150# Weighted Pullup

Durrs

I know it's not a perfect pull-up but it's a big PR after about 6 months of a lot of volume. 393# total.

• Like 5

Awesome lift!

I used to be good at weighted pull ups and looked into what the Guinness Book of World Records amount was. I couldn't find the amount so I e-mailed Guinness and they responded that there was no record and asked me if I wanted to set it. I was doing 135 lbs at the time and didn't think that was good enough. I never really got any better than that and as far as I know no one has ever been certified for the heaviest pull up.

Keep it up! (pun intended. lol)

Edited by Devin Annis
  • Like 1

Awesome lift!

I used to be good at weighted pull ups and looked into what the Guinness Book of World Records amount was. I couldn't find the amount so I e-mailed Guinness and they responded that there was no record and asked me if I wanted to set it. I was doing 135 lbs at the time and didn't think that was good enough. I never really got any better than that and as far as I know no one has ever been certified for the heaviest pull up.

Keep it up! (pun intended. lol)

Thanks bro! Maybe it's time to get back in the saddle and go after it again! I got stuck at 135# as well. Volume drop sets got me through the plateau.

• Like 1

moved the thread.

I've been doing a lot of pull ups as warm up on my upper body days. about to start dropping reps and adding weight. I have a feeling it will be a while before I get to 150.

moved the thread.

I've been doing a lot of pull ups as warm up on my upper body days. about to start dropping reps and adding weight. I have a feeling it will be a while before I get to 150.

Thanks for moving it. I think you'll be surprised how fast you will improve, if and when you get plateaued let me know because I would like to see if what I did works on other people.

Wow that was crazy strength...nice lift

• Like 1

Very strong partial !!! I think you could easily do 135# or 140# full ROM! You should get in on the pull-up/chin-up thread we've got going.

• Like 1

Very strong partial !!! I think you could easily do 135# or 140# full ROM! You should get in on the pull-up/chin-up thread we've got going.

Just found the weighted pull-up thread lol I didn't even know. Awesome lifts on there! I will definitely get on that. When I did the lift I felt like my arms were all the way straight before I went up but video doesn't lie. My arms were definitely a little flexed on the start. 135# was my old PR done in this same fashion, 150# has been the real goal. Ill get one that passes. Thanks for checking it out.

Thats a lot of weight i can barely get 135 now.

I think I'm probably around there as well if it was an official thing. I did get a solid controlled negative though! My back is more sore right now than it's been in a long time.