Inch Dumbbell + 50lb Blob Curl

Jedd Johnson

Inch + Blob Curl - Good Lift?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Lift Good?

Rules for the Lift:

1. Inch must be scaled on video and weigh at least 170-lbs. In the case of stamped DB's only the weight stamp needs to be shown.
2. Chalk ONLY may be used. No other grip aids.
3. The Inch must be lifted as level as possible with only minor deviations from level, and must be level at the top of the lift.
4. Lifter must reach a point where the knees, hips and off-hand shoulder lock out in alignment with one another.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuIb6auAtGw#t=456
5. Inch Dumbbell does NOT have to be controlled to the floor.
6. The following techniques may be used: straddle position, grip neutral; straddle position, grip overhand; suitcase position.

7. Blob must be curled while Inch Dumbbell is in "Lockout" position.

Juha although it is an absolutely crazy hard feat I failed it because the "RULES" state the blob must be curled only after the inch has made it to lockout position which in your video it is still moving up when you begin curling the blob.

Juha although it is an absolutely crazy hard feat I failed it because the "RULES" state the blob must be curled only after the inch has made it to lockout position which in your video it is still moving up when you begin curling the blob.

I agree.

Exactly why I failed it as well. The curl was started before the Inch was locked out.

If the "inch" is weighed, and the video cuts away, it kinda takes away the reason it was weighed. Not that there was any shenanigans... Just to make it strict.

If the "inch" is weighed, and the video cuts away, it kinda takes away the reason it was weighed. Not that there was any shenanigans... Just to make it strict.

C'mon. It's Juha. I think incidental frame loss is up to judges discretion. If it's someone well known to us, personally I'm inclined to give the benefit of doubt.

• Like 1

I agree with mike as Juha lifts the inch without difficulty...so the curl is going to be the hardest part of the feat!

C'mon. It's Juha. I think incidental frame loss is up to judges discretion. If it's someone well known to us, personally I'm inclined to give the benefit of doubt.

Did I not write "not there was any shenanigans?"

No one should be above the rules...or your system will fail. Now, if you put in the rules that Juha is exempt, then okay.

No one should be above the rules...or your system will fail. Now, if you put in the rules that Juha is exempt, then okay.

We aren't robots. There's such a thing as common sense. I trust we all know Juha well. I know he owns an Inch. I've seen him weigh it and lift it 100 times. If Joe Grip shows up one day with no history in the sport, and not a single post here and lifts the Inch, then yeah I am going to be more skeptical and want that thing in view the whole time.

When Mike Burke posts a 700# DL with the right number of plates on the bar, I don't need to see him weigh the dimes. I can reasonably assume that its 700#.

At least for the Mash Monster rules, incidental frame loss is up to the judges discretion.

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 1

Thanks for answers.

When I did this feat rules wasn´t written yet.

Well, this was not "test video" and actually I have job and girlfriend.

-Juha

• Like 4

Girlfriend? you better put a ring on that finger girls like that are hard to find!

• Like 1

Girlfriend? you better put a ring on that finger girls like that are hard to find!

Well said, thanks Parris. I'm lucky dude.

What's up with this "contributer-thing"?

This video was submitted prior to the Contributor Payment Rule.

As all know me and Jedd compete between us with these "super feats". It gives to both us very much more motivation to train and become stronger. We both have got much support from people to continue same way and this will happen. :) I have also noticed that other gripsters has started to activate and put their feats to voting. It´s great thing!

Bicep curl with blob50 is in my opinion sick hard feat and with extraweight (Luke) insane! When Jedd published his 1st video where he lifts INCH & Blob50 curl I was very impressed! Damn, I knew that this man was doing something sick behind my back! :shutup: I myself wasn´t able to do even bicep curl with blob50. I motivated like mad dog from that video and went to gym. Damn, after warming up I did my 1st blob50 curl and after that I succeed also at INCH & Blob50 curl. It wasn´t still perfect but as soon as my obliquus internus abdominis is healed I´ll do it following written rules.

I think it´s important that people do things and shows those to world too. Also exact rules are important and that we follow those. I´m also hard to criticize if something doesn´t go as it should and good that other are too. :grin:

Stay healthy and train hard, peace! :rock

-Juha

• Like 6

Another well said post.

Guys, I'm closing this post so that we can all get a better handle on the rules for it. Juha and I can submit better videos down the line once the rules are all sorted out.