Double 5 X 5kg (11lb) 2 Finger Plate Pinch Farmers Walk

monstagripp

Elite pinching from both of you. Have you done or tried 6 5kg yet? That is the most I've heard of people doing for the wide pinch. I've seen timo lauttamus doing 6 5kg plates with 2 fingers both hands from years ago and he seems stronger now so I think he could replicate this.

Good stuff though man.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Great job!

Time to get a pair of Euro discs from David Horne I think so you can both get your names on top10 lists. David organises several grip competitions every year. How much does your training partner weigh?

• Like 1

Great job!

Time to get a pair of Euro discs from David Horne I think so you can both get your names on top10 lists. David organises several grip competitions every year. How much does your training partner weigh?

i bet you guys could pull off high 90s, maybe even 100s on a euro 1hp... probably 220+ once you figure out the 2hp technique

Elite pinching from both of you. Have you done or tried 6 5kg yet? That is the most I've heard of people doing for the wide pinch. I've seen timo lauttamus doing 6 5kg plates with 2 fingers both hands from years ago and he seems stronger now so I think he could replicate this.

Good stuff though man.

Thanks Stephen, I have done a double 6 x 5kg with the pins through both of them, But not loose (I have tried it a few times but no luck yet.) Timo would do this with no problems at all, I think he could do this with 1 finger. He is very strong, I like his videos :)

Great job!

Thanks Mikael,

He only sells the outer discs now and not the whole kit, Not sure why. I will hopefully go to his competition in the summer. My training partner weights 87.3kg (with clothes on) I think, and I was 83.5kg (with just shorts on)

How are you doing with grippers?

I don't do much grippers at all, I have soft skin and the knurling is quite sharp on the COC grippers, I have only done up to 2.5 tns and no3 on a choker, I am terrible at setting grippers.

Great job!

i bet you guys could pull off high 90s, maybe even 100s on a euro 1hp... probably 220+ once you figure out the 2hp technique

I have not really checked my max pinch, I pinched around 45kg on 70mm plates over a year ago and have gotten a little stronger since then. I will have to check it soon.

Very strong pinching Parvez and J! The way you guys were manhandling those plates, I wondered for a second if they might be made of balsa wood or styrofoam until you weighed them and removed all doubt, lol. :)

When I did some training using 6 plates w/ the pipe through the middle several years ago, I was able to work up to adding an additional five pounds. However, I didn't do any more than barely break the plates off the ground when i tried pinching 6x10 lbs. loose without a pipe or extra weight (kept cutting my thumb on the plates as well). I'm thinking you will accomplish 6x5 kg very soon.

• Like 1

Very strong pinching Parvez and J! The way you guys were manhandling those plates, I wondered for a second if they might be made of balsa wood or styrofoam until you weighed them and removed all doubt, lol. :)

When I did some training using 6 plates w/ the pipe through the middle several years ago, I was able to work up to adding an additional five pounds. However, I didn't do any more than barely break the plates off the ground when i tried pinching 6x10 lbs. loose without a pipe or extra weight (kept cutting my thumb on the plates as well). I'm thinking you will accomplish 6x5 kg very soon.

Thank you for your kind words Bob,

For some reason I totally forgot to even try the 6 x 5kg plates with weight added last night (Tuesday pinch day, Saturday fat bar), I will try as you said next time and hopefully get them loose one day.