Super Tired, Flu Like Symptoms, Overtraining?

kwakamoto

I was on a powerlifting cycle that was going really well and 6 weeks in I started adding grip training. My first workout with grippers I felt ultra strong.

Since then I've been working grippers but have suddenly come down I'll. I know its related to training.

Does anyone know how I can get my strength back up quick and my energy levels.

I still have been training grippers whilst I've not been feeling well but only closing coc 1 coz that's all I can manage.

Any ideas how I can recover quickly, its only been 2 weeks but feels like forever.

Can gripper training really mess with our immune systems?

Any thoughts please let me know.

Edited by kwakamoto

If you're getting sick, get yourself checked out by your doctor.

As for lifting and grip, can't say that grip has made me sick. I suggest taking a deload or cut back on what you're doing and maybe add more rest days in.

I was on a powerlifting cycle that was going really well and 6 weeks in I started adding grip training. My first workout with grippers I felt ultra strong.

Since then I've been working grippers but have suddenly come down I'll. I know its related to training.

Does anyone know how I can get my strength back up quick and my energy levels.

I still have been training grippers whilst I've not been feeling well but only closing coc 1 coz that's all I can manage.

Any ideas how I can recover quickly, its only been 2 weeks but feels like forever.

Any thoughts please let me know.

That is interesting! I just finished my weightlifting first workout after missing a week because of something very similar. I was so fatigued, It was an effort just to go to the kitchen. I really didn't have any other symptoms other than a headache for a day and my stomach felt slightly upset. I actually got a blood test because I thought maybe I was anemic or something. A couple of things came back a little high (BUN/ creatinine, and eos) but not what I had expected. Still have no idea what it was but my energy levels are coming back.

Edited by Brett H

CNS got zapped. See a doc, get meds, eat and rest.

+1 for EJ. Grippers hardly do that alone unless they are very dirty and break your skin, but suddenly adding them to a hard powerlifting cycle might do it by "zapping" your CNS which can make you get ill easier, or just feel ill. I have noticed that heavy lifting makes me catch a flu easier, for example right now. And I have experienced some longer term overtraining which is not nice. Don't be afraid of an off week or two.

Do you guys really see a doctor when you get sick? Man I have not been to one since 2008. And before that was a long time too.

Do you guys really see a doctor when you get sick? Man I have not been to one since 2008. And before that was a long time too.

Yes. I work around lots of biologics. Just need to make sure it is just a flu and not something weird. Plus I have awesome health insurance, so why not?

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies guys, all of a sudden yesterday evening I felt a surge of energy and headed to the gym and made a pb on bench press.

My body must if been in a recovery mode for a very long time but following that I achieved strength gains.

Totally weird

Not so weird man, ive been there, when you cook yourself it takes a few before your good, usually you come back stronger....problem is you miss training days. I suggest takeing a note of it, maybe its your exercise grouping thats taking an extra toll on your system.