Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Anthony I'm talking less than 15mm... You could make a thin block out of wood. Too thick and it won't target the extensors

Anthony I'm talking less than 15mm... You could make a thin block out of wood. Too thick and it won't target the extensors

gotcha. Will do, thank you for the advice Jon!

No prob bro, I learned this info from Kody, I remember him telling me he did a ton of volume with thin pinch during his run on the 2hp WR. It really works too

• Like 2

Grip today

Grip machine static holds for time

Right: 136, 151, 151, 141

Left: 136, 136, 136, 136

Both hands on device, set to 1.5": 12x136, 7x146

Right hand 9xcoc2 mms

Left12xbbsa mms

Hub

Right hand 8x30 9x30 2 holds with 30 for time

Left 6x30 6x30 2 holds 30 for time

Plate curl

Right 9x20 8x20

Left 8x20 7x20

Narrow pinch (using less than 20mm thick 5lb plate with rope looped through middle)

25 lbs each hand for 2 sets of hand to hand passes

One wicked wrist roller

5 reps 25lbs

Good stuff Anthony, keep it up. Really interesting about that thin pinch, I've been kinda wanting a different way to train extensors cause I'm tired of using bands.

Oh and how does grip machine weight compare to gripper weight? Like is crushing 140lbs on a grip machine comparable to a 140lbs rgc gripper?

Good stuff Anthony, keep it up. Really interesting about that thin pinch, I've been kinda wanting a different way to train extensors cause I'm tired of using bands.

Oh and how does grip machine weight compare to gripper weight? Like is crushing 140lbs on a grip machine comparable to a 140lbs rgc gripper?

Thanks drake! I thought it was very interesting too so I tried it right away and.indeed, felt it in my extensors.

The weights are comparable, but slightly off. I think you can close a heavier gripper than what you can do with the grip machine. Also, the grip machine has a completely different feel to it. A lot of the old school guys swore by the machine and ill tell you man, it is brutal to train with!

Thanks drake! I thought it was very interesting too so I tried it right away and.indeed, felt it in my extensors.

The weights are comparable, but slightly off. I think you can close a heavier gripper than what you can do with the grip machine. Also, the grip machine has a completely different feel to it. A lot of the old school guys swore by the machine and ill tell you man, it is brutal to train with!

Nice, gonna try that out soon. Yah the grip machine seems cool, I might get one eventually, but I dont know when I would use one now. Havnt used torsion springs enough to want to dosomething else lol. Its a discipline allowing appropriate recover!

Full body today

Sumo Deadlifts

8x235 8x255 8x285

Dumbbell incline press

8x80 8x80 8x80

Chin ups using vbar attachment

8xbw+25 8xbw25 8xbw35

Standing DB laterals

8x30 8x30 12x25

Dumbbell Preacher curl

7x30.7x30 9x30

Seated overhead dumbbell extensions

8x85 8x85 8x85

Sumo Deadlifts felt easy. This may be the style for me. Gonna try 305 next time. Did some more bending after my workout today.

Full body yesterday

Close stance Smith machine squats

12, 12, 12 x 70per side

Hyperextensions with barbell behind neck

10, 10, 12x bw+20

Incline Hammerstrength Press

8, 8, 10 x92.5 per side

One arm dumbbell row

8, 8, 7/6 x95

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press

10, 10x60

Seated Dumbbell curl

8, 8, 8 x35

Cable Pushdown

10, 10, 10, 12x80

Been doing abs and rotator cuffs consistently.

Grip today

Grippers

Right 1xghp6 134, just miss x hg300 141, 1xsm 128 block set, 3xbbsm hybrid 120, a few closes with coc 2 CCS

Left miss x sm 128, miss 2.5 125, miss bbm 118, 1xbbm 118....terrible. Just could not close anything lefty today

Hub

Right 9x31.25, 6x33.75 7x33.75, hold with 30

Left 8x31.25 4x33.75 6x33.75 hold with 30. All pr's right and left

Plate curl

Right 2x25 plate, 13x20

Left 9x20 9x20 all pr's

Thin pinch holds 26.5 hand to hand

Eyhb 3 sets

Grippers felt weak today, for many reasons, but not gonna whine about it. Just gonna chalk it up (no pun intended) and come back stronger next week.

Grip today

Grippers

Right 1xghp6 134, just miss x hg300 141, 1xsm 128 block set, 3xbbsm hybrid 120, a few closes with coc 2 CCS

Left miss x sm 128, miss 2.5 125, miss bbm 118, 1xbbm 118....terrible. Just could not close anything lefty today

Hub

Right 9x31.25, 6x33.75 7x33.75, hold with 30

Left 8x31.25 4x33.75 6x33.75 hold with 30. All pr's right and left

Plate curl

Right 2x25 plate, 13x20

Left 9x20 9x20 all pr's

Thin pinch holds 26.5 hand to hand

Eyhb 3 sets

Grippers felt weak today, for many reasons, but not gonna whine about it. Just gonna chalk it up (no pun intended) and come back stronger next week.

Sometimes you have bad days man, you can't explain them, because you think you've prepared yourself for improvement and the easy stuff suddenly feels hard. Just gotta press on (or take a couple days off for the CNS)... I had a couple bad workouts lately myself, it just means the PRs are around the corner. Don't let bad days derail your workouts, stick to the plan but weed out stuff that smokes the CNS too much. I'm learning to leave more in the tank instead of frying the muscles, seem to respond better that way... Anyway, keep up the good training bro! Edited by jvance
  • Like 1

Thanks jon. Just sucks that I haven't really gotten stronger on my left hand in a long time. I need to start thinking about changing things up as I've seeminly hit a plateau. Thanks for the positive words bro

Thanks jon. Just sucks that I haven't really gotten stronger on my left hand in a long time. I need to start thinking about changing things up as I've seeminly hit a plateau. Thanks for the positive words bro

I hear yah about the left hand, I still haven't gotten a 2 close left and I can rep it now with my right. Honestly grippers just feel awkward in my left hand, I hope that goes away.

Don't worry brother, I agree with jvance, you train so consistently pr's have to be around the corner.

Keep gripping!

I hear yah about the left hand, I still haven't gotten a 2 close left and I can rep it now with my right. Honestly grippers just feel awkward in my left hand, I hope that goes away.

Don't worry brother, I agree with jvance, you train so consistently pr's have to be around the corner.

Keep gripping!

Thanks bro. Unfortunately I don't think that awkward feeling goes away with the off hand and grippers. They always just feel weird. Best you can do is train both sides equally and hope for the best. You should try putting your 2 in a choker and grind out as many reps as you can off hand. That'll build some good strength. :-)

Keep gripping!

Thanks bro. Unfortunately I don't think that awkward feeling goes away with the off hand and grippers. They always just feel weird. Best you can do is train both sides equally and hope for the best. You should try putting your 2 in a choker and grind out as many reps as you can off hand. That'll build some good strength. :-)

I'd like not to since I was though to best past a choked 2 now lol, but I might have to if it doesn't happen soon. With that said I think choker work is awesome. I did two days of choker work with my 2 and the next workout is when I closed it. I definently think its a good way to get that last mm.

I have my 2.5 in a choker now and slowly increasing the spread. When I get 5 good over crushes at 25mm ill take it out. I don't see why some people don't like choker work, it pretty much just working on the gripper backwards lol

Lol I love choker work. I think you get a better workout in on them because every rep youre gettinf ideal leverage on the gripper. That said, you need to work on setting just as much because the set is more important than the close.

Full body workout today

Squats

8, 8, 8 x 285

Standing Barbell Military press

10, 10 x 115

TBar Row with vbar attachment (not counting weight of bar)

8, 8, 10 x 150

Dumbbell Flat Bench press

8, 8, 8 x 85

Seated dumbbell hammer curl

9, 9 x 35, 5x40

Dips

10, 10, 12 x bw+25

Strength is really going up with this workout. When I first started this program a month ago, my conditioning sucked so bad that I would be wiped out after squats and then drag through the rest of the session. Now I kind of just beast it out, jumping around from set to set with very little rest. Very happy about that. Plus, it saves so much time since I'm only at the gym every 3 days.

On a side note, I got a new toy today! A half 70 York block weight which weighs 34.6 pounds. Pathetic enough, I cannot lift it yet, which sucks but is also pretty cool because I guess I got the perfect goal block to build the strength to lift. This bad boy will catch air!

Moving along....full body today

Sumo deadlifts

1x295, 6x315, 12x275

Fat grips deadlifts

5x155 4x155

Dumbbell incline presses

8x85 8x85 8x80

Hammer grip chins

12 12 12

Standing dumbbell lateral raises

8x30 8x30 6x30

Dumbbell preacher curl

7x30 9x30 10x30

Seated overhead dumbbell extension

8x90 8x90 8x85

Abs

Static holds DO grip

225 225

First off, this was an awesome workout. My deadlift is finally going up (for now). Problem...295 seems to be my max double overhand grip right now. I prefer doing them this way because i can keep the hands close together (each hand half on, half off the center knurling). After i put more weight on, i have to use mixed grip and have to widen the grip because my arms brush my legs too much. To the 2 people reading this... Should i...gasp...use straps for heavier weight? I already started incorporating static holds in to bring up my supporting grip, but i don't want my deadlift to suffer because of grip. Mixed grip i can handle significantly more weight, but it feels like a totally different exercise.

Also, pr's on everything except the fat gripz deadlifts. I havent done them in months and it showed.

Good question. I'm struggling with the same question. My deadlift strenght is now on par with my grip. I think I will gowith the straps for now because I don't like mixed grip. And I don't want a torn bicep.

I'm also going to try static holds for a while. But not on the same day as deadlift. I want to be able to use at least the same weight as I'm deadlifting. I think standing finger curls have already helped make my support grip better.

I've deadlifted 240kg.

Grip was never an issue really. I always went DO til I started slipping and then I did mixed grip.

If and when I did a heavy higher rep deadlift I always used straps to make sure my back got the most out of it.

After that I did rackpulls (like every other deadlift session) and 3-5 second holds with really heavy weights to hit my grip, both DO and mixed.

Worked for me :)

Done 310kg rackpulls without straps mixed grip.

Good question. I'm struggling with the same question. My deadlift strenght is now on par with my grip. I think I will gowith the straps for now because I don't like mixed grip. And I don't want a torn bicep.

I'm also going to try static holds for a while. But not on the same day as deadlift. I want to be able to use at least the same weight as I'm deadlifting. I think standing finger curls have already helped make my support grip better.

Thanks roy, this is great advice. I have heard warnings about mixed grip and am not crazy about it. I feel much better pulling DO. I didn't even think abiut doing the holds on a different day. You'reright, i should be using the weight that i would normally deadlift with. I'll go with straps for my heaviest sets for now and keep working holds, and start finger curls. They seem like a great overall grip exercise!

I've deadlifted 240kg.

Grip was never an issue really. I always went DO til I started slipping and then I did mixed grip.

If and when I did a heavy higher rep deadlift I always used straps to make sure my back got the most out of it.

After that I did rackpulls (like every other deadlift session) and 3-5 second holds with really heavy weights to hit my grip, both DO and mixed.

Worked for me :)

Done 310kg rackpulls without straps mixed grip.

Thanks peter! Heavy rack pulls seem like a great idea. Except for not nearly as much weight as you can do lol

Something ive been doing is on my last rep on my last set of deadlifts is holding on to the bar as long as possible. I'm also going to start doing weighted dead hangs to help increase my supporting strength. But unless your gonna compete in powerlifting id just use straps. Probobly a 1/1000 chance your tear a bicep using mixed grip. It all comes down to how important it is for you not to use straps and if you're willing to take that risk

Something ive been doing is on my last rep on my last set of deadlifts is holding on to the bar as long as possible. I'm also going to start doing weighted dead hangs to help increase my supporting strength. But unless your gonna compete in powerlifting id just use straps. Probobly a 1/1000 chance your tear a bicep using mixed grip. It all comes down to how important it is for you not to use straps and if you're willing to take that risk

Thanks drake! I do the long holds on the last rep also, but I guess I need to kick it up a notch. You're right, it's not that serious if I use straps for my heaviest sets.

Grip today

Grippers

Right: 2.5 CCS fail (so close!), 3 MMS fail, 4x2.5mms, 7x2

Left: 2 CCS fail (also close), 2.5MMS, 6x2 mms

Hub

Right 9x35, 3x40, FX45, 2 holds with 30

Left 6x33.75, 4x35, Fx40, 2 holds with 30

2HP on homemade wooden block (2 inch wide)

10x75, 3x95, 10x100

Sledge Levers, wrist curl and reverse wrist curl 4 sets each

Good workout! I haven't been really enjoying grippers lately so I backed off and did only a few sets. I'm gonna be doing a lot of attempts with the 3 now to really get better at setting, and well, to close the 3 lol. Worked my pinch hard. PR's for hub. Made a two hand pinch block out of a 2x6 and it's really nice to lift with. It's not a euro, but it'll do for now.