Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Didn't really take the time the last days to fill out my last training sessions, but here goes:

21-11

just a status quo.

No warm up, just wanted to see how my hands would react to sudden engagement.

Tried 4 CCS singles with my #3 right hand, all almost closed...turned into negatives...

left hand 4 attempts MM #3, turned into negatives...

Doing more then two heavy trainingsessions in one week really takes away my closing power, but with

the strength I have in my hands, I really try and focus on explosive all out singles.

That's that.

22-11

Gripsession with benchpress in between.

Warm up with #1 singles x 5 both hands;

Set 1:

R 1 x #3.5 MM set turned into negative;

L 1 x #3 MM set turned into negative;

Set 2:

R 1 x Vulcan Level 12 gold spring, left hand assists in close from parallel then keep it closed with straphold 1kg, 8 secs;

L 1 X the same, level 11, few secs;

Then both sets repeated, strapholds lose strength quickly;

Holds L and R with my SW, App. 14 kg's. 10 sec's, when opening, forced closed;

Leverage work with my heavy big old wooden hammer.

End session.

BTW, Finally been to a sports doctor today in the hospital. He looked at my arminjury and suspects there maybe has been a very small

tear in my right bicep tendon. But since there are a lot of muscles working in that area, he suggested making photos and an echo of my arm.

So that's on schedule for next week. I'm very curious what the diagnosis will be on that subject. Luckily It's not effecting my griptraining.

Hope all goes well. Hope you don't have a tear and just take your time easing back, no rush. Congrats on your CCS#3 singles that were near closed :mosher your getting closer. Like the strapholds with the Vulcanl...I gotta get one, one of these days :yikes

Thnx guys. I hope that there will be no surgery involved or something...but let's see, i just want my arm to heal up,

so I'll do what I will have to do. :)

About the Vulcan, any adjustable gripper is in my opinion a very good supplement for the collection, the variety in resistance

is hugh! Saves a lot of money and I think they're all good in their own way. I altered mine like I read on the net so that it can

be choked to parallel easily. Keeps the choker of my COC's so the handles stay as new. I can keep them for my MM sets and the adjustable

for parallel sets so that I can train my strapholds without losing to much strength on setting the gripper. Sometimes I have trouble enough

in getting that freakin' thin strap between the handles. Nothing more irritating that getting the gripper closed only to discover that the

strap wasn't between the handles so it plummets to the ground instantly. Good energy gone to waste for that attempt :angry: that's history when the handles are allready choked so you have one hand free for that.

'..the variety in resistance is hugh!..'

'Hugh?' I meant 'Huge' :laugh Where's the editor when you need it

Thanks for sharing the article. Makes me rethink my training a bit.

You'll feel great after a week off. I have a week off due coming up and look forward to the gains of fresh arms.

No problemo guys. And how are you doing Joefrey with your MM2? Been training your CC close on the #3?

The last one you send me was solid! :mosher

I'am working on the details of the "video making". I don't want to make the same mistake next time.

Have a nice WE !

Ah well, you went out of frame for a glimpse, but you know you can close it and that's what counts.

Cheers!

Short session yesterday evening.

I´m very VERY happy that I´m going to get to the hospital thursday for photos because my arminjury is starting to kill

my training intensity! :angry:

Xcuse me, hit the add reply button to fast, wanted to write that I did three CCS #3 attemps yesterday, all missed, first by fear the greatest gap,

last two almost closed. Left is getting along nicely with the #3 MMS.

I´m putting the choker on my #3 for parallel closes, my goal is now to close it at least once every session with a very light straphold.

And of course the #3.5 for negatives.

This is getting personal now :rolleyes

Xcuse me, hit the add reply button to fast, wanted to write that I did three CCS #3 attemps yesterday, all missed, first by fear the greatest gap,

last two almost closed. Left is getting along nicely with the #3 MMS.

I´m putting the choker on my #3 for parallel closes, my goal is now to close it at least once every session with a very light straphold.

And of course the #3.5 for negatives.

This is getting personal now :rolleyes

Nice plan, you'll get the #3 CCS one of these days :cool

Yesterday I trained with a buddy of mine. I introduced him to griptraining and he likes it very much. He can close the COC#1

and forced closed, he can keep my #2 also closed, so I guess he'll be cut out for grippers. He wants to train with me for a couple of times

I still did squats and bench combined with griptraining.

Grip:

Singles with #3.5 MMS turned into negatives;

Parallel choked #3, managed 1 good straphold with it, only 0.5 kgs, but still. Other attempts turned into negatives.

Btw Armjury is probably a 'pulled elbow' or has been one, I'm getting an MRI to now for sure. Light surgery could fix the problem in that

case. Doctor didn't advise me to stop training, just don't train through the pain. But that sounds logical to me.

Today actually nice workout, felt a bit tired from the days usual things, but my energy level went up very nicely during workout.

Bench today combined with griptraining.

Sets with bench, up to 100 kgs. Trying to build up some endurance and explosive pushing power.

Between that, singles for grip.

Warm up as usual, after that righty strapholds with #3(0.5kg) and #3.5 MMS turned into negatives. Managed two good strapholds for 2-3 secs.

Left two attempts at choked #3,I can get it now halfway past parallel in the choker, so I'm getting nearer

for my left MMS! My hands are getting more and more equal in strength.

Vulcan level 13 left hand MMS closed, felt quite easy! Some higher level MMS attempts on Vulcan right hand, but my hand was to

much wasted from the heavy negatives.

Thnx Joefrey!

Yesterday evening anothter workout, have been training in the policestation nearby my work.

The´ve got a great fitnessspace which is open 24/7. Mostly i´m alone there with two huge TV screens for myself!

Basically the same session as before, left arm is getting a bit sore, so time for a few days holding back.

Today actually nice workout, felt a bit tired from the days usual things, but my energy level went up very nicely during workout.

Sets with bench, up to 100 kgs. Trying to build up some endurance and explosive pushing power.

Warm up as usual, after that righty strapholds with #3(0.5kg) and #3.5 MMS turned into negatives. Managed two good strapholds for 2-3 secs.

Left two attempts at choked #3,I can get it now halfway past parallel in the choker, so I'm getting nearer

Vulcan level 13 left hand MMS closed, felt quite easy! Some higher level MMS attempts on Vulcan right hand, but my hand was to

Congrats on the Vulcan level 13 close and your strapholds with your #3. Great stuff here

Congrats on the Vulcan level 13 close and your strapholds with your #3. Great stuff here

Thank you T, stupid thing is that I can't be satisfied with my achievements since I still see people reppin'that #3 like

it's a foam stressball :mosher However I see those guys as a huge motivation and comments like yours are always very nice to read and also very motivating. It sure helps staying focused on the target. :rock

Today grip and bench. Last training on the 9th this month because my left-arm was getting a bit sore.

Decided not to do a status check CCS yesterday, I was tempted though. Not good, I know, but I knew my strength wasn't peaking at that moment.

So no room for no-closes and negative thoughts.

Decided to choke my #3.5 today, because I still feel that the CCS completely stops the last final bit for me. I don't think the set is the problem.

So it was pretty much crushing my eyeballs out of their sockets for three times, when the close stops, I turn them into negatives.

I feel that if I do enough with the choked #3.5 the final part of the #3 should feel more easy

so why not try that. I did those together with MM sets with my vulcan, level 15. No closes because of the heavy choked attempts.

I think this is a nice alternative for strapholds.

This week I'll do some heavy workouts again with this set up. So that will be three or four work-outs. After that maybe I'll take complete rest from training

untill christmas till I feel my strength's fully up. Since I closed my #3 a several times in august deep set, I feel my sweep has gotten stronger but since then I never got the handles to touch in my CCS attempts. I guess I need an awfull long recovery time for my hands, at least one week.

Edited by Geralt

Yesterday evening I had the same workout as the 13th.

I also did some squatwork, up to 110 kg's, not to heavy but yesterday everything felt heavy. Guess I was to tired from

work. That can happen of course. As for grippers, see the 13th, didn't even manage to close level 13 left hand with the Vulcan.

No good training moment. Maybe I'll look into 'Bio Feedback' principles. And incorporote some lighter work with more reps in the

gripwork.

Monday 20 december I had the results of my MRI in the hospital, and the pictures show nada, nothing!

This is very frustrating for me because I hoped that there could be a diagnosis made. Lately I also feel

more regression than progressing with my griptraining. In other words, I'm going to stop all of my weighttraining

for now. It took me a long time to make this decision because the last two years I've been working hard to closing the

#3 which I did in august this year. From there on I wanted to close the thing CCS and I almost did. All this time I had troubles

with my rightarm. There's something in the bicep/elbow/underarm that´s not right. My goal in training is to get stronger and not

to get weaker so that I feel pain when I´m lifting my children from the ground. I will completely stop training and focus on getting

the injury gone first. Maybe I´ll do some running and abs but that´s it, not griptraining anymore. This injury is getting into my head and that´s not good.

I WILL start my training and griptraining again but for now, I´ll take at least two months off from any form of weighttraining. I know

this is the best thing I can do for myself right now.

Thanks guys for reading this traininglog, it will be continued!

Rest is a good choice at this point even if frustrating. Take your time to completely heal. When you'll come back to training, you'll get results in no time.

Have nice winter holidays my friend and keep in touch !

Rest is a good choice at this point even if frustrating. Take your time to completely heal. When you'll come back to training, you'll get results in no time.

Have nice winter holidays my friend and keep in touch !

Thank you Joefrey, I'll certainly do that! And indeed, I'm a bit frustrated indeed but I know it's the best...All the best with your further training and achievements! You're on the roll! And enjoy the holidays with your family in good health.

I'm sorry to hear they didn't find anything. I know that's worse than finding something. I've enjoyed reading your log. I expect to see you back at it in time. The rest will do you much good. When it's healed right you'll be stronger than ever.