Tnsing A 3.5 Vs. Mmsing 4

jvance

Here's a question: Which feat is harder; closing a 180#+ coc3.5 with a no set or a mash monster set of a 200#+ coc4??

although this question is obviously aimed at the 3.5 and 4 closers - i am hoping that everyone can weigh in on this because i obviously wouldn't know :)

however, without having done either, i would lean toward a 180# tns

- i am hoping that everyone can weigh in on this because i obviously wouldn't know :)

...yet. ;)

• Like 1

I can't do either so I can't speak from experience but I have seen some top guys like Gabriel Sum and Teemul TNS a #3.5 and they weren't able to MMS a #4 (They were close). I don't know the ratings of the grippers though.

Maybe I'm biased toward a tns because it basically makes the gripper look like a play toy... Taking nothing away from big time mms closes of course

• Like 1

Both have been done...just work there dude and make your own mind up! :D

...and would love to see your TNS Jvance even your CCS!?

Just saw your strain on the 163 Elite...it was touch and go but I think you just had it! :)

Edited by Autolupus

I can't do either so I can't speak from experience but I have seen some top guys like Gabriel Sum and Teemul TNS a #3.5 and they weren't able to MMS a #4 (They were close). I don't know the ratings of the grippers though.

TN freaking S a 3,5 is super human!!!!!! I'd kill to have that strength!!!!!!!!

I wish Gabriel Sum would make a come back. That guy was truly a monster!

• Like 1

I wish Gabriel Sum would make a come back. That guy was truly a monster!

I totally agree! I wish I knew people like him in real life!

well i believe that magnus samuelsson in his hey day could've done both as well, but i think its on the same page because you can use momentum some for a tns to help a close, but a mms of a #4 you start the close at the 210# of the gripper where it is a progressive changhe to 180 eventually with a little momentum, but a greater range of motion. I think its close.