Race To The Bastard

KRC

Hey Andrew,

I would say a month to two months for a full bend under 5 minutes.

Best bends to date are 6" 1/4 stainless square and a 6.5" 19/64 DR. Got about 30 degrees of wobble last night on an N-bar after a long session, ~110 degrees on a 5.5" stainless square, and ~15 degrees on a bastard and red

PS this is Kevin Collen

This was my square cert from the other day, very easy bend but Andrew suggested that I cert some of these squares to practice making certification videos. This felt around the 360lb mark

• Like 4

OK, I'm in. I will race you guys in IM pads to whatever wraps you choose. I only bend in IM pads and have never tried others, so I do not want to change now. I may be a little ahead though. Second session back after a long lay-off the other night I bent one to about 108 degrees. Maybe this race will keep my motivation up. I am going to do a lighter bending session this weekend and then go heavier next one after that. Good luck.

• Like 3

Andrew suggested that I cert some of these squares to practice making certification videos

That's exactly what I just did, and it feels good to get some certs checked off en route to the bastard, and definitely helps with making videos. Despite bending the 7" bar relatively easily, I failed my cert attempt at that length because of not paying attention to the rules.

• Like 1

Being aware of when you started the bend is a must and to keep checking how much time you have left. I got some decent feedback aswell about how to make better videos, was good to start certing things. I will soon have irongrip bars from Russia 120,130,135,140 and 145 bars which will take me through certing 350-430lbs and that should be good practice.

Nice man, I gotta buy some of those IG bars. How long did it take them to get to you? Yeah I alawys place my camera on top of the microwave which I set the timer on to 5:00.

It is some of the best steel you will ever bend, the ends are ground down to perfection. lol sounds like im advertising them.

Usually takes between 1 and 2 weeks, ive ordered from IG 3 or 4 times now I think.

• Like 1

After already having spent over $200 in the last week on bending materials, you have to go and tell me that IG has great bars and fast shipping :laugh:laugh:rock

Placing an order as we speak.

• Like 1

Hey Andrew,

I would say a month to two months for a full bend under 5 minutes.

Best bends to date are 6" 1/4 stainless square and a 6.5" 19/64 DR. Got about 30 degrees of wobble last night on an N-bar after a long session, ~110 degrees on a 5.5" stainless square, and ~15 degrees on a bastard and red

PS this is Kevin Collen

Thanks man I can't alway's keep the screen names and real names straight.

alright I'm in on this...does FBBC allow doubles for certs? I'm going to stick to training with IMP's but was just curious

alright I'm in on this...does FBBC allow doubles for certs? I'm going to stick to training with IMP's but was just curious

Yep you can use doubles as long as it's not anything too crazy. if you have a 5 foot long wrap for example.

http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/RulesPage.html

Yep you can use doubles as long as it's not anything too crazy. if you have a 5 foot long wrap for example.

http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/RulesPage.html

ok thanks

Once the store is open back up I'll have to reload on some stock...I only have a few pieces left, most of it from 2006ish

I'm taking my brother out for a weekend of paintball for his batchlor party. Once I get out of the city I should be in a dead zone all weekend. :D

• Like 1

Anyone want to race to a Shiny Bastard?

Yes. Single IM pads only?

Gotta get my hands back use to this hard stuff. Mental block for the pain can only take you so far when you've been away and your hands have gotten pussified again. May take a few weeks. Good luck brother.

• Like 1

I wanted to know what my baseline was so I did a workout today...I bent a 1/4 x 7 Square FBBC (I'm going to send this in for a cert attempt as wash suggested to JoshW)..I then performed a status check on a Bastard...I didn't get really any movement in IMP's and then put a kink in it with doubles....After this I bent 5/16 x 7 CRS and a 5/16 x 7 HRS...then did three more bends with what could have been the HRS or CRS (the elastic bands broke and they all mixed together in my bag...after this workout I realized I have some technique flaws..on the kink when it is heavy I chicken wing and try to rely on my chest...my very last bend was a piece of 5/16 that would not move...so I kind of rolled my shoulders and tried to touch my elbows together...once I did this it just melted...so we'll see how this serves me in my next workouts...the videos are uploading now

To recap:

• 2 bends of 1/4 x 7 Square FBBC
  • 1 status check on a Bastard
  • 1 bend of 5/16 x 7 CRS
  • 1 bend of 5/16 x 7 HRS
  • 3 bends of 5/16 x 7 CRS/HRS
  • Like 1

this is the 5/16 x 7 in CRS...it is definitely harder than the 1/4 x 7 in square but easier than a bastard

• Like 3