Domination Of The Pink Weights

dpc

i am not real familiar with the 5/3/1 program. it seemed to be very effective for you in the past. is that what you are doing now?

MattM - I can't wait to row again lol

bubba- Yeah I'm doing the 5/3/1 again. It worked great in the past, so I didn't see any real reason to mess around with it. Sometimes it can be difficult mentally to know what i used to be able to do, and how long it'll take to get back there, but I feel its worth the wait rather then blow my wad in the first 6 months.

10/16/12

Squat

75 1x5

90 1x5

110 1x3

120 1x5

135 1x5

155 1x5

Leg press

225 1x10

315 1x8

Abs

Notes:

Two nights ago I woke up with a horrible cramp in my calf. I leaped out of bed and was certain I tore it somehow. After putting pressure on it the cramp went away but it is still killing me. It felt fine today until I started leg pressing. For whatever reason, the leg press started killing it so I figured I'd stop altogether considering I've had problems (MattM) with this calf in the past.

bubba- Yeah I'm doing the 5/3/1 again. It worked great in the past, so I didn't see any real reason to mess around with it. Sometimes it can be difficult mentally to know what i used to be able to do, and how long it'll take to get back there, but I feel its worth the wait rather then blow my wad in the first 6 months.

ya, it seemed like it worked well for you. did you have to eat a lot to gain that weight? i have heard about that program but don't know much about it. is there a spreadsheet that spells things out?

ya, it seemed like it worked well for you. did you have to eat a lot to gain that weight? i have heard about that program but don't know much about it. is there a spreadsheet that spells things out?

I ate pretty much normal, except I drank about a gallon of milk a day lol. You probably won't get a ripped six pack, but that isn't my goal. I'll PM you about the other stuff...

10/18/12

Military Press

45 1x5

60 1x5

70 1x3

85 1x3

95 1x3

105 1x3

BB shrugs

135 1x12

165 1x12

185 2x12

100 Band Pulls

30 Pull ups

Notes:

Press actually felt weak today. Not sure why. Just didn't feel good. Hopefully it was just today and not an issue in the coming weeks.

Notes:

Press actually felt weak today. Not sure why. Just didn't feel good. Hopefully it was just today and not an issue in the coming weeks.

Next time try doing the pullups in between your sets of assistance work instead? Have you been eating enough? Lastly are you doing prescribed reps only?

A ton of questions here, sorry man! If I wasn't so busy flexing with mike like a tool I could have asked you in person haha :pinch

Notes:

Next time try doing the pullups in between your sets of assistance work instead? Have you been eating enough? Lastly are you doing prescribed reps only?

A ton of questions here, sorry man! If I wasn't so busy flexing with mike like a tool I could have asked you in person haha :pinch

Matt, no one can ever be too busy flexing...

I probably need to eat a bit more. And as far as prescribed, I'm just doing whatever I feel like that day. I knew today I'd only do 3, but if next week I can feel like I can do more than 1 I will.

10/20/12

Deadlift (first one in a year, touch and go from the floor)

65 1x5

95 1x5

115 1x5

135 2x3

Pull throughs (usually I stay straight legged, today I bent the knees in a squat type way)

50 1x10

70 1x10

90 1x10

100 1x10

back extensions

bodyweight x10

10 lbs 1x10

25 lbs 3x10

(never tried the back extensions with weight on my chest. it felt fine, but the grip handles kept hitting my body, specifically on the 25 pound one.

ab stuff

soccer

notes:

first time deadlifting in a year. it was kinda weird, when i got there my back was already hurting but i just said frik it and decided to deadlift. once i started, the pain went away, but i felt extremely unstable and weak, particularly on the first rep of each set. ill play around with it in the coming weeks

10/22/12

Bench press

60 1x5

75 1x5

85 1x3

100 1x3

115 1x3

130 1x7 (prescribed 3 reps)

Floor press (first time doing these)

bar 1x10

85 1x10

100 1x10

130 1x10

One arm DB rows

40 1x10

55 1x10

70 1x10

40 1x25

Pushdowns with bar

60 3x10

50 1x10

Soccer

This was a good lift for you, the press is coming back faster than the other lifts don't you think?

Also good work with the deadlift! :)

10/25/12

Squat

75 1x5

90 1x5

110 1x3

130 1x3

145 1x3

165 1x3

Box Squat

First time doing these, so just played aournd with the weight. DIdn't even count reps or sets. Worked up to 135. Need Mattmaround to yell at me what I'm doing wrong.

Abs

Notes:

Had a lot of school work to do, so just got in and got out. Back felt relaly sore during last sets of box squats.

10/25/12

Squat

75 1x5

90 1x5

110 1x3

130 1x3

145 1x3

165 1x3

Box Squat

First time doing these, so just played aournd with the weight. DIdn't even count reps or sets. Worked up to 135. Need Mattmaround to yell at me what I'm doing wrong.

Abs

Notes:

Had a lot of school work to do, so just got in and got out. Back felt relaly sore during last sets of box squats.

Sorry about the timing mix up that day, I'd love to see your box squat and yell some haha :grin:

10/27/12

Standing MIlitary Press

45 1x5

60 1x5

75 1x3

90 1x5

100 1x3

110 1x5 (prescribed reps of 1)

BB shrugs

135 4x20

150 band pull aparts

35 total pull ups

Soccer

Notes:

Weighed 175 lbs. Lower back was really sore a few hours after lift. This week was a busy week for the back. First deadlifts, squats and box squats, and then the press and shrugs. It's fine, but I definitely felt it.

10/30/2012

Deadlift

95 1x5

115 1x5

135 1x5

165 2x3

Pullthroughs with bending of the knees

70 1x10

85 1x10

100 1x10

115 1x8 (had to stop here because of my hands, not my legs or back. the rubber grip on the rope was pushing against my thumbs and ended up cutting them. i figured id stop here instead of getting two more reps, but more blood on the rope)

abs

notes:

deadlift felt blah. lower back is still really weak, and the first pull on the first rep feels shaky and weak. didnt do a whole lot after just because it killed my back and the gym i lift at pissed me off so i wanted to leave.

11/1/12

Bench

60 1x5

70 1x5

85 1x3

105 1x5

120 1x3

135 1x5 (prescribed 1 rep)

floor press

105 x10

120 x10

135 x8

one arm db rows

30 1x20

35 1x15

45 1x25 (rep pr) i think every other week ill go between high reps and high weight. i want to confuse my body so it doesnt get used to it (that last part was a joke)

db flyes

20 2x12

25 1x12

notes:

had a crappy diet today so didnt have energy. but i got 5 reps on bench, so thats all that matters

11/6/12

Squat

75 1x5

90 1x5

110 1x3

135 1x5

155 1x3

175 1x2 (prescribed reps was 1. the last rep was the worst rep ive ever had on any exercise. ever.)

abs

Notes:

my back has been giving me fits for about a week now. I went to squat yesterday and when I got there my back was just too sore so I just left.

Just in time then, I hope your back is feeling better. I appologize that I have been MIA from your workouts, it's been a rough couple of weeks plus my lifting schedule is transitioning to a 3-4 day a week routine! You're lifts look awesome though, a ton of improvement this month I see!

11/17/2012

Military press

50 x5

60 x5

75 x3

80 x5

90 x5

105 x5

bb shrugs

135 15, 20, 25, 20

Notes:

So this past week as my deload week. I had a lot of school stuff to do, and my back was bothering me so I just kinda did nothing. I could only do the first two lifts as my best friend was in town for the last time and I wanted to hang out with him.

The back feels okay, but I haven't done much. As far as the press, meh. I think it's more mental. I'm freaking out about Calc and Ochem, and my cat just got diagnosed with diabetes so that sucks.

I'll be at the gym today (tuesday) at like 8ish, and tomorrow sometime in the afternoon if youre around. Hope all is well

11/26/12

back is still giving me a lot of issues. i was supposed to do deadlift today but instead i just did some light back stuff. back raises and pullthroughs, stuff like that. nothing worth logging