World Record Ipf Superheavy Squat

EricMilfeld

With the IPF there are no monolifts allowed. You have to walk the weight out. They also have very strict judging and drug testing. They are the # 1 in the world.

• Like 1

It wasn't sky high either like so many 1000# squats appear - nicely done!

• Like 1

With the IPF there are no monolifts allowed. You have to walk the weight out. They also have very strict judging and drug testing. They are the # 1 in the world.

Great lift. The NFL, MLB, and UFC are all drug tested too...just saying.

• Like 2

Exactly lol. But juice or no juice there's no way I'll ever come remotely close to what that man just squatted.

On 13/11/2014 at 6:47 AM, Jörg Keilbach said:

Raw wr without kneewraps is around 900 .

Edited by CANCRUSHER
  • Like 1

Exactly lol. But juice or no juice there's no way I'll ever come remotely close to what that man just squatted.

Very true man but is important to know the reality of things.

You'd be surprised. I squatted 800 drug free at 235. No it wasnt done in a meet due to getting colitis a week out and losing massive amounts of weight from my bottom hole!! If I drugged and went super heavyweight I think I could have hit a grand+. I would be dead right now but still...

Impressive lift. Not taking anything away from him but remember Lance Armstrong was drug free too...how many of us were duped? Drug tests are a good way of making sports look nice and shiny. Look no further than the physiques of NFL players in the 70s and today. Also look at 40 times! It is a science and there are many whom excell at making sure their clients pass all tests.

• Like 1

In Carl's defense though, the Norwegian anti-drug work is alot better than the NFL etc. In Norway, if your sport wants to be associated with a national sportsagency, they have an independent government agency that does the testing. The testing is random in the off-season. They divide the athletes in to different groups based on your elite status. The most elite gets tested the most often. To make sure that the test is unannounced, the athlete has to rapport one hour of every day over the next coming months where they can be located for testing. You can imagine how hard this can be sometimes. For example, where are you going to be on Jan the 14th? Well, you have to appoint one hour of that day where I can find you. If an athlete misses an unnanounced appointment i.e. not being where they said they would be, they get a strike. Two or three strikes and they get banned. Refuse to take the test when they show up, you get banned. Give a positive result, you get banned.

Of course this still isn't water-proof, and there probably are some individuals that slip though the cracks. But considering that these athletes aren't making any real money off of their sport, and most being just regular dudes working normal jobs. I find it hard to think that they could afford or even find any tailor made drugs that could pass the tests. Most of these athletes are, believe it or not, 100% natural.

A few additional words. This doesn't mean all IPF-lifters are clean. The anti-drug work is not the same in all countries. But in Norway, it's pretty tight.

• Like 3

Cycling was and is done the same way yet Armstrong flew under the radar. Even with foreign testers out to get him...

I know of a state level located at my gym a few years back where 3 competitors fled through the toilette window because of an unannaunced drug test.

• Like 1

Cycling was and is done the same way yet Armstrong flew under the radar. Even with foreign testers out to get him...

That's different. The drugs are different, testing is different, politics are different and the amount of money is different. Lance were probably taking low doses of test and EPO. Low enough not to exceed the allowed limits of the tests. It's enough to benefit you in cycling but it's not gonna add amazing amounts to your powerlifting total. There were no proper way of detecting HGH back in Armstrong's days, so he could use how much he'd like of that and still test clean. Today it's super easy to detect even low levels of synthetic HGH (I have experience with some of the instruments used to measure drug tests with). On top of that, Armstrong was a multimillionaire. I don't know CYC personally, but how much money does he make in a year? I doubt enough to support a team of medical doctors.

I know of a state level located at my gym a few years back where 3 competitors fled through the toilette window because of an unannaunced drug test.

So the didnt know about it.If you know that there will be the drug test is easy to pass.

For the record I dont care if he is on or not. Just like it didn't bother me when I heard about Armstrong. If you want to be the best sometimes you have to level the playing field. Such is sports. What you put in your body is your business.

• Like 1

For the record I dont care if he is on or not. Just like it didn't bother me when I heard about Armstrong. If you want to be the best sometimes you have to level the playing field. Such is sports. What you put in your body is your business.

It should be Rick!

It should be Rick!

Maybe it should, maybe it shouldnt, I dont know..

All I know is that I have 0 interest in and respect for a juiced up athlete.

I cant identify with a roid user.

I've lived in a criminal world since my late teens til mid 20s and steroids and drugs are more common than rare in that world.

I've seen ppl go on and off that shit, I still do, cause my town isnt very big.

I know how fast they get big and strong even with bad nutrition and crap training.

I cant identify with that stuff and Im not impressed with their performance.

Im just not interested after I realize they're not like me.

• Like 1

What someone does is none of my buisness. Here in the US professional athletes make millions of dollars. I cannot fault a man who uses a performance enhancer to make sure his family is well taken care of forever. If using means the difference between the NFL league minimum of $250,000 a year versus a 5 year 90 MILLION dollar contract, I cannot fault that man.

I dont have to identify with them. I compare myself to myself.

• Like 2

What someone does is none of my buisness. Here in the US professional athletes make millions of dollars. I cannot fault a man who uses a performance enhancer to make sure his family is well taken care of forever. If using means the difference between the NFL league minimum of $250,000 a year versus a 5 year 90 MILLION dollar contract, I cannot fault that man.

I dont have to identify with them. I compare myself to myself.

Totally agree with you. My problem is with the lying about it.

Also, genetic manipulation is upon us already.

I agree in a way that it's up to the individual how far they are willing to go. However, I care about it being within the rules. If you juice and compete in a sport or federation where it's allowed, go ahead, it's your health. But if your making big money as a juiced up athlete competing in a sport where PEDs are not allowed. Than you're basically earning your money through fraud. I have no respect for that. If you are enhanced and compete in a drug free sport, then you are pretty much stealing the money from the person who would've won if everyone was natural. The money they are earning is not theirs. "But the best would still win regardless of PEDs". That's simply not true because everyone do not carry the same amount of androgen receptors and everyone do not respond the same way to PEDs. You're changing the game from being about who has the best talent for their sport, to who responds best to the juice. Wich I find incredibly boring because like Peter said, I can't relate to it.

• Like 6

I agree in a way that it's up to the individual how far they are willing to go. However, I care about it being within the rules. If you juice and compete in a sport or federation where it's allowed, go ahead, it's your health. But if your making big money as a juiced up athlete competing in a sport where PEDs are not allowed. Than you're basically earning your money through fraud. I have no respect for that. If you are enhanced and compete in a drug free sport, then you are pretty much stealing the money from the person who would've won if everyone was natural. The money they are earning is not theirs. "But the best would still win regardless of PEDs". That's simply not true because everyone do not carry the same amount of androgen receptors and everyone do not respond the same way to PEDs. You're changing the game from being about who has the best talent for their sport, to who responds best to the juice. Wich I find incredibly boring because like Peter said, I can't relate to it.

This is how I feel. I don't care what someone else does with their body. I care that it makes others have to also use drugs to compete and its a horrible message to children. Some guys get away from drug use without horrible side effects but they are regulated by doctors etc. Kids seeing these guys might use thinking its the way to become a pro and they won't have the knowledge and resources to prevent major side effects.

• Like 2

No one has to do anything. Pro sports in the US institute "drug tests" to make things look nice and shiny. If you think the NFL isnt rampant with use you are wearing blinders, yet it continues to be the most watched sport and generates billions.

I cant relate to them anyway. Wasnt born to run a 4.2 40! I did an internship at PITT with the football team. You could hear the wind whistling off the ear holes in their helmets when they sprinted past you. The QB threw it to the sidelines and I could hear the ball zipping as the spiral cut through the air. Super humans, even on a college level.

I guess I have more important things to do then compare myself to a pro athlete, 1000 pound squatter, or the like. I compare myself to yesterday and keep moving forward.

• Like 1

Huge risk/benefit difference monetarily, reputations wise, etc. from people in the NFL vs a IPF lifter.

• Like 1

Huge risk/benefit difference monetarily, reputations wise, etc. from people in the NFL vs a IPF lifter.

Abvously you havent spent much time around powerlifters. The best are so addicted to the rush of the records, the huge lifts, the admiration that they are willing to risk it all. The list that have left this world too soon is pretty long.

Before the birth of my twins I didnt much care if I died on the platform. My doctors told me from day 1 to stop and I defied their requests. If my heart were healthy I would have juiced to the max to be the best 220 in the world, damn the costs. Why? Because that is just how I am wired. My kids and my health opened my eyes.

I know powerlifters who have needed surgery and couldnt lift, so they got so addicted to oxycodone that they were crushing it and snorting it to get that feeling. To replace the feeling of being on the platform and smoking a big weight. It is a bad addiction that can consume your life. Despite getting only a trophy you allow your blood pressure to sky rocket, train through serious injuries, lose wives and girlfriends, etc.

• Like 1