Joe Kinney Claims To Squat 650lbs

Sam Scott

http://www.ironmind-forum.com/forum/training/grip/1744-gopd-gripper-obsession-personality-disorder?p=54220#post54220

" Sure. Some of my stuff was made from the scrap generated by a robotic cutting / burning operation. If you bought a thick plate of steel, and needed some holes cut through it, this robotic torch would be used to do the job. It makes really good scrap sometimes. Anyway, there are a couple of these scrap burn-outs in the picture. They weigh 65 lbs each.

The concrete weights were made as follows: “Three 50 lb bags of concrete mix were poured into each mold – no waste – nothing poured out onto the ground. The water evaporates, the concrete hardens, and you've got a pair of 150 lb weights.” The holes were formed by using duct tape to stand a piece of PVC pipe upright in the middle of each mold. When the concrete was poured in, these standing pipes left me with weights that had a hole through them. These are a cheap alternative to store-bought weights. They were not permanently attached to the bar. When I mentioned that they didn't come off, what was meant was that I refused to take them off. They were difficult to handle. If you couldn't squat at least 335 lbs., you needed to stay out from under that bar.

The flywheels are an interesting tidbit. I had been calling them 25s for years. After checking with the guy who has them, it's been determined that these things weigh 38 lbs. each. They are GM 14”, 168 tooth truck flywheels.

So, we've got a bar @ 35 lbs. ....................35
Two concrete weights @ 150 ea. X 2........ 300
Two steel burn-out @ 65 ea. X 2............... 130
Four flywheels @ 38 ea. X 4.................... 152
Two cast iron 10s @ 10 x 2....................... 20
Two 2.5 lb collets @ 2.5 x 2........................ 5

.................................................. ............642 lbs. or thereabouts.

Calling those flywheels 25s led me to believe there was only 590 on there. Either way, still not too bad for an older guy.
I hope some of this will inspire people to be creative when it comes to finding ways to get stronger."

Perfect example of the cross-forum rebuttal that we're not interested in fascilitating. No original comments, reflections, thoughts, or content.

This was posted at the IronMind forum and you can follow the link above to reply there.

I'm not saying there is no discussion to be had, but this does not pass muster. As a moderating team we've made our direction on this clear.

Thanks.

• Like 2