Muscle Ups

JoshW

I don't think one hand pinch pullup is even even possible for humans! But he is doing pretty amazing things with those pinch blocks.

The most impressive one arm pullup I've witnessed is one climber friend (competes in bouldering) at a ninja competition two weeks ago. He was able to do one arm pullup on the cowbell by 3balls climbing http://www.threeballclimbing.com/fitness/cow-bell-hulk-strength-pinch-trainers.htm Incredible bw/grip ratio.

Next time we 'll meet and train I'll bring the rolling thunder, I have a feeling he ll be able to do reps on it. I'll also bring a pinch block with a hook and see if he can do pullups on it.

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos

I don't think one hand pinch pullup is even even possible for humans! But he is doing pretty amazing things with those pinch blocks.

The most impressive one arm pullup I've witnessed is one climber friend (competes in bouldering) at a ninja competition two weeks ago. He was able to do one arm pullup on the cowbell by 3balls climbing http://www.threeballclimbing.com/fitness/cow-bell-hulk-strength-pinch-trainers.htm Incredible bw/grip ratio.

Next time we 'll meet and train I'll bring the rolling thunder, I have a feeling he ll be able to do reps on it. I'll also bring a pinch block with a hook and see if he can do pullups on it.

Quote from his Facebook:

Someone asks, " Is a single hand pinch pull-up in the future Adam?"

He simply answers, "Yes." Lol. I think it may be possible.

Then maybe a one arm pinch muscle up? Lol that'll never happen for sure. Now you have me hooked on that site you linked! How heavy was the guy who did that pullup you mentioned, and is there a video? That seems insane.

Edited by avasatu

it depends what kind of pinch pullup, I was thinking of pinch block pullup or rafter pullup( some consider the thick vertical grip as pinch grip too). I don't think it's possible. The current world record one hand pinch headlift(Euro) is 131.22lbs (Kody Burns). You have to be able to pinch your body weight + 5-10% or more with one hand deadlift. So for somebody that is 200 lb that means he has to be able to do 210+lb on one hand pinch deadlift. I don't think that's realistic. Maybe a ligther person might be able one day to do a one hand pinch deadhang for a few seconds after years and years of training. I hope I'm proven wrong!

I agree that his claim that he will accomplish this is a very strong and unbelievable one, especially considering he is already an elite pincher, and that the best pincher in the world would need 150% of his current power to even consider the feat. That said, I certainly believe it is possible. Maybe he is referring to a pinch pullup more like the one you were talking about, but considering the context of the question (the video it was under) and the fact that he never trains other types of pinch pullups (at least one video), I think he legitimately meant a 1 hand pullup on his 2 inch block bar.

it may be possible for someone to do it one day with this kind of pinch setup with the block rotating so it's more on the fingers and less on the thumb. But that's not the same as the real rafter pullup.

Then maybe a one arm pinch muscle up? Lol that'll never happen for sure. Now you have me hooked on that site you linked! How heavy was the guy who did that pullup you mentioned, and is there a video? That seems insane.

Just saw this sorry. The guy that I posted a vid of earlier is the only one i know of who managed to do a one arm muscle up with relatively good form. If he had Adam's pinch strength at his bodyweight the maybe who knows!

If you like that site also check atomik climbing, I 'm waiting for these in the mail https://www.atomikclimbingholds.com/234-pinch-bombs :tongue I also got NAGS Pinch Block Curl from Jedd to help me train for single rafter pullups and I love that thing. You can do regular curls, hammer curls, throw/catch, wrist curls and more.

the guy that I mentioned is Josh Levin http://neverstopexploring.com/athletes/josh-levin/, I think he is lighter than me and I'm about 151-153 lb right now. He is in his early 20s and he beasted the ninja course. He has a vid doing the OAC on the cowbell, he told me he sent it to Geoff Britten (ninja warrior champ) as it was part of a challenge so the vid is on Geoff's fb page but I think you have to be friends with him to see it. He also told me it's in his submission vid for ninja warrior, so you might see it on Tv!

Edited by Evan Raftopoulos