Who Is Your Favorite Armwrestler?

Schweinemann

Hello guys,

all the time we discuss certain things on this board, be it strength, technique or whatsoever. I really wonder who your favorite armwrestler is? Im aware that this is a tough call and propably impossible to say, but give it a try. I'm very curious.

After a long thought i think my Top 5 Armwreslters are:

John Brzenk

Cobra Rhodes

Taras Ivakin

Andreas Rundström

Devon Larrat

I could list a lot more being very close, but yea...its hard to decide.

My ALL-TIME Favorite would be Al Turner!

2nd pick would be John Brzenk.

3rd would be Dave Patton.

Good choices!

Devon, John, Alexey, Rustam are my famous favourites. But I'm also a big fan of my team mates :)

I think Sam Fischer is a good pick as is Magnus Samuelsson.

John Brzenk,Ron Bath, Allen Fisher.

• 2 weeks later...

After watching Pulling John I have a lot of respect for Brzenk and would say he's high on the list, but no one is more interesting to watch, in my opinion, than Allen Fisher. I remember seeing him on ESPN years back and his crazy-eyed, primal intensity has always lingered in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends... favorite to watch? Favorite as an individual? Especially gets hard when you're friends with SO many pullers personaly. Obviously, those that I'm the best friends with I like the best. :) as far as who I like best personally and on the table (friends don't count), Devon Larratt, Heidi Andersson, John Brzenk, are some of my favorites. Way to many to name though.

John Brzenk: well, because he's John Brzenk :grin: but seriously, I met him at the Arnolds and even though he's John Brzenk he was still happy to do a picture and sign an autograph for a fan

Devon Larratt: I met him at the Arnold and same thing as John; very nice guy and happy to answer questions, take pics, and sign autographs. The thing I like about Devon though is even though he's #1 he doesn't take himself too seriously. What other world champ is making videos like the Inglewood Jack and The Secret of the Canadian Goose :grin: ?

Arsen Lilliev: Never met him but \he's actually my favorite puller to watch because he's so explosive and he's the best toproller in the world and has short arms and small hands; gives me hope!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I enjoy watching Sam Harris and Storm Chellino. I'm probably biased because I'm buddies with them, or maybe it's the fact that their so technical and have caused so many upsets over the last year or so. Maybe because they are both young (Sam is 20, Storm is 21) and are both going to World's already!!! And because they hit up so many tournaments... funny story about Storm, he literally doesn't know ANY armwrestlers, in Reno he didn't know Razor/Chae Stratton ect (I heard him saying to someone else that he didn't recognize any of the names in his class), before Unified's in Reno he had NO idea who Logsdon was, and after beating Logsdon he was offered a supermatch with Rakers and I heard he said "Who is that?" At AAA nats he asked me who he had to watch out for at World's at 187 and I told him Rustam Babayev and he didn't know who that was! Sam is the complete opposite, he knows tons of guys, and told Storm he had to come to his house and watch some vids of the Europeans with him before going to World's, said he had been studying them.

Cobra - because he is all over the table

Crazy George- because nobody can ever finish him

and then they complain of his arm

all time fun to watch

John Brzenk

Cleve Dean

Rich Lupkes

Devon Larret

Gary G

Mike Todd

Dennis C

Andrea P

Arsen L

Tim Bresnan

Ron Bath

i am biased to heavy weights :)

Tim Bresnan. His most recent match against Devon Larret was extremely impressive.

He really gave Devon a run for his money.

http://www.armsportvideos.com/videos/2012/MLA%201/MLA.htm

Here's that great match. This is the legit video and not the far away one from youtube. Clearly was the stronger of the 2 arm wrestlers in terms of power. Not taking anything away from Devon, he's definitley my 2nd favorite but I gave the first 5 matches to Tim. Those elbow fouls were really questionable and who wants to win on an elbow foul? Even so, after 5 matches it was still 3-2 Tim so in my book he's top dog. Best of 7 is an endurance race at that point.