Coin Pinch Lift

JaredWith1R

For those who don't know, the Subreddit r/GripTraining runs monthly contests, and this month is the Coin Pinch Lift. Drill a hole in a US quarter, hang weights, lift.

Now I don't want to brag, but as of right now, I'm in 1st place, and managed to extend my lead today. Went from an acceptable 33.2lbs to a destructive 38.4lbs! I figured I would post here to share my (hopefully never ending) glory with my grip brothers.

I imagine this isn't a NAGS sanctioned event, but does anyone know of a current WR on this lift? I tried to compare it to a GripTopz lift, but it isn't quite the same gripping surface, so it doesn't really work out the same.

Enjoy the lift!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1Kr5ZrAIc

Edited by JaredWith1R
  • Like 1

Think the penny/half penny WR is somewhere between 20-30kg.

Good lift!

Btw love abit of def leppard on in the back ground ;) good band.

Edited by JoshW

Think the penny/half penny WR is somewhere between 20-30kg.

Good lift!

Btw love abit of def leppard on in the back ground ;) good band.

Ha thanks man, Motorhead Radio is a pretty solid Pandora workout station. Gets ya pumped.

Some bigger training lifts have been made but record with half a penny is 20,56kg. It is really hard to compere these devices to each other but i think your lift was strong.

Is that technique required for contest? Looks difficult.

You must pinch the coin between the fingerprints of the thumb and index finger, and yeah it's difficult. I'm pretty sure I could get a few more pounds if the grip was open to interpretation.

You must pinch the coin between the fingerprints of the thumb and index finger, and yeah it's difficult. I'm pretty sure I could get a few more pounds if the grip was open to interpretation.

Between the fingerprints? Are you sure it's not a "key pinch"?

Watched your video closer. Looks like you were doing between the fingerprints like you said and that is a LEGIT lift. Holy cow. The coin stayed vertical for you? It looked like it tipped horizontal.

It may have tipped off vertical, but it wasn't 90deg. This is a pretty rough lift, I gotta say.

Just to update anyone who is interested, my previous PR at 38.4lbs got beat by 40.6lbs. I couldn't let that stand, so I tossed on a 2.5#r and pulled 41.10# right off the bat today. Warmed up with my squats/bench/row session, didn't bother warming up on the coin, and caught the lift on video on my first attempt.

This isn't a huge increase over the current 1st place weight, but hey, I added 2.7lbs to my own PR. Still super psyched, hopefully it passes judging.

Thanks for checking out my lifts.

https://youtu.be/UNCObyff_EE