Mm1 Rgc

greppstark

As topic, what poundage would you estimate the MM1 to end up with rated with the rgc method? (only for those who have certed with this gripper.)

155 +\-2

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

Just my 2 cents: 154-156 (give or take from the years of certification attempts).

• Like 2

Thanks guys! Now I know where to be in order to cert this gripper.

Agreed. The knurling is on the smooth side. And it's nasty at the close if the gripper is near your limit.

• Like 1

Agreed. The knurling is on the smooth side. And it's nasty at the close if the gripper is near your limit.

Agreed and considering that the ends are very different than what you'll currently find on the market.

• Like 1

Is the knurling similar to other WT grippers?

Out of interest are the MM grippers oiled before being sent?

• Like 1

Don't think so as Matt wrote the knurling is on the smooth side. Beef builder grippers is known for having rough knurling! I think I will wait until i can close my Elite because then I know i'm ready

Edited by Simon Norevi

Don't think so as Matt wrote the knurling is on the smooth side. Beef builder grippers is known for having rough knurling! I think I will wait until i can close my Elite because then I know i'm ready

That's the same thing I'm doing...when I can close my 161 hybrid elite I am going to sign up

Out of interest are the MM grippers oiled before being sent?

Yeah, I brush the chalk off the handles and clean the spring for every cert.

On the knurling, maybe it was that sharp and one point, but they've been mailed and used enough that it's pretty smooth these days. Maybe around IM sharpness or slightly less.

• 1 year later...
On 16.06.2015 at 1:00 AM, greppstark said:

По теме, какой бы вы пошлина с веса оценить MM1, чтобы в конечном итоге с рейтингом с помощью метода RGC? (Только для тех, кто certed с этим захватом.)

Congratulations!

• 6 years later...
On 6/15/2015 at 8:07 PM, EJ Livesey said:

155 +\-2

On 6/15/2015 at 8:46 PM, John McCarter said:

Just my 2 cents: 154-156 (give or take from the years of certification attempts).

Anyone know what the current RGC estimations are for MM1-MM9? I'm curious as someone that wants to climb the ladder in the future.

23 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Anyone know what the current RGC estimations are for MM1-MM9? I'm curious as someone that wants to climb the ladder in the future.

I found my estimates for you:

MM1 - 153ish. The thing about this gripper is that it has a super soft easy set and sweep so that helps if the set is your weak point. 

MM2 - about 163/164. 

MM3 - 180-183. this is the real divider. I closed my 180 COC #3.5 right before and this felt harder. I had to dig deep. they made it a big jump on purpose. For some reason that last quarter inch really binds so it gives you false confidence until you hit that last bit. You have to blast through it

MM4 - 182-184. Not really much harder than the MM3 if at all. Smoother. I don't remember the same bind at the end. 

MM5 - 190. Next noticeable jump

MM6 - felt just like my 194 super elite. 

MM7 - 197-200. Felt like my grand elite 198 grand elite 

MM8 - 204-206. Per Morgan.

MM9- 205-210 per Steve Anderson 

MM10 - no one has tried it yet 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, josé adalton said:

@SeNoLD estimated it to be between 97-98 kg (214-216 lb) in his comments from the YT channel.

Ya: I know he was a bit higher 

9 hours ago, Chez said:

I found my estimates for you:

MM1 - 153ish. The thing about this gripper is that it has a super soft easy set and sweep so that helps if the set is your weak point.

MM2 - about 163/164.

MM3 - 180-183. this is the real divider. I closed my 180 COC #3.5 right before and this felt harder. I had to dig deep. they made it a big jump on purpose. For some reason that last quarter inch really binds so it gives you false confidence until you hit that last bit. You have to blast through it

MM4 - 182-184. Not really much harder than the MM3 if at all. Smoother. I don't remember the same bind at the end.

MM5 - 190. Next noticeable jump

MM6 - felt just like my 194 super elite.

MM7 - 197-200. Felt like my grand elite 198 grand elite

MM8 - 204-206. Per Morgan.

MM9- 205-210 per Steve Anderson

MM10 - no one has tried it yet

There is a big gap between MM8 and MM9. There is definitely no 200LBS in MM8

Some time before the M9, I was doing GHP9 at 95-97kg, and it was noticeably lighter

Edited by SeNoLD
  • Like 3

I thought MM1 was maybe 150-151 as opposed to 153, because my PR when I went for MM1 was my COC 3 rated 153 and I thought MM1 was noticeably easier than that.  But as Chez says, that could be because of the easy set (and setting not being my strong point).  I thought MM2 might be about 162, but could have been a little more.  When I went for MM2 - and I just barely got it - my PR was an MMS double on a COC 3 rated 160.  So I figure I was closing in the low 160s -- I did not have anything else less than 170 to try at the time, and since then my MMS PR on the two occasions when I felt I was at my best ever at grippers and a shade stronger than when I did MM2 (around when I certed the 3) has been 165.  So I feel like MM2 would not have been as high as 164, but maybe I was just amped and on that day.

@Lucasraymond just submitted his MM2, so he may have a fresh thought on this.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I thought MM1 was maybe 150-151 as opposed to 153, because my PR when I went for MM1 was my COC 3 rated 153 and I thought MM1 was noticeably easier than that.  But as Chez says, that could be because of the easy set (and setting not being my strong point).  I thought MM2 might be about 162, but could have been a little more.  When I went for MM2 - and I just barely got it - my PR was an MMS double on a COC 3 rated 160.  So I figure I was closing in the low 160s -- I did not have anything else less than 170 to try at the time, and since then my MMS PR on the two occasions when I felt I was at my best ever at grippers and a shade stronger than when I did MM2 (around when I certed the 3) has been 165.  So I feel like MM2 would not have been as high as 164, but maybe I was just amped and on that day.

MM1 is so long ago I cannot remember. Id say MM2 is around 163-164 (we have grippers in 162, 163, and 164)...ive been closing 168-170 consistently with mms and 164 x 2-3 with 20mm block set but aggravated my already injured index finger at work on monday so waited basically 48 hrs to give it some time to recover before trying it. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I agree, I thought MM1 felt like 151. I say this because I can get/almost get my 152 #3 most days lefty so this definitely felt easier. But then again, the set in the MM1 was like butter. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stranger said:

I agree, I thought MM1 felt like 151. I say this because I can get/almost get my 152 #3 most days lefty so this definitely felt easier. But then again, the set in the MM1 was like butter. 

Tetting grippers feel easier to me at the same weight compared to COC....they are generally narrower and easier to set from what ive felt. 

• Like 4

I don't think MM1 could have been much more than 150.  I can't quite TNS my 159 Cobalt, but I was able to TNS the MM1 after two MMS attempts a few minutes prior.

The MM2 is no more than 164.  My 3.5 I train with is 165, and it felt roughly the same.

I'll let you all know what I think about the MM3 soon. :D

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

I don't think MM1 could have been much more than 150.  I can't quite TNS my 159 Cobalt, but I was able to TNS the MM1 after two MMS attempts a few minutes prior.

The MM2 is no more than 164.  My 3.5 I train with is 165, and it felt roughly the same.

I'll let you all know what I think about the MM3 soon. :D

Yesterday was MM2 and I just did a 164 today for a mms x2….just shows some days are better than others. 

• Like 3