Top50 List Page Update

acorn

Very nice work, Aaron. Much appreciated!

• Like 1

Thanks for your time and effort in calculating these up Aaron ! Very cool of you !

All done with SQL queries against the database. Every time you look at a page with the top 50 lists or weight class lists they are all generated on the fly when loaded from the data in the database. Makes it a heck of alot easier to pull stuff like this quickly when needed by just small changes in query code. But enough about all that. Thank you!

- Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome work Aaron... well done sir!

We really appreciate all the hard work man!

• Like 1

I still think its all done with magic but "Great Job" anyway. Thank You!

• Like 2

Aaron, I appreciate all the work you're doing to improve the records. Just wanted to say thank you

• Like 1

We need a few more old farts on these lists - I'm lonely out here :).

• Like 1

Still working on this some. Someone pointed out a bug. So I need to tune the SQL query a bit more as some of the contest names and dates are not correctly associated with with an athletes best performance on a lift and may have been from other contests they competed in. Hopefully will have that cleared up soon. Most complicated damn query I've done in my 17yr IT career.

- Aaron

I think I got that issue fixed. Obviously if you see something that doesn't look right, let me know.

- Aaron

Durniat's 910 total is staggering.

Yes it is - that's close to my PL total :).

I noticed something that didn't seem to add up. The list that was posted of the highest totals of all-time has Dave Thornton at 624 lbs and I'm pretty sure he totaled near 800 at one single contest. I then checked the database and noticed he doesn't have a gripper close that comes up in the query. There might be a reason for this that I don't know about, but I thought I would bring it to your attention anyways just in case. :)

I noticed something that didn't seem to add up. The list that was posted of the highest totals of all-time has Dave Thornton at 624 lbs and I'm pretty sure he totaled near 800 at one single contest. I then checked the database and noticed he doesn't have a gripper close that comes up in the query. There might be a reason for this that I don't know about, but I thought I would bring it to your attention anyways just in case. :)

I double checked and I don't see any gripper results for him in the database. I know he has had past gripper closes but don't know if any of the contests that he would have done those in would be in the database. It is possible he just hasn't done a comp with grippers in recent years and like I said those totals are only going off what is in the database.

I double checked and I don't see any gripper results for him in the database. I know he has had past gripper closes but don't know if any of the contests that he would have done those in would be in the database. It is possible he just hasn't done a comp with grippers in recent years and like I said those totals are only going off what is in the database.

Yeah he probably hasn't done a gripper close at a contest in recent years. The only one I could find published online was from back in 2009 at the US hand strength Championship where he closed a 174. That's probably quite a bit older than the database! Thanks for investigating.

Yeah he probably hasn't done a gripper close at a contest in recent years. The only one I could find published online was from back in 2009 at the US hand strength Championship where he closed a 174. That's probably quite a bit older than the database! Thanks for investigating.

There are a few contests that have results back that far in the database that the volunteers have entered but not that particular one. I began building the database in 2012 and coverage is good from about 2010 or 2011 and on but more spotty contest wise previous to that and previous to the formation of the IGC which put forth the rules for each of the lifts, etc. If we could verify stuff was run according to those rules and precision requirements then values were included. If not or if too far back then time was not spent on it.

- Aaron

• Like 1