Recommend Me A New Program To Follow, Aiming For Ccs #3

exarmy

This year I have completed RRBT and am just starting Phase 3 of KTA tomorrow so in 3 weeks time I'll b ready to tackle something new

I can close my GHP7 and #3, but CCS strength is way behind and my best is the #2.5 but that was a while ago I could probably get a low 130's now.

So i'm trying to figure out the next step, wether to re-run RRBT again but start low and do everything with a credit card, or to start something different that is specifically aimed at CCS strength. Or, just start RRBT again but start off where I finished last time and do it MMS and just shoot for MMS closing an my Elite, then hope the strength carries over to CCS?

I would take a mini-break. RRBT and KTA are brutal programs. I would not jump right into another cycle of either since you did them back to back.

• Like 2

Take the break, first off. Secondly, do not approach CCS training the same way as mms. CCS is much harder on the tendons, especially the smaller ring and pinkie. So you're gonna want to make sure you don't overdo it on the volume and you also increase your rest days between CCS workouts. I'm doing a program Kody Burns recommended that Andrew Durniat got him on a while back. I only train CCS once a week, with a volume range starting from 9 closes to 25 at the end of the program. I've seen steady measurable gains on this low volume approach with no injuries or pain.

• Like 1

I would take a mini-break. RRBT and KTA are brutal programs. I would not jump right into another cycle of either since you did them back to back.

Ditto.

There are times that not training is more productive than training.

ok, sound advice I think. easy to get carried away and get stuck in the mindset that RRBT and KTA are normal ways to train all of the time!

so I'll take a few weeks off when I finish phase 3 then start something new. jvance, any more details on this program it sounds right up my street?

I ran RRBT took two weeks off and now am 2 weeks from finishing Jedds CBT program. I think I'm gonna run John McCarters Grip Strength Dynamics in the first of October to see if I can get my gripper and pinch strength up at the same time.