Article / Video: Build Stronger Arms And Wrists

Jedd Johnson

20" cold arms. At what body weight do you think you'll have to be to do this?

Not saying you cant do it bro but I have read several times that it is impossible to hit 20 inch arms natural unless you are in excess of 25% bodyfat. That means you would probably need to get back near 280 or so and once you cut up again you would lose a couple inches.

Rick, I love you like a brother, but I refuse to believe that. I have no doubt it will be tough, and I will never take any kind of unnatural supplementation, so I will just continue to train hard with this goal in mind. I am already at 18.5 inches, which is the same as when I was 280.

Chris, I am perfectly happy staying this current bodyfat percentage or lower for the rest of my life. No idea what I am at now. If that keeps me from hitting this goal fine, but I feel too good being lighter and leaner to go back any time soon.

Jon, thanks brother.

Jedd - you look better (and healthier) right now at your current size and BF % than at any time since I have known you. Don't screw it up :).

• Like 1

Thanks, Chris.

The journey to the goal is where the learning, the soul searching, comes from. Whether you ever reach 20 inch arms or not doesnt matter. Its the process along the way that makes all the difference.

I wish you nothing but the best and I know you will give er' hell.

In all my years of training, the best exercise for putting mass on the Bi's is the seated alternate dumbell curl; with the bench set at 45*degrees.

I think you can totally build 20" arms at your current bodyweight! Remember to hammer your triceps....they make up the majority of your upper arm size (obviously).

"It is the chase itself that is the true fulfillment of the dream"

• Like 1

At my biggest I hit 19" at a body weight of 240 standing 6'3" according to the BMI I was morbidly obese, I beg to differ if you watch my youtube videos from a year ago. I have long monkey arms so it was deceiving unless measured.

Jedd you are taller than me or as tall. I have no doubt you could hit 20" with the right stretching and lifts. I have faith brother.

The journey to the goal is where the learning, the soul searching, comes from. Whether you ever reach 20 inch arms or not doesnt matter. Its the process along the way that makes all the difference.

I wish you nothing but the best and I know you will give er' hell.

I know my man. Thanks brother.

In all my years of training, the best exercise for putting mass on the Bi's is the seated alternate dumbell curl; with the bench set at 45*degrees.

Thanks bro.

I think you can totally build 20" arms at your current bodyweight! Remember to hammer your triceps....they make up the majority of your upper arm size (obviously).

"It is the chase itself that is the true fulfillment of the dream"

My tricep workouts are vicious compared to my bicep workouts. Thanks Wojo.

At my biggest I hit 19" at a body weight of 240 standing 6'3" according to the BMI I was morbidly obese, I beg to differ if you watch my youtube videos from a year ago. I have long monkey arms so it was deceiving unless measured.

Jedd you are taller than me or as tall. I have no doubt you could hit 20" with the right stretching and lifts. I have faith brother.

Cool man. I even from time to time throw in some bending iso's on my thigh for the triceps brother. I am really trying to cover all the bases with my full arm training.

There was an old magazine article in muscle mag international by Robert Kennedy: gain an "inch on your arms in 2 weeks. I can't remember all the lifts... But the seated 45 degree curl was there, and taking liver tablets, like 3 times a day; they are loaded with amino's. Anyway.... It worked for me.

At 240 I was at 18.75. At 208 I am at 17.5. Goal is 185...banking on 17 or 16.5 but they will look a lot better at 185 and 2+ inches smaller then they did at a fat 240.

of course my goal is to up my gas tank to levels it has never been at so I dont do a whole lot of arm specific training.

• 6 months later...

Jedder,

Wanted to tell you that the guy I lift with from time to time is 5'11" 238 with 20" arms cold and flexed. He is lifetime drug free and 43 years old.

Never give up!

• Like 1