Saxon Dumbbell

Jared Goguen

Welded up a new toy today. I'm not sure why you don't see more Saxon Dumbbells. I'm already enjoying this and its slick as can be at the moment.

• Like 7

Made myself one of these a few years ago. Fun to train cleans and snatches. Mines 3x3. Nice work and way to think outside the box!

• Like 2

Looks amazing Jared!

Made one last year with a wooden block and a metal bar. Trained with it for a while. I'ts great that you can do stuff with it you couldn't do with most other pinch tools. Cleans, snatches, presses, rows, curls, walks whatever you want. But in the end I found it didn't carryover well to other pinch feats like plate pinches etc. because it's too easy to tilt.post-22763-0-22540200-1442219838_thumb.p

Looks amazing Jared!

Made one last year with a wooden block and a metal bar. Trained with it for a while. I'ts great that you can do stuff with it you couldn't do with most other pinch tools. Cleans, snatches, presses, rows, curls, walks whatever you want. But in the end I found it didn't carryover well to other pinch feats like plate pinches etc. because it's too easy to tilt.attachicon.gifSaxondumbbell.png

Yours looks really good.

I was wondering if it would have carry over, only one way to find out for myself and that's to make one and use it you know.

I've made a couple and love them, yours looks well done

• Like 1

Welded up a new toy today. I'm not sure why you don't see more Saxon Dumbbells. I'm already enjoying this and its slick as can be at the moment.

Jared, nice work as usual! Cool to see what projects you have going on in the shop.

• Like 1

I messed around some with it today, already getting rust spots on it.

A basement gym in the PNW means every seasons like it or not.

• Like 2

That is a beautiful piece of gear Jared. Nicely done!

Thanks!

• Like 1