Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

Tues.

Axle PP easing back into it. So far so good.

Pullups, Bp, OAR, shrugs, Inc Db, bent row, rev. Curls, rear flye, dip lockouts(short Rom to strengthen for shoes)

Thurs.

SSB 225 5x3, Crusher 110 5x3

DO bending IMP 60D x2, 1/4 sqr, SS 9/32, Shiny Bastard Attempt - videos in Race to Bastard thread

Rev. hyper, Kb swings, Gob. Sq, side bends, Situps

• Like 2

Just stumbled upon this on IG, had to post it here: https://instagram.com/p/8s0IY0SjjD/

Ha, thanks Tom.

I had seen that earlier today as well. The quote is below.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten." - Hunter S. Thompson

• Like 1

Another fun Sunday

Sq 205 3x10, Sp 110 3x10, Grprs CBT week9 testing, testing was horrible today. The gripper just a few pounds over my working gripper was impossible to close. It wasn't the program or anything. Life was just tough the last few days. The only problem with bombing is what number do I use for the next cycle.

Deadlifts- coan-philipi wk1

Farmers 150 50ft turn&return 3 trips

Shoes R polo0, L DC00, D-lux 2 I am now out of easy shoes again. Thinking this over...

Stones 190 4 lifts

Club swings

I also took two pieces of 3/8 box store steel and tried to make paperclips for a friendly request.post-23285-0-92212900-1444617368_thumb.j

• Like 2

Not without consequence Tuesday

Axle PP 3x5 still going easy. My back felt funny warming up but didn't hurt doing these.

Pullups- I tried a few L sit Pullups which were easier from a pull up perspective, just harder on the ab.

Bp, OAR, shrugs, Inc. DB, B. Row,

Fing.ext. 3x30, finger walks6#x3, Ttk 10 3x10, rev. Climber curl20 3x10, wrist curl 45 3x10, hammer rotation 4 3x10 I want to add in a bunch of low intensity grip work one day a week. This was to try it out.

R.flye 3x15, curls 3x6(w/ token blob37 curl), dip lockouts 1 chain 3x10

After waking up this morning, I am convinced the two most injurious activities I have ever done are sleeping and working at a desk.

• Like 1

...After waking up this morning, I am convinced the two most injurious activities I have ever done are sleeping and working at a desk.

I grok this.

Running out of time Thursday

Two things - my hip was super inflamed Wednesday morning for no reason and finally started to calm down this evening. And the light grip work I did on Tuesday absolutely destroyed my hands. Hmmm, weaknesses noted.

Squat 305 5x1 hip still tender proceeding cautiously.

Crusher 130 5x1 I screwed up my chalk base on the third set with my left hand but hit an extra rep after.

Kb swings, fitness squats

DO bending 60Dx2, 1/4, 1/4 sqr, 1/4 sqr x 6.5 kink/cut/kill definitely beneficial but requires PPE when opperating the bolt cutters.

Rev.Hypers, side bends, situpspost-23285-0-69181800-1444968403_thumb.j

• Like 2

Congrats on the bend!

• Like 1

...After waking up this morning, I am convinced the two most injurious activities I have ever done are sleeping and working at a desk.

I grok this.

I had to look up grok. I can only imagine all those "little" things you have and will overcome. Much respect.

Congrats on the bend!

Thank you, Carl. I hope it is the first of several bends.

Friday

Squat 205 3x10 Sp 110 3x10

Finger walks 8#x3 ext. 3x30. Pro/sup 4# hammer 3x10 Ttk 10 3x10 Rev.climber curl 20 3x8 wrist curl 45 3x10

Club swings & hip work

Moved the blockweights a little bit.

I want to add/keep a light work- active recovery day like this in the week.

• Like 1

Sunday

Deads c-p wk2 Grprs cycle 3 CBT week1 these were difficult and shouldn't have been. After this cycle I will switch to something else.

Shoes R DC0 L hind0

Braced bending 3/8, spike x2

I wanted to do farmers and stones but I couldn't focus or motivate myself. I called it a day.

• Like 1

Tuesday

Axle PP 155 3x5

Bench 260 5x1 Pullups

Oar, shrugs, Inc Db, r.flye, curls, dip lockouts

My younger brother stopped by so we played with the blockweights a bit.

Wednesday

SSB 210 5x5, Crusher 100 5x5, DO bending 60D x2, 1/4 sqr, 70D, Bastard kink/cut/kill.

Side bends and Situps

This batch of Bastards is considerably harder than the ones I had before. To get a huge Bastard with this stock will mean I need to get much stronger. I may never find the cutoffs fron the kink/cut/ kill bends. They fire like bullets across the garage.

I also did a few fun lifts of my thickbar trainer to an 18 inch box.post-23285-0-48255800-1445485511_thumb.j

• Like 1

Tonight was the first real lifts with the 64kg bell. I bought it at the beginning of the year but I left it at Brent's house so he could train it. I know there is alot of tilt but I am only loading it to an 18inch platform(medley practice). I got a few lifts with both hands which is encouraging.

Thanks for reading my log.

Edited by JHenze646
  • Like 2

Awesome lift Josh, how many pounds did yours come out to?

It weighed 141 on my scale which is not accurate but in the ballpark. The handle is all misshapen, 61 x65, which makes it different. Hopefully I can progress with this bell.
  • Like 1

...Hopefully I can progress with this bell.

Of this...I have zero doubt.

• Like 1

The Gracie Bell which will be in the Medley here is 146# - handle is round at 2 3/8". You'll get it no problem :).

The Gracie Bell which will be in the Medley here is 146# - handle is round at 2 3/8". You'll get it no problem :).

That is the goal. I have missed a Gracie bell in the last two medleys I have tried.

Late night sessions

Friday

Squat 205 3x10 Strict press 110 3x10

Finger walk 8# sledge x3 times, finger ext. 3x30 Pro/Sup rotation 4# hammer 3x10, TTK 1 3x10

Wrist curls 45 Db 3x10

Clubbell swings & hip work

Another Fun Sunday

Drove 5 hrs to pick the wife up from her relatives yesterday and drove 5 hrs home today. I am not complaining only prefacing.

Deads Coan-philipi wk3 these felt slow and heavy, Grprs CBT week2

Shoes Dc0xR 0hindxL spike x2

Farmers 150 50 ft turn&return 3 trips

Stones 190 x2 lifts, 220 x 3 lifts

I was running low on time so

Griprush inv. 45 Db x 2

• Like 1

I have generally had a "one step forward, two steps back" progression with my lifting for the past few years. I realised as I looked over a few things that I had moved up a level, so to speak, and was pushing hard for the next level. I thought about it. It would be far better to make this level permanent than to peak a little higher and take two steps back.

Tuesday

Axle PP 180 3x1, push jerk x1 - just to see

Pullups

Bp 210 10x1 technique work/deload

OAR, Db Inc., shrugs, bent rows

Curls, r.flye, floor press with chains

The dip lockouts I was trying were apparently angering my shoulders.

Wheels off Wednesday

Sq 255 5x3 these felt heavy and terrible

Crusher 125x3, 112 4x3

DO bending 60D x2, 1/4 sqr, 5/16 G2 x fail I couldn't get into position and my hands just peeled open, 60D x Rev. R&L, DU

Fitness squats, kb swings, side bends and Situps.

• Like 2

Party all night Friday

Squat 225 3x10 last set was with a belt and felt easy

Strict press 110 3x10

Finger walks 8# x 4, finger extension 3x30, pro/sup 4# hammer 3x10, Ttk 12 3x10, wrist curls 45 3x10, rev. Climber curl 20 3x10, some hammer levers.

• Like 1

Party all night Friday

Strict press 110 3x10

Finger walks 8# x 4, finger extension 3x30, pro/sup 4# hammer 3x10, Ttk 12 3x10, wrist curls 45 3x10, rev. Climber curl 20 3x10, some hammer levers.

Looks like a good session to me!

Strong work bro

• Like 1

Party all night Friday

Strict press 110 3x10

Looks like a good session to me!

Strong work bro

Thanks, Dave. How is your bent press training going?