Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Tired tonight, busy week with kids' four days marches for school in the evening and extra swimminglessons with my youngest. Everything besides that and work, is on the backburner. Room tonight however to train but was to tired. Overall training went crap so quit. Grippers only.

Vulcan level 15 (5-5) Creditcardset

3 x 2, first doubles both closed, both second and third missed the second rep.

Saturday new gripsession, after that back to once per week grippers. Doing this now for two weeks.

Vulcan feels good at the moment.

That's some good CCS stuff with the vulcan!

Thnx dude, I figured that when I can perform two CCS reps with this level with the Vulcan I am good for a big range CCS #3's. But it's a process in the making. Need to see if the theory works.

• Like 1

Today some CCS practise with the Vulcan. Just a few sets, I have done two weeks of twice a week gripperwork. Now going back to once per week. Overall training this week a liitle gassed, but I think has to do with my trapbar DL getting a bit more taxing and kids' extra swimminglessons and walking 5km every night for kids' school last week.

All in all satisfied with overall progress.

Today DL work. Lighter weight today for reps. Ended with 200kg/440lbs trapbar farmer's walk in my garden. This is brutal. I will need to lower the weight though to keep my form good. I am looking to incorporate this into training. Next walk I will try 170 kg or so, enough for getting technique in.

Pullups Neutral grip and light bicepcurls. Not enough time for other stuff.

Edited by Geralt

Today DL work. Lighter weight today for reps. Ended with 200kg/440lbs trapbar farmer's walk in my garden. This is brutal. I will need to lower the weight though to keep my form good. I am looking to incorporate this into training. Next walk I will try 170 kg or so, enough for getting technique in.

Pullups Neutral grip and light bicepcurls. Not enough time for other stuff.

You seem to have found what's working for you lately. Good to see!

Good to add some dynamic functional exercises to your training, and it's also very fun to do. :D

Edited by Grind

Thnx guys. Yes, progress seems to be better when I just go with the flow, basically not training when I feel tired etc. Biofeedback in a nutshell. Last week Sunday I lifted 200kg for reps and I still noticed that today, everything felt very hard from the floor. regarding DL I can best do DL once every two weeks when working heavy. I keep squats low in weights but with more reps. The farmerswalks are a nice add to the flavour.

Also trying to watch my calory intake as In I know that I am not eating enough, but also trying to keep my food healthy. Combining this with work etc. is still a puzzle sometimes. It's a process that I need to figure out for myself, but it is coming together now.

First attempt to a 20 rep squats cycle. Triggering progress with lighter weights.

after warmup, 95kg x 20. Special feeling heh

Seated shoulder presses;

Skull crushers;

abs.

First attempt to a 20 rep squats cycle. Triggering progress with lighter weights.

after warmup, 95kg x 20. Special feeling heh

Seated shoulder presses;

Skull crushers;

abs.

If you're gonna try 20 rep squats, you better start eating more brother!

• Like 1

Yup, trying to do that, but it's probably harder with work than training itself. But, I am not doing it three times a week, I am starting with twice a week.

• Like 2

Beefbuilder Elite (162) 2 x 1 MMS closed;

Vulcan level 15 (5-5) 3 x 2 CCS ( missed the second rep also doubtful closes on the last set);

In between Vulcan CCS work also IM3.5 deepset negative;

20 rep squats 90kg, legs were not on topstrength and only noticed on my workset that I had the wrong shoes on, my running shoes.

Felt very awkward. Finished the set though.

2 sets of pushups, pullups and pullovers to failure.

• Like 2

Nice to see you doing some cardio! 20 rep Squats aint no joke :)

If you can do it twice per week, I can't imagine you being able to do any other training. It is so brutal (as you've already figured out).

I tried the program once upon a time and had good results with it, but only did it once a week.

Well to be honest, I still did the reps with too much weight, since that kills form and weight adding, but I am more of a high rep guy than low rep. I seem to recover better from that that grinding out 2 or 3 rm's. The eating bit is harder actually for me.

Brought kids to school, quick walk with the dog, train, shower, work till late today. Basically it :chris:

This short session hit me up like a Tonka truck.

Warming up;

Trapbar DL: 55kg x 10, 95kg x 8; 135kg x 5 (all from deficit) 185kg x 5;

Squats, was warmed up enough so immediatly into the workset 90kg x 20;

Pullovers, neutral grip chins, both till failure 2 sets, no big repcount here.

Really had too start with work so enough for the day.

June 3th:

Tired after long workday. Felt tired but energy was there during the workout.

Workset squats 95kg 1 x 20;

Seated shoulder press 3 x 8, 1 x 2, 1 x 5;

Pull overs with barbellplates 30kg;

Pushups till failure.

Today:

Had squeeze a workout in:

20 reps squats 95kg x 20;

Stretching since I felt stiff, later this day grip or tommorrow.

Grippers in the afternoon.

Working: BBE@169lbs 'easy close' ;

BBE @162lbs 'easy close';

Vulcan level 15 CCS 1x2; first closed, second very near;

Vulcan level 16 CCS 2x1, both missed.

Vulcan level 15 CCS very very near.

Lefty is havng a rest, since my knuckles still hurt when closing grippers in the final part pf the close, although much less. Just need to rest.

Ended with thumbscrews on Vulcan with orange spring.

• Like 1

Good one today.

Trapbar DL working: 2 x 5 @190kg/418lbs, no idea where the second set came from and it felt relatively easy.

20 rep squats x 100kg/220lbs, next session back to 97,5 maybe, had to grind out the last few too much. Probably the DL's before.

Pullovers, neutral grip chins and a few bicepcurls. Doing my pullovers with a dumbbell loaded on one side, 20 plus 10kg. Put the wrong lock on it, walked back to my closet to get the right measure, but somehow forgot to put the right collar on after that.

So supersetted, came in out of breath and lifted the weight overhead, thus receiving 10kg on my head. More blood than stitching needed luckily enough. 10kg bitchslap lol still could finish training though.

Warming up, 97,5kg x 20 working;

Seated barbell shoulderpress 2 x 8, 1 x 6;

Pull overs;

Tricepwork.

Hooked up on a heart rate watch, during 20 rep squats hit 170 bpm. For now, 3x per week is doable but it is intense. Two weeks to go.

Edited by Geralt

After warming up:

BBE (169) 5 x 1 from true parallel, still tough gripper. Noticed I kinda rushed in my training.

Vulcan few CCS attempts level 16 and 15 but lost too much strength on the BBE closes to get good range of motion.

Thumbscrews x many sets in different ROM's

Lefty additional wristcurls with dumbbell, and 45kg repwork dumbbell lifts, with Fat Gripz Extreme.