Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Nice work man ! Still wait for a grip workout together as you plan to use the E25 for Hollidays !! Would be a pleasure to meet you for some garage workout !!

Nice work on the BBE. Why did you choose to do the MMS and not CCS only with the vulcan or a hard #3?

Nice work on the BBE. Why did you choose to do the MMS and not CCS only with the vulcan or a hard #3?

Just change of ROM and trying to build up closing strength.

Nice work man ! Still wait for a grip workout together as you plan to use the E25 for Hollidays !! Would be a pleasure to meet you for some garage workout !!

Hey buddy, well, it would probably be better to look each other up on a specific moment, than we would have time on our hands. Well, seeing that some guys over here drove more than 8 hours for nationals...lol

How is your training doing by the way? You have some tips which helped you in your cert. quest? I remember you CCS-ing grippers much earlier before you actually certed.

In 2010, I cut different cards, from 3cm to the actual size of a credit card, and performed "cut" credit card set closes. It helped a lot to master the technique and motivate you. Besides, I trained negatives with a Super Elite extended handle for the feeling of a very hard gripper in my hand.

Just let me check my logbook and I'll come back to you with more details.

Have a nice Father Day !

In 2010, I cut different cards, from 3cm to the actual size of a credit card, and performed "cut" credit card set closes. It helped a lot to master the technique and motivate you. Besides, I trained negatives with a Super Elite extended handle for the feeling of a very hard gripper in my hand.

Just let me check my logbook and I'll come back to you with more details.

Have a nice Father Day !

Ah yes, I remember you telling that indeed! Lol so many years haha

Fathersday over there? Here Sunday next week! But you have a good one today, what you got? Drawings and breakfast I guess? Great! Haha

Trapbar DL, working up to 180kg, left it with that, Didn't want to be gassed out for squats.

Squats 20 x 100kg/220lbs, felt good.

Neutral grip chins, pull overs and abs.

Noticing some growth on my quads, 20 rep squats is tough but it works. I'll see what to do after this cycle, perhaps keeping the high rep stuff once per week and once per week more heavy, as far as squats go.

Also tried benchpress last Saturday, just to feel how this is for my right shoulder. This also felt good, ended with workset of 3 x 8 @80kg, which felt fairly easy. Maybe I can add bench to the routine again, doing more high reps.

Edited by Geralt

Trapbar DL, working up to 180kg, left it with that, Didn't want to be gassed out for squats.

Squats 20 x 100kg/220lbs, felt good.

Neutral grip chins, pull overs and abs.

Noticing some growth on my quads, 20 rep squats is tough but it works. I'll see what to do after this cycle, perhaps keeping the high rep stuff once per week and once per week more heavy, as far as squats go.

Also tried benchpress last Saturday, just to feel how this is for my right shoulder. This also felt good, ended with workset of 3 x 8 @80kg, which felt fairly easy. Maybe I can add bench to the routine again, doing more high reps.

Hi Geralt, why are you doing deadlifts before squats?

• Like 1

The trapbar just warms me up nicely, I don't go balls out but somehow the combo works. After this I can also go immediatly into my squats workset(s). When I want to up my weight on the squats I don't do this combo.

The trapbar just warms me up nicely, I don't go balls out but somehow the combo works. After this I can also go immediatly into my squats workset(s). When I want to up my weight on the squats I don't do this combo.

Ah ok. The Trap Bar Deadlift is realy a hybrid squat/deadlift movement.

Ah ok. The Trap Bar Deadlift is realy a hybrid squat/deadlift movement.

I know, it is a comfortable way for me for putting load on my body. Also is a skinsaver for the shins heh

Btw, I bought my trapbar in Germany. Good quality and extra long weightpins. Maybe check it out?

http://www.starkmacher24.de

Edited by Geralt

Looks good! Didn't know about this webpage.😳

• Like 1

Looks good! Didn't know about this webpage.

He's a nice guy and it is good address to buy from. Also, 44cm weightpins, making for more than enough loading space. I bought the 30mm variant.

Looks good! Didn't know about this webpage.

He's a nice guy and it is good address to buy from. Also, 44cm weightpins, making for more than enough loading space. I bought the 30mm variant.

That's defenitly enough space.

• Like 1

Too bad they don't sell inch dumbbells. :-(

Do you know www.StrengthShop.de? They sell Circus bells.

Tough one today, felt tired and fought my way through 102,5 kg 20 reps.

3 x 3 115kg box squat

4 x 10 @ 80 kg

Also shoulders & triceps.

• Like 2

Warming up with Vulcan CCS and squats to get CNS going.

Working sets: 4 x 1 CCS IM#3 @153lbs (cpw), all very, very near.

3 x 2 CCS IM#3 @142lbs (cpw) first two sets first closed, second rep miss, third set both very near. Every miss I assist the hand closed however, for the hand to learn the ROM.

Working on figuring out the right handpositioning.

2 x 1 BBM (heavily filed) @ 137lbs (cpw) CCS set up, forced closed, trying to keep the filed closing position. This is much more different than MMS setting and closing.

Lefty: carefull with grippers still, so warming up gradually with dumbbell lifts with FG Extreme, up to singles @ 53kg.

Ended with 4 sets of standing DO wristcurls @70kg, supersetted with thumbscrews on Vulcan. Typing is a bit difficult now.

Strong Geralt you are slowly closing in on the # 3 cert. What is your game plan? To try to cert when you own your hardest # 3? Thats what i would do.

Strong Geralt you are slowly closing in on the # 3 cert. What is your game plan? To try to cert when you own your hardest # 3? Thats what i would do.

Thanks Jörg. Yes, that's my goal. I know the RGC from Cannonpw are a bit on the conservative side, so when I can close the 153lbs consistently, i'll order a new #3 and do a testrun to film and sent it to IM for the certifcation request.

• Like 1

Good plan!

• Like 1

Well, around 156 - 158 would be considered hard...what was your experience Joefrey when you certed? How did your #3 feel compared to your training grippers? What did you close in training?

Last week of 20 rep squats.

Trapbar warming up sets, worksets 2 x 8 @ 180kg, felt heavy.

Squats after short warming up 102,5kg x 20, was killing.

The fatigue is starting to accumulate, so form is getting ugly.

Experimented with band-touch squats afterwards, so putting a rubberband across my squatcage in the position where my ass would touch it, fairly below parallel, so that when squatting, the tension stays on the squats instead of going down ATG. This was killing for my quads. 3 x 10 @ 80kg.

Calves testing, see if I can do with my thin lower legs.

Neutral grip chins, ab wheel rollout and some bicep work.

Wasted.

• Like 2

enough for this week, been working hard on squatting. Would do a pressing sesion tonight but it would not benefit me the way I'm feeling. Rest sleep and eat. Finished 20 rep squatprogram, learned myself some things, working on a bit wider stance. Feeling good lately. Friday grip.