Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Very nice, Steve.

You're making your way.

Excellent work.

Rolling Thunder

L/H to 103.75 kilos (by accident - didn't check the diary properly) x 3 x 1 rep

R/H to 112.5 kilos x 1 x 3 reps (I was 'on' and ready to rock and roll). So...

I also did 1 x 115 kilos and 1 x 120 kilos (271 lbs total!).

Those FB rollers are pretty slick arent they? I find when I first start its really slick. After a little sweat and skin gets on the surface I can really get going on it. Much harder than the IM roller. Nice job on the workouts :rock

A bit of a hang over this morning from drinking last night but....

Thick handled dumbbell

58.75 k a side x 3 x 1

Rolling Thunder

to L/H 105 kilos x 1 (plus 2 failed attempts)

to R/H 113.75 kios x 3 x 1 (much better :D ) (eq to 257 lbs)

Wrist Roller

20 kilos x 3 x 1

45 kilos x 3 x 1 (it never gets any easier and I know I say that every week but...)

30 kilos x 3 x 1

Rolling Thunder

to 105 kilos x 3 x 1 L/H (need to bring my 1/2 kilos discs)

to 115 kilos x 3 x 1 R/H (tried 121.25 kilos x 2 attempts)

On an old handle, on an old handle. If they transfer over, even at 20-30 lbs less I'll be happy. With about 2 or more weeks to go to the competition I think I can add some more weight. I'm on target for a 300 lbs lift on my old handle on the day of the comp which, I hope, will be enough to get a new WR on a new handle.

Thick handled dumbbell

No work today - no chalk

Rolling Thunder

to 105.5 kilos x 2 x 1 (third attempt failed - no chalk) L/H

to 115.5 kilos x 2 x 1 (third attempt failed - no chalk) R/H

3" FBBBC Wrist Roller

20 kilos x 3 x 1 rep

45.5 kilos x 3 x 1 rep (easier today probaby as a result of no T.H.D.B. work)

30 kilos x 3 x 1 rep

Other training and...

Rolling Thunder

L/H to 105.5 x 2 x 1 (plus 1 further attempt)

R/H to 115.5 x 3 x 1 (also tried 122.5 x 1 attempt).

• 4 weeks later...

Funnily enough my forearms aren't that big. I mean 15" is ok but I'm 6 feet 3 inches tall and weigh in at 252-258 (depending). On a shorter guy they'd be good. You'll have noted from my diary that while I have gotten a pump I do keep the reps low for development of power rather than muscle.

Just recently, with a nagging back injury still giving me problems, I've taken to doing lighter weights and higher reps on my normal training but the grippers/wrist roller and nail bending is all 3-4 reps max x 3-4 sets max.

As an example my Saturday training session - shoulders and arms is as follows:

I pre-exhaust with dumbbell side laterals, followed by my usual seated press, then hammer curls and finally forward leaning tricep pressdown preexhausting my usual close grip bench press.

Grip day

Wrist roller

20 kilos x 1 x 3 reps, 48 kilos x 3 x 1 reps (total of 112lbs) and 31.5 kilos x 3 x 1 reps

Grippers

assorted to HG300 Left and CoC 3 right. F/arms pumped after W/R work.

Impressive No set !

Slowly and no set...then slowly noset and two more quick clicks...sure that

wasn't a #2 :yikes:yikes:bow:bow

Ahh the first one was an almost but no cigar - it looked like I had. The second and third were the real deal. I have to say it's damn hard holding the camera with one hand and shutting it with the other, but it came out ok. I should have done a rep with my left as well.

Hey on your wrist roller work do you go both directions, flexion and pronation or just one?

No - sorry. Go straight to the www.londonkettlebells.com site and click on galleries and see if that helps.

It's a little under a CoC 3 and so is relatively easy for me. I can do it with either hand and am close to getting a CoC 3 left handed (I can do with by touching the spring).

On my training for the HG500 I can, as per above, by holding the spring with my left hand and really going for it get the thing down to about 1/2 an inch. Same with the CoC 4. Other than my 3" thick fat bastard wrist roller (once a week) and gripper work (2-3 times a week) I'm doing no other work until the new year.

• 2 weeks later...

My benders bag finally arrived!

Well enough of my bitchin' Dispatched Nov 5th and arrived today. Yee haa. It's back to bending real steel instead of the 6 inch nails I've been keeping my hands in with.

Steve,

guess you ordered the advanced bag.

What do you think of the 1/4" square stock?

Err I don't know that I did? So I'm not sure. I did ask for a bunch of some of the stock to be replaced so I could get my hand back in - so to speak. What does the stock you refer to measure? I mean I know it's 1/4" thick but how long?

I ordered some stock from John between the Blue and the Red.

I got 1/4" round stock of different length, G5s, G8s and

7" x 1/4" square

and

6.5" x 1/4" square

That stuff loos nasty. Thought you might have tried it.

My benders bag finally arrived!

Well enough of my bitchin' Dispatched Nov 5th and arrived today. Yee haa. It's back to bending real steel instead of the 6 inch nails I've been keeping my hands in with.

About freaking time! I hate the USPS with a burning passion. No other business on earth could stay open with such poor service. Have fun with it, you certainly waited long enough, Steve.