#3.5 With A Deep Set

David_wigren

Attempted to close my #3.5 with a parallel set. After reviewing the video I noticed that it might have been a couple of hairs narrower than parallel. Also It might not have been fully closed. But if it wasn't, it was damn closed of being fully closed.

Link to the video on my FB:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153226469896100&set=vb.633191099&type=2&theater&notif_t=like

This was the best still I could get where you could clearly see the 3.5 and kind of see that it was closed(ish). I don't know what this particular gripper rates but I've got a 173 #3.5 rated by Matt Cannon flying over the Atlantic ocean toward my place as we speak. Should be here by early next week. Then I'll know for sure what my strength is.

BTW the MM1 wont know what hit it!

gallery_7531_1492_4237.jpg

• Like 12

That was pretty freaking Awesome!!!! That MM1 is toast :flame

That was pretty freaking Awesome!!!! That MM1 is toast :flame

Thank you, and yes the MM1 is dead meat! :devil

• Like 1

Should be close to a bodyweight close man. What's your current BW. There's only 2-3 guys who've closed more than BW.. Yori, Cannon, Heslep come to mind here... There may be a few more. It's a goal of mine, but it looks like you're right on the doorstep of this feat.

• Like 1

Should be close to a bodyweight close man. What's your current BW. There's only 2-3 guys who've closed more than BW.. Yori, Cannon, Heslep come to mind here... There may be a few more. It's a goal of mine, but it looks like you're right on the doorstep of this feat.

Thank you Jon! BW was just under 82kg today, should be about 181 lbs. The average #3.5 is around 180 from what I understand. I should be close to a BW close then. Unless it's a very easy #3.5.

Those are some mighty strong gentlemen, wouldn't mind sharing membership with that group!

Great job David. A #3.5 is serious business.

Good stuff buddy! It seems we're about the same league now. Despite rating, a 3.5 remains a 3.5. It's a huge stepping stone. Now to maintain your strength for the MM1 cert. Won't be hard for you, it is a very doable gripper.

• Like 1

Great job David. A #3.5 is serious business.

Thank you Chez! A #3.5 is hard, but I can't imagine how it feels like closing grippers you've closed!

So strong Wiggy. Time for a #3 cert.

Thank you Sharkey! After the summer. Right now parallel and 20mm set work is first priority. The LGC comp and the Mash Monster ladder is going to be my prime focus over the next 3-5 months.

Very awesome job man

Thank you brother!

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Haha thank you!

Oh snap! Awesome work!

Keep going with the grippers duder. And not only is MM1 dead meat, but MM2 will be a shoe-in for you as well. And im still thinkin youll give even the MM3 a mean sqeeze!

WORD!

Thank you Tommy! The MM1 and MM2 is the plan and if I'm fortunate to have my progress continue, the MM3 and MM4 spot next to you will be one of my goals.

Impressive grip strength David!

Thank you Chuck!

Great work, your smoking on grippers!

Thank you brother!

David man that is crazy!! Not many people at your weight can make light work of a #3.5!

Thank you Josh! Those are some good bench numbers BTW. One of my other goals is to hit the 140kg close grip bench by this summer.

Good stuff buddy! It seems we're about the same league now. Despite rating, a 3.5 remains a 3.5. It's a huge stepping stone. Now to maintain your strength for the MM1 cert. Won't be hard for you, it is a very doable gripper.

Thank you Geralt! Maybe this is why my gripper strength went up. The universe felt there was an imbalance, so I was given this gripper boost in order to balance our similarities lol!

• Like 1

140kg close grip is doable! Lots of tricep power! ;) what's your normal grip bench max? And thanks! I love heavy bench :D

Edited by JoshW

140kg close grip is doable! Lots of tricep power! ;) what's your normal grip bench max? And thanks! I love heavy bench :D

I'm around 130kg atm. I only do close grip bench. Wide just feels weird to me for some reason.

I've measured mine out, I place my pinky 2" inside the rings, found that's the sweet spot that's not awkward on my shoulders. Got a strong bench yourself mate!

Wiggy you have always impressed and inspired me. Keep it up.

Wiggy you have always impressed and inspired me. Keep it up

And you've inspired me too. Thank you EJ

Very strong David. :rock hope i can do have the reps you did on a 3 with a 2.5 :P