Stronger Grip Loadable Blob

vickg

I have the bare steel one and think its awesome. I used it for most of my block weight training to eventually lift a real 50 lb blob. You can load it with shot or just add weight plates on the loading pin. The bare steel one is harder than a blob at the same weight. You can't tilt it with weight plates like a real blob which makes it even harder.

Do you need to be careful you don't hyper extend or injure your thumb? Especially with smallish hands?

you always have to be careful with wide pinch training but no more than training with a real block weight at the same width.

• Like 1

I have a full set of blocks from 25lbs to a Fatman and I still use the snot out of my Stronger Grip Blob. It's a fantastic peice but get the unpainted one I later wire brushed the paint off mine.

I got one at NCGC and I haven't trained extensively with it, but it is a pretty cool device. It forces you to do a more orthodox lift when you use the loading pin because you can't tilt it and the bare steel finish is a slicker than a blob.

• 8 months later...

Im trying to get ahold of stronger grip for the past week to get my hands on a loadable blob so far no luck hope i hear back from someone there soon

16 minutes ago, Don Smitley said:

Im trying to get ahold of stronger grip for the past week to get my hands on a loadable blob so far no luck hope i hear back from someone there soon

You should read this thread first.

Thanks for the thread you know of any other loadable blobs or anything like this? I really dont want to wait 6 months or more to get one 

2 minutes ago, Don Smitley said:

Cant find one on there or anywhere else for that matter

FBBC is currently working on one. It is in development right now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Don Smitley said:

you were living in ct before?

Yeah, we had a house in Coventry near the lake

• 2 years later...

I need to get one of these as well.  Loadable would be great.  I do feel like the surface is going to be hard to replicate.  Willing to give it a try though