Help My Wife

PeterSweden

Hey!

I'd like to ask for some advice on here for my wife.

She works with handicapped people and she has to lift patients in awkward positions and so forth.

This often hurt her weak wrists and forearms.

I'd like to get some help to design an easy program for her to do every week to get her wriststrength up so she can avoid pain.

If she keeps working without strenghtening her arms she will get injured for real, im sertain.

I thought that I'd have her do plate pinch curls and some easy sledge levering exercises.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Sledge levers and rotations, wrist curl/reverse wrist curl, wrist roller and if you have one, bicep curls with an axle 2-3x per week.

• Like 1

keep it simple - Wrist curls and reverse wrist curls, Bicep curls and reverse curls.

having her to hold a plate straight out like this is great for wrist stability. or if you have a ironmind stacker or a homemade version like myself, it will work the wrist really well. i like to do holds for roughly 1 minute before increasing the weight a little bit. http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/goldsgym/cabinet/ironmind/ir-stacker.jpg?_ex=300x300&s=2&r=1

i would say plate curls.. although their one of the best wrist developers you got to be careful not to strain your wrists.

Edited by alexjones234
  • Like 1

Im going to let her do this to begin with;

Reverse bicepcurl after doing regular bicepwork, 3 set.

Im going to go buy a very light sledge for her now.

1. She will do levers and holds with this one once per week.

2. Plate pinch curls with a 5kg. I know she can re with a 5kg cause I've seen her do it. ~3sets.

3. Wrist roller, light work, 3-4 times up and down both ways.