Denis Cyplenkov Strict Biceps Curl 113 Kilos Competition

Kashtan

I have never seen any picture where his arms are "straight" - can he get them straight?

I have never seen any picture where his arms are "straight" - can he get them straight?

I don't think so. Arm wrestling may have shortened up his tendons a bit too.

He has calcification in his elbows, a so-called "bone lock", can't fully extend or flex his arm + shortened tendons. Honestly, this isn't a world record in my eyes since he has like 30 degrees of motion (and that's generous) in his elbow. It's more of a shoulder curl. You are not the only one thinking about acromegaly, he does have some form of it + he's using hgh for years and that leads to some freakish development.

I think many elite armwrestlers can't fully extend their elbows like "normal people" do.

His ROM is not the biggest but he goes through enough of it to count as legit in my view. I would rather have people starting at that point but see NO SWING than watch people start with fully extended elbows but using a ton of body movement to get the weight moving.

That's like setting a record in the quarter squat in my opinion. If you're not physically able to do a lift or a challenge, you can't break a world record.

Edited by Aleksandar Milosevic

The difficulty of judging "a curl" is why it isn't a contested lift in strength sport competitions. Some exercise movements are better for developing strength than contesting it. This may be an example of that - but there is no questioning that the guy is very strong.