Iron Grip Triathlon Cert Attempt

David_wigren

I said that I would wait until the weekend, didn't work so well, had to bend some of the steel today. Turns out I underestimated my DO and DU and overestimated my reverse strength. I though the DO bar was going to be doable, but with some struggle. It went down like buttah :devil ! I was worried that I would possibly fail the DU bend, but it was solid, I'm confident that I have a few more kg's left in my DU. The reverse, I thought, would be a walk in the park. As it turned out, it was a near limit bend and I'm not 100% sure it will pass. It was hard measuring it on such a small protractor. I thought it looked like it was above 40 deg, but I'm obviously partial so I'll leave that to the judges.

I want to apologize for filming this like an idiot. I don't have my old trusty camera anymore, had to film this with my phone. Which is partly why I wanted to wait to the weekend was so that I could do the bends in the gym and have someone else film me. I noticed that it's not very good when I film it myself. Each time I pick up the phone, the video shakes pretty violently, and I suppose that one could judge that to be a "broken line of sight" and fail the bend. I guess it's all up to the judges to pass or fail. Either way I'm happy to bend some steel again!

7" 150 kg bar Double Overhand, Ironmind Pads.

7" 120 kg bar Double Underhand, Ironmind Pads

• Like 6

Good to see you back at it David. Very nice bends.

Easy bends for you.

Is it required to do all three in same day?

Thank you!

No I don't think you have to do them all the same day.

Great Job David! Underestimated to say the least on the first two bends. You hammered those suckers!

WHAT A SHOTGUN BLAST!!!

David, my friend, the ease how you killed that steel, especially 120 kg with DU is awesome!

Congratulations on your return, so excited to see your bends again!!

Give us some time to sort this up and put you to the list.

Ironi grip 150 kg was made from playdoh?

Looked like bent a straw @ McDonalds.

Great Job David! Underestimated to say the least on the first two bends. You hammered those suckers!

Thank you Delmar!

Brute force my friend always impressed at your bends especially your reverse.

Thank you Josh! I was always proud of my Reverse. I want to build back up so I can reverse 150 kg or equivalent bars.

WHAT A SHOTGUN BLAST!!!

David, my friend, the ease how you killed that steel, especially 120 kg with DU is awesome!

Congratulations on your return, so excited to see your bends again!!

Give us some time to sort this up and put you to the list.

Thank you Ivan! The stuff you and the Iron Grip team have going on is very cool. I'm glad to be able to take part in it!

Ironi grip 150 kg was made from playdoh?

Looked like bent a straw @ McDonalds.

Haha thank you Peter! Bending one of the bastards you sent me before this bend made the 150kg bar feel relatively easy! Those bastards were no joke!

Nice Wiggy! Looking lean and mean too.

Thank you Sharkey! These days I'm down to about 82kg +-2kg depending on if I've stuffed my face or not that day :)

• Like 1

Great bends David. Like butter on the first 2 :) Very interesting to see future bends from you if you keep up the bending now ! Road to the Gold ?

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

You got 3 excellent bends with the highest level of dificulty, IMPs with no bands!

Excellent bending David. I'm very happy you're back at it and congratulations for the cert. It was very easy for you brother!!

Much more in the tank!

Great stuff there David!

Very strong bending!

Thank you Bob!

One bend more impressive then the next ! very serious

Thank you man!

Great bends David. Like butter on the first 2 :) Very interesting to see future bends from you if you keep up the bending now ! Road to the Gold ?

Thank you Tobias! I think it's to soon to talk about potentially going after the Gold nail. First I just want to see if I can come back to where I was, and perhaps a little bit beyond. However I don't think I'll ever go for the Gold. I think I'll leave that to the true double overhand monsters like Tommy Jennings, EJ Livesey, JT Straussner, and that big Russian guy(I forget his name).

You got 3 excellent bends with the highest level of dificulty, IMPs with no bands!

Excellent bending David. I'm very happy you're back at it and congratulations for the cert. It was very easy for you brother!!

Much more in the tank!

Thank you brother! Seems like alot of us from the old gang from Benders Battlefield are starting up again. Still a few names missing though. I miss the good old days with Mike Rinderle, Andy Thomas, Carl Ansara, Carl Donati, Chad Kovach, Chad Rickicki, Mike Krahling, and etc.

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 1

Once again - congratulations to David Wigren with proving that his strength so as his versatility is still with him!
More to come, obviously.

David, your name has been added to number 1 spot in our triathlon rating, please check the list .

Once again - congratulations to David Wigren with proving that his strength so as his versatility is still with him!

More to come, obviously.

David, your name has been added to number 1 spot in our triathlon rating, please check the list .

Thank you for taking the time of reviewing my certs and adding them to the site :grin: And yes, there is definitely more coming. You guys were very generous adding more in the package than I even asked for! Bars all the way up to 175 kg! I'm not sure I'm ready to DO the 170 or 175 bar so I don't dare to try them yet, but I think I might go for a 140 kg DU :devil

wow dude.. that DU was pretty dang impressive! really, all of it was, given how long its been since youve been regularly bending unbraced.

well done, sir!

:bow

Thank you Tommy! It's fun to be at it again!

Huge congrats Wiggy. Seeing this really makes me want to start training reverse and DU again. I can't wait to see what else you have in store. Great bending buddy

Huge congrats Wiggy. Seeing this really makes me want to start training reverse and DU again. I can't wait to see what else you have in store. Great bending buddy

Seeing you bend again was part of what inspired me to take up this crazy bending stuff again.

Wiggy, huge congrats! You made easy work of the triathlon cert! Very impressive. Congrats on being the first to achieve this feat.

Thank you Sean! I've not quite reached the Triathlon cert yet. I need another 50 kg on the total for that. I think with some more training I should be able to take down a 170ish bar DO. I think I can improve my DU and reverse bend aswell, so I will have that cert in the near future!

Strong stuff Wiggy!!

Thank you Nick!

Bending Machine right there! :bow

How long you been bending now?

Congrats!!!