Inch Dumbbell + Blob Curl

Jedd Johnson

I have been trying this for several months, but it's never quite happened. Last night was by far the best effort I've gotten, although as I explain in the video, I ended up bracing the Inch against my thigh inadvertently.

• Like 9

Awesome, bro! Just awesome!!

Wow that's insane Jed!! Great work bro. How much is that blob weighing? Regardless I'm sure that's insanely hard and you made it look easy.

Impressive work as always Jedd! I think the paucity of responses is due to shock; people just don't know what to say! The bracing was inadvertent and took little or nothing away from this world-class lift IMO-pretty tough to think about levering/raising it away from your body while you are also thinking about a curl with the other hand, the Inch is going to go where it goes sometimes.

Do those blob curls cause any bicep/brach pain for you? My RH distal bicep tendon is achy since doing some cheat blob curl attempts a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

The least you could do is make look hard - a totally world class feat of strength and it almost looked casual WTH?

You never stop improving, Jedd!

Very sick feat of strength. Great job Jedd!

Jedd, I missed this post at first.....I watched it this morning and was blown away man!

It's amazing how you continue time after time to do more and more incredible feats. I could care less that the Inch has some inadvertent contact with your leg. In my opinion (and probably everyone else's) this is a solid, legit world class feat....period.

Great job brother!

What a feat, good job...inch brushing leg, hell no worries on that :sorcerer: Doing one, but both at the same time. Like that you keep doing feats and bring it brother. Stay strong as always :rock

First off, SICK feat brother! Total domination of BOTH implements.

As i said on Youtube, unintentional contact of the bell with the leg (which, it obviously is) takes nothing from this feat since it doesnt appear to offer much brace anyways. You smoked it. I do, however, commend the strict judging on your own lift! That I find to be as badass as the feat itself. And in seeing that, i can no longer offer titty twists to you for judging MY lifts in a strict fashion... Lol!

And lastly, why does this only have 3 friggin replies?? Jedder just performed some top shelf shit and i can almost hear crickets cherping.

Wth.

This is often how it is with most of my videos, bro. Not sure why, if I pissed someone off, or what. But I appreciate your support brother.

Awesome, bro! Just awesome!!

Thanks Burky

Wow, that's killer.

I appreciate it Jared.

Very strong coach!

One session at a time my man. Once you get healed up, feats are gonna be falling to your might left and right bro.

Very strong Jedd!

Thank you Kashtan!

Wow that's insane Jed!! Great work bro. How much is that blob weighing? Regardless I'm sure that's insanely hard and you made it look easy.

Thanks my man. That Blob is a Next Gen and is right around 50lbs. One of the easier ones for sure.

Impressive work as always Jedd! I think the paucity of responses is due to shock; people just don't know what to say! The bracing was inadvertent and took little or nothing away from this world-class lift IMO-pretty tough to think about levering/raising it away from your body while you are also thinking about a curl with the other hand, the Inch is going to go where it goes sometimes.

Do those blob curls cause any bicep/brach pain for you? My RH distal bicep tendon is achy since doing some cheat blob curl attempts a few weeks ago.

Thanks Bob. Maybe that is indeed it.

As far as pain - nothing in the biceps for me anywhere. I do sometimes feel it toward the end of the forearm, near the wrist, where the belly of the muscle is gone and it's pretty much all tendon.

I tried replicating this feat last night and the Inch struck me again, so I just dropped the Blob. I did get a nice curl righty but only half reps lefty, but nothing while holding the Inch.

The least you could do is make look hard - a totally world class feat of strength and it almost looked casual WTH?

The Inch is getting easier and easier every day. The Blob curl is getting easier by the quarter though. I tried it early, prior to other pre-exhastions, so it came right up. That makes a big difference. Thanks Chris.

You never stop improving, Jedd!

Thanks Eric. That's what it's all about. Now, if I could just hold the Silver Bullet for 3 more seconds on a routine basis and get the #3 re-cert out of the way, I will be a happy camper for a couple days.

Very sick feat of strength. Great job Jedd!

Thanks Chez.

Jedd, I missed this post at first.....I watched it this morning and was blown away man!

It's amazing how you continue time after time to do more and more incredible feats. I could care less that the Inch has some inadvertent contact with your leg. In my opinion (and probably everyone else's) this is a solid, legit world class feat....period.

Great job brother!

Thanks Frank. I gotta credit Juha Harju for being like another training partner. His light-hearted attitude and desire to push the envelope is very motivating.

What a feat, good job...inch brushing leg, hell no worries on that :sorcerer: Doing one, but both at the same time. Like that you keep doing feats and bring it brother. Stay strong as always :rock

Thanks a lot, Big T. Wishing you the best in your training as well.

• Like 1

This is often how it is with most of my videos, bro. Not sure why, if I pissed someone off, or what. But I appreciate your support brother.

Jedder,

You are the nicest guy I know in the strength world. You never get involved in the back and fourth, you stay focused on your goals, and you treat everyone fairly. I highly doubt you pissed anyone off brother, unless just your ability to do things that were once thought to be impossible and to make them looks easy brings out some haters. But you need haters!

Personally I think that people have come to expect amazing things out of you so when it happens, most of us are just like, "Huh, there goes Jedd again, bumping up the bar again and putting it out of reach for anyone except the Grip Gods."

It's like me. I am finally back to deadlifting after a 2 year layoff. My 5th workout I smoked an easy 548 with no belt. I think I am good for 600+ already and I have only done 5 pulling workouts. The video didn't get much of a look because people have come to expect me to handle that weight with ease. It is what it is. What matters is the JOURNEY you are on brother. Be motivated from within, from the searching and finding of yourself, from the learning and teaching. When we seek approval of those on the outside looking in, we tarnish the moment. Yes, it feels good to be the king, but ultimately 99% of the people who sing your praises about a grip feat aren't going to shed a tear the day you take the permanent nap. Explore your boundaries for YOU brother. Share them with the rest of us, but to hell with what someone has to say. Long after you are gone people will remember the things Jedd Johnson did.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Checking out some older Videos. This one is GREAT!

Thanks buddy.

I feel I'm closing in on a lifetime feat that you and I have discussed before.  At least I think it was you.

Hopefully, when I get it, there is a bit of fanfare, but if not, that's OK too.

Wish you the best.

Jedd

• 4 weeks later...