Small Diameter Revolving Handles

EricMilfeld

Does anyone market a 1" or 1.5" revolving handle? I'd like to acquire both, in addition to the Sorinex 2" model.

It would be a fun change of training pace, and perhaps even a good contest event. I wonder what kind of numbers could be put up...

Does anyone market a 1" or 1.5" revolving handle? I'd like to acquire both, in addition to the Sorinex 2" model.

It would be a fun change of training pace, and perhaps even a good contest event. I wonder what kind of numbers could be put up...

I don't know that anyone makes either but I was thinking about making a 1.5" one for myself. I could probably make you one while I'm at it if interested in waiting awhile for me to get to it.

- Aaron

I have made both several years ago but I can't remember who asked me for them - I never did use them personally.

I don't know that anyone makes either but I was thinking about making a 1.5" one for myself. I could probably make you one while I'm at it if interested in waiting awhile for me to get to it.

- Aaron

Thank you for the offer, Aaron! If I've been unable to attain one by the time you're able to make one I will take you up on it and pay you handsomely.

I have made both several years ago but I can't remember who asked me for them - I never did use them personally.

So, you don't know how much your numbers improved on the smaller diameter?

Couldn't you just get one of those marketed for cable machines at dicks mine is like 1 1/4 mine has a light knurling but it could be grinder and sanded easily . It spins pretty fast to Eric.

Yeah, like Parris said, look at the ones marketed for cable machines. They have several of those little revolving handles like that at the Y I go to... I've always wondered what I could pull on it if I hooked it up to the loading pin...

Couldn't you just get one of those marketed for cable machines at dicks mine is like 1 1/4 mine has a light knurling but it could be grinder and sanded easily . It spins pretty fast to Eric.

Yeah, like Parris said, look at the ones marketed for cable machines. They have several of those little revolving handles like that at the Y I go to... I've always wondered what I could pull on it if I hooked it up to the loading pin...

Are you guys referring to something that spins just like a Rolling Thunder, for example? That's what I'm looking for. I don't think I've seen any cable handles other than the ones are essentially a pipe with a much smaller diameter rod through the middle with a lot of freeplay between the two. These types are much easier to grasp and don't spin as freely as conventional revolving handles.

Saw one of these at a play it again sports that I went to today.

I was wondering what's the point, looks very easy to hold onto.

Saw one of these at a play it again sports that I went to today.

I was wondering what's the point, looks very easy to hold onto.

If it's like the one I described that you typically see for pulley work you can go quite heavy. I tried it once recently with no specific training and hit 450. If it rotates like a Rolling Thunder and is a smooth 1.5" handle I wouldn't get anywhere near that weight. For anyone save those with a relatively weak back grip would still be the limiting factor.

The ones I made were like RTs - a PVC sleeve over a solid piece of round stock with the V shaped part going down to hook to - the fit was pretty good - the feel was good. But even though it spun easily you could lift a lot on it - I always figured that using this was what t was like to have a huge hand on a regular RT. I wasn't impressed frankly.

The one I was gonna make would have sealed bearings and be solid steel like the FBBC crusher. Just got to get around to it.

- Aaron

The one I was gonna make would have sealed bearings and be solid steel like the FBBC crusher. Just got to get around to it.

- Aaron

That sounds like a very fine piece of equipment!

Another possibility I have been considering is an attachment for the new modular comp vbar I made to allow the different sized handles for it to be screwed into a one sided handle attachment that fits the lower loading pin portion. That way I could have ball bearing spinning and be able to reuse any of the different sized handles made for the vbar. Right now I have the 1.5" and 50mm but just about any size could be made, 1 5/8, 1 3/4, 1 7/8, 2", 2 1/8, 2 1/4", etc all the way out to 3". Would hard attach to the pin so no carabiner and the one sided setup would be much like the revolving handles you sometimes see the arm wrestlers using. Just a thought at this point mostly because steel is so expensive these days and it would be nice to be able to reuse the handles.

- Aaron