Misc. Mayhem

bwwm

Yesterday:

Swiss Bar OHP: 165# - stuck with the wide grip. 6 x 5 < shoulder felt better compared to last week. Think the impingement theory regarding the narrower grips may be correct.

Grippers: Was doing volume with my #3, 20mm set, but pretty inconsistent. Think grip work earlier in the week, and heavy pull-ups Friday pre-fatigued the grip.

Wide Bench: 135# x 10; 185# 3 x 10

KB Rows: 123# 3 x 15 bh

Ab Wheel: from the knees: 3 x 15

Today:

Swiss Bar OHP: Wide grip: 125# 4 x 5 < shoulder feeling a lot better after these now

Ab Wheel; from the knees: 3 x 15

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 295# 3 x 3 < shoulder feeling good. Time to drop down a bit and build some volume

Squat: 135# x 20; 225# x 10; 275# 3 x 5 < knee feeling good, think I can increase volume

Ab Wheel (from the knees): 3 x 15

Gracie DB: messed around with some quick lifts

Edited by bwwm
  • Like 1

How many gracie dumbells are out there, wasn't there only one that was named after someone's daughter?

There's 4 or 5. I have the heaviest one, which weighs around 165# or so. There's a few threads floating around about them. I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

Found a new link that I had never seen before.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=34456&hl=gracie

Weighing this thing was not easy on my scale, and I had to hold it on, so maybe that's why Aaron had 160 on his scale.

Today:

Swiss Bar OHP (wide): 125# 5 x 5

PUs: BW 5; BW + 57#: 5 x 5 < don't know if this is a PR, but very happy with the quality of the reps.

• Like 1

Today:

Swiss Bar OHP (wide): 125# 5 x 5

PUs: BW 5; BW + 57#: 5 x 5 < don't know if this is a PR, but very happy with the quality of the reps.

Always impressed with your pull-ups Martin. What's your bodyweight these days?

Jason - I'm at 270#. I was able to knock out 15 consecutive pull-ups without added weight last week. That's 5 less than my all time PR, but I was about 20 or 30 #'s lighter when I hit 20 reps. I'm finding that mixing kb rows with pull-ups is boosting my strength in that final ROM getting my chin to the bar.

Thanks Jose! I actually workout nearly every day, but I don't always find the time to record it here.

• Like 1

Today:

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 295# 4 x 3 < back in biz now that my shoulder is feeling better. Dynamic bench day on Sat got these moving again!

Back Squat: 135# x 20; 225# x 5; 275# 3 x 5 < yes, I know my bench is still better than my squat, but given how much I have improved my form to prevent sciatica & improve depth people just need to deal with it ;-)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got a chance to mess around with the Blob50 I purchased a number of months ago. It's at my parent's house. Got some nice lifts lefty, but right hand was not into it. Think I need to warm up more anyways. May have it shipped back to PHX, since I'd like to a double feat with it and my other 50# blob.

• Like 1

Got a chance to mess around with the Blob50 I purchased a number of months ago. It's at my parent's house. Got some nice lifts lefty, but right hand was not into it. Think I need to warm up more anyways. May have it shipped back to PHX, since I'd like to a double feat with it and my other 50# blob.

That is a tough blob 50 congrats on that lift!

Thanks Tom! The texture is a little slicker than my 50# blob, but it has a very similar shape. It was a very nice purchase. Thanks for selling it to me! I may try getting a lift on video.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to deal with the untimely destruction of my skivvies is to go commando on squat & DL days.

• Like 1

What are you talking about

Tired of my underwear developing tears prematurely.

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to deal with the untimely destruction of my skivvies is to go commando on squat & DL days.

It's pretty refreshing!

It's pretty refreshing!

After I had the idea, the first thought that came to mind was "I bet Jason already does this." :grin:

• Like 1

It's pretty refreshing!

After I had the idea, the first thought that came to mind was "I bet Jason already does this." :grin:

My reputation for innovation proceeds me!

• Like 1

Today:

Bench: 135# x 10; 225# x 5; 295# 3 x 4 < bench is coming back now that the shoulder ain't so sore

Back Squat: 135# x 15; 225# x 5; 275# 3 x 5 < getting closer to the point where my squat will finally overtake my bench

Today the dog licked my 50# blob clean. I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not sure if it was more disgusting for the dog or for me the next time I decide to lift it.

• Like 1

Watch he doesn't take the seasoning off of all of you grip stuff. Must be the salt. Maybe. Or he's just into freaky stuff.

• Like 1

Must have been the salt & the chalk that he liked. I would think that it would also have a strong rust taste to it as well, which I can't imagine tastes good, but maybe to a dog, it's not a bad thing.

Uhhhh yuck. Might need to sand blast it now. :)

I've never heard of anything like that.

• Like 1