#4 Certification Request

Paul Savage

I wish Paul well for sure! :mosher

Couple of things to keep in mind is that I haven't seen a NEW (out of the package) #4 from the last several years

rate at under #200. Everyone I've seen or read about is well over #200.

I hope that Paul has considered this in his training attempts with similar grippers of #200+!

If I had this ability I would never ask for a request unless I was consistently CCS a #4 rated

@ #210 and/or higher. Only Paul knows his abilities as of present and it would be interesting to read

where he's at on this attempt and what's been his training strategies.

I'm not trying to downplay what he's attempting here. I'm just looking at it realistically. ;)

This is a monumental task no matter how one looks at it!!!

Best wishes, Paul. I'll definitely be rooting for you!

Give her hell Paul - I am rooting for you to show your power to the world!

Has he certified #3 or MM1 ?

I was wondering the same thing. Paul must be the best kept crushing secret!

• Like 1

Thank you for all the kind words and support.

Firstly i'd like to say that Randall has got back to me and this is a go.

To answer some of the questions..

The bodypower expo is in May, that's when i will be attempting the certification. The reason for this is because it's pretty much the biggest stage for grip here in the UK. They already do the rolling thunder championships, id imagine now they might do the bullet hold, and also a lot of the top strength athletes attend the event along with a lot of spectators so i feel it's the right place for it.

The gripper posted on the first page is an easy #4 and the gripper steve tries in the video i posted below, it's a few months prior to his more famous #4 video (also a gripper of mine).

As for what I've been doing in training and if i have certified any of the other grippers. No i have not certified/attempted to certify on either the #3 or the #3.5, but will be doing so on the same day as the #4 attempt. I have only credit card set closed the easy #4, 1mm off medium #4 is my best with ccs. I did the later last year but then my workload in work got too high to train. In previous years, as mentioned above, i would have only put in for certification if i was ccs closing a medium #4 for multiple singles etc however I've found gripper strength to have peaks and falls so by the time certification got organised and setup i might not be as strong. This way i'm able to focus on the task at hand and hopefully peak right for the attempt.

At this point I've done very little gripper work for a good many months other than the past 5 days where I've trained grippers 3 times. This is a shock tactic I've used a number of times to try to 'kick start' progression. It's not something i recommend for a beginner but can work well for those more experienced to regain some lost strength. The idea is you push hard for a number of sessions in a short time frame then rest for at least as long or more so before training again. I ordered a #3.5 which arrived yesterday, i managed to ccs it out the package a couple times. This being the last day of the overtraining i would always be stronger when fresh, it is a good start.

I will video my next training and post video here so stay tuned and again thank you for the encouragement.

Paul

• Like 3

I looked up Ioan Cristian Puscasu on here since I saw he has tried the #4 twice now to certify with failed attempts

That is his first attempt, pretty close.

This was the attempt I saw on video which was pretty close, he was apparently accroding to this thread

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=37459&hl=%2Bioan+%2Bcristian+%2Bpuscasu is able to do around 30+ closes with the 3.5.

So I think it will be challenging but I think trying is very important toward eventually certifying since will help you understand how to peak and give you and idea of how far you are. Then you never know and you might have a perfect day and certify. Will be fun to watch your journey regardless though and I really do hope you the best.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Thank you for all the kind words and support.

Firstly i'd like to say that Randall has got back to me and this is a go.

To answer some of the questions..

The bodypower expo is in May, that's when i will be attempting the certification. The reason for this is because it's pretty much the biggest stage for grip here in the UK. They already do the rolling thunder championships, id imagine now they might do the bullet hold, and also a lot of the top strength athletes attend the event along with a lot of spectators so i feel it's the right place for it.

The gripper posted on the first page is an easy #4 and the gripper steve tries in the video i posted below, it's a few months prior to his more famous #4 video (also a gripper of mine).

As for what I've been doing in training and if i have certified any of the other grippers. No i have not certified/attempted to certify on either the #3 or the #3.5, but will be doing so on the same day as the #4 attempt. I have only credit card set closed the easy #4, 1mm off medium #4 is my best with ccs. I did the later last year but then my workload in work got too high to train. In previous years, as mentioned above, i would have only put in for certification if i was ccs closing a medium #4 for multiple singles etc however I've found gripper strength to have peaks and falls so by the time certification got organised and setup i might not be as strong. This way i'm able to focus on the task at hand and hopefully peak right for the attempt.

At this point I've done very little gripper work for a good many months other than the past 5 days where I've trained grippers 3 times. This is a shock tactic I've used a number of times to try to 'kick start' progression. It's not something i recommend for a beginner but can work well for those more experienced to regain some lost strength. The idea is you push hard for a number of sessions in a short time frame then rest for at least as long or more so before training again. I ordered a #3.5 which arrived yesterday, i managed to ccs it out the package a couple times. This being the last day of the overtraining i would always be stronger when fresh, it is a good start.

I will video my next training and post video here so stay tuned and again thank you for the encouragement.

Paul

#3, #3.5 and #4 CCS attempts at the same day. That sounds awesome for my ears! Hope that in Finland would be so brave dudes like you! :mosher

Juha how far away are you from #4 ccs?

About 55mm

• Like 1

About 55mm

lol! still better than me!

:grin: My best is two "Romanian millimeters" open. I have understood that it means about 5mm open.

• Like 4

About 55mm

:grin: My best is two "Romanian millimeters" open. I have understood that it means about 5mm open.

haha, I see what you did there.

• Like 1

Thanks guys

What order will you do the grippers in?

#4 >> #3.5 >> #3 makes the most sense, right?

Actually the other way around and the goal is to cert upto 3.5 with left hand also.

• Like 4

if you pull the cert both hands up to 3.5, that would be fenomenal, and the 4 on top, out of this world!

:shuriken:

About 55mm

Juha's crazy! LMAO

• Like 1

I iwsh you the best with your cert, Paul!!