Bench

155x8x6

Pull downs

140x10x6

Db incline press

50x10x6

Single db row

70x10x6

Chest fly-machine

85x10x6