My First Experience With Manus Grip Deadlifts.

king crusher

Hey guys. So I want to thank Yori for the seem less transaction in buying the manus grips. Got them very fast, today actually.

So I had no idea what to expect but guessed pretty good.

I just got done doing these and it was all I did tonight. I actually did a back and bicep workout this morning lol but hit only upper back because I was expecting to try these tonight.

Went like this,

3 singles with 135, 225, 275, 325 miss, 295, 315 miss because right manus grip started turning, 275x6 almost a 7th but this time left manus turned a lil.

I am happy with this as a baseline. I think I had 315 in me if I tried first instead of 325 but I was to lazy and tossed another 25 on each side haha.

Videos in order

325 miss but broke off ground

295x1

315 miss but lost past half way due to spin

275x6. Had the 7th but manus started to turn some.

Also video taped the grips on bar it's way wider than an axle. I wrapped a tape around it and it's about 7.5" around!

I am gonna bring these to the gym and try them on a normal 28mm or whatever gym bar

• Like 2

those are very strong pulls.. never tried the manus.. how do they compare to the FGs? This questions goes out to everybody...

Thanks jvance I have no idea personally. I've only tried these. Yori will know I'm sure. I tried a thick bar ten years ago and nothing since then.

Because of the amount of "give" in fatgripz, the Magnus grips are just a tiny bit harder.

I found this funny at first, because the FGs are thicker yet easier.

The difference would be 10lbs at most.

• Like 1

Thanks Yuri. I like the grips they seem very well made. I was just thinking, do you recommend chalking the bar under the manus grips? I didn't at all but wonder if it would be a good idea?

Next time I use them I'm bring them to the gym and I will hit at least three plates. I think I will like training with these because it makes my grip the limiting factor not my back.

I think using them for pull ups would be cool too.

Great job on the pulls! 295 is very good...the first time I tried my Manus grips I got 230.

I've been working out with the Manus Grips now for a couple of months and have never had them rotate during a set. I haven't needed to chalk the bar but in your case it sounds like its worth a try.

I think you should have no problem getting 315 in the next workout.

Good luck man.

Thanks frank. It felt like it turned but due to my lack of using them before it was probably just my hand turning and made it feel like it moved. Yeah I'm getting 315 next time!!

• Like 1

Strong lifts - especially for your first tries with the fat grips! Love the children of bodem in the background too!

• Like 1

Chalk gets rid of moisture well, but I'm not sure if it will do anything here unless you pack it in there.

Still, it's a good idea to experiment.

Strong lifts - especially for your first tries with the fat grips! Love the children of bodem in the background too!

Good stuff to try for pr's with haha.

Yeah I'm gonna go 275,295,315 next time. I was making a jump like I normally would on regular deadlifts and didn't work out too well haha. Guess I gotta take smaller step ups. I'm bringing these to the gym next time. Although I'm not supposed to bring chalk there. Dumb.