Race To The Bastard

KRC

I am going to put this here. The video is from some time ago but I must have screwed something up submitting it before.

The bend starts at 3:57

Two things:

1: That mustache though.

2. Do you bend at all in double imp's? I have no doubt you can kill a hexabastard right now.

I can not bend in doubles of any kind. My shoulders are more of a factor than my hands at this point.

Your kink looked strong and then you stopped, almost like you were creating a mental sticking point. Heck of a fight, though. After 3 or 4 minutes I usually call it.

Thanks man, and you make a great point. I hadn't noticed before, but sitting in bed last night going over the bend, I thought I might be doing something like that. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll be more attentive to that going forward.

Hows your training going?

• 4 weeks later...

Nice job man, I thought you had it...your kink looked explosive for sure...

I don't know if you've seen this or not but EJ gives some tips that helped me out when I get stuck around that point...

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=43888&page=1

• Like 1

It's alright. It's 4 week cycles:

Day 1: warm up bends (4-6), 3 bends @ ~75% (all in one IMP), sledgehammers

Day 2: warm up bends (in IMP's), 3 bends @ ~75% (in IMP's, no bands), sweep ISO's in doubles

Day 3: warm up bends, 2 bends @ ~85% (all in one IMP), sledgehammers

Day 4: warm up bends (in IMP's), 2 bends @ ~85% (in IMP's) sweep and crush ISO's in doubles

Day 5: warm up bends, 1 bend @ ~95% (all in one IMP), sledgehammers

Day 6: warm up bends (in IMP's), 1 bends @ ~95% (in BBW's) sweep, crush, and kink ISO's in doubles

6-8 days rest, then 1 all out max attempt in BBW's and DHWOG suedes.

Repeat with slightly harder bars at every step. This is a slightly tweaked plan from what I've been doing the past few cycles, but it's basically the same.

Bastard to 3.5" Bend starts at 4:00

Any tips appreciated. Gotta remember to switch hands each hit, you can see how uneven my hands are.

Nice job. Only thing better is the sweet Frank Zappa shirt.

haha, thanks

Day 2: warm up bends (in IMP's), 3 bends @ ~75% (in IMP's, no bands), sweep ISO's in doubles

Day 4: warm up bends (in IMP's), 2 bends @ ~85% (in IMP's) sweep and crush ISO's in doubles

Day 6: warm up bends (in IMP's), 1 bends @ ~95% (in BBW's) sweep, crush, and kink ISO's in doubles

Repeat with slightly harder bars at every step. This is a slightly tweaked plan from what I've been doing the past few cycles, but it's basically the same.

Good routine but remember to gradually work up 100% over time for the Isos. I also have a crush video on the top of the forum that may help you if your still stuck.

• Like 1

Thanks man, I try to keep that in mind when I do them. Even in a given session, I work through each ISO "rep" slowly as the work out goes on.

Thanks for making that vid, too--I replied to your PM the other day talking about being stuck.

Nice job on your kink, you do a good job of engaging your traps to assist you in the bend. For clarification, are you bending 6x a week? And also, when you take your breaks when you bend, is it because of fatigue? or pain tolerance? I think analyzing the weakness of your crush and implementing small tweaks to your technique and/or program could rocket your potential.

• Like 1

Nice job on your kink, you do a good job of engaging your traps to assist you in the bend. For clarification, are you bending 6x a week? And also, when you take your breaks when you bend, is it because of fatigue? or pain tolerance? I think analyzing the weakness of your crush and implementing small tweaks to your technique and/or program could rocket your potential.

Thanks for the comments.

To clarify, that outline is for the entire 4-week cycle. Days 1 and 2 are week 1, days 3 and 4 are week 2, days 5 and 6 are week 3. Week 4 is rest with the ME attempt at the end of week 4.

The breaks are 100% due to fatigue. Pain tolerance, especially with suedes over singles, is not an issue. One thing I'm going to try differently next time is being more methodical with my hits. Instead of frantically hitting as much as possible as soon as it starts to move, I'm going to try and unload with a big hit, collect myself, hit again, collect myself, etc. EJ talks about this in the video and it makes sense. If the sweep to crush is my weak point, I figure I need as much energy/strength as possible to get through that point, rather than wasting it all going from kink to sweep.

Thanks again. Another attempt tomorrow, provided I get some decent sleep for once tonight.

Thanks for the comments.

To clarify, that outline is for the entire 4-week cycle. Days 1 and 2 are week 1, days 3 and 4 are week 2, days 5 and 6 are week 3. Week 4 is rest with the ME attempt at the end of week 4.

The breaks are 100% due to fatigue. Pain tolerance, especially with suedes over singles, is not an issue. One thing I'm going to try differently next time is being more methodical with my hits. Instead of frantically hitting as much as possible as soon as it starts to move, I'm going to try and unload with a big hit, collect myself, hit again, collect myself, etc. EJ talks about this in the video and it makes sense. If the sweep to crush is my weak point, I figure I need as much energy/strength as possible to get through that point, rather than wasting it all going from kink to sweep.

Thanks again. Another attempt tomorrow, provided I get some decent sleep for once tonight.

good call. take a big breath and hit it big. use your lats to help you out. I'll be looking forward to see how you do on your next attempt.

• 1 month later...

I decided to try this bend out of the blue so I can't be upset. It stopped at the same spot as the last one but this batch is a little harder. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Great attempt man.Looks like we have the same sticking point in that awkward sweep to crush area (of course you're bending harder steel though)

Those bastards are harrrrrrrd

Great attempt man.Looks like we have the same sticking point in that awkward sweep to crush area (of course you're bending harder steel though)

Those bastards are harrrrrrrd

The 100 degree area is where my Shiny stopped too. So maybe it is a weak spot. On this 6 inch length, my hands are running into each other as I try to sweep it that little bit more. If I can move it a few more degrees, I should be able to get it. Thanks for checking it out.