Gripper In Between Ghp6 And Coc 3?

kasparov

This is a hard gap to fill. Suggestions to try: GNC 250, Grand Master, HG 300, Super Master 5/8"

A filed GHP6

Hi guys,

Was after a recommendation for a gripper in between ghp6 and coc3?

This is a troll post if ever there was one! :laugh

Hi guys,

Was after a recommendation for a gripper in between ghp6 and coc3?

This is a troll post if ever there was one! :laugh

Why is it a troll post?

I was thinking the grand master but was hoping it wouldn't be more difficult than my coc3, I realize this gap is a Tough one to fill.

I have had three Grand Masters, 150, 141, and 149. The 141 was from that run of Tettings that were much lighter than normal. They seem to be back to normal strength now.

I was thinking the grand master but was hoping it wouldn't be more difficult than my coc3, I realize this gap is a Tough one to fill.

You're probably better off getting a gripper that's already rated when you want something that specific. If you're looking at the average #3 as 150, and the average GHP6 at 135, you're probably looking for something 140+.

Just to give you an idea of how things vary and why you should get something already rated:

I've got a narrow Elite that's 145

I had an RB240 that was 144

I've got a #3 rated 144

I've also got a BBGM rated at 150 that is easier than my 147 #3

Of my unrated grippers that are easier to close than my 147 #3 but harder than my GHP6:

RB260, BBGM, extra wide BBSM.

You should save yourself the grief and buy something already rated.

Edited by bdckr

I was looking for the exact same thing recently, and I decided to try a grand master.

It was rated at 150, and harder than my MM0 #3.

My advice is that you get consistent on your GHP6, cause at that point you shouldn't be very far off on your #3.

• Like 1

Maybe a certain setting on the Vulcan gripper

I bet that could be a way to fill in that gap

Sounds like filing maybe a great option

A filed GHP6

Filing a GHP sounds like blasphemy to me.

A filed GHP6

>Maybe a certain setting on the Vulcan gripper

Agreed, but I look at my grippers as tools. If I need to modify a tool to complete a job then it's time to grind.

My old grippers and my originals are kept clean and put up, new stuff is fair game.

• Like 1

A filed GHP6

I've only filled one gripper a long time ago

Doing that was the key to closing my 2.5

The point is by filing it you can get closer to the number 3

These aren't baseball cards

It's a gripper.

I have had three Grand Masters, 150, 141, and 149. The 141 was from that run of Tettings that were much lighter than normal. They seem to be back to normal strength now.

Any interest in trading or selling me the

?

That is the level I'm looking for : )

Thanks

I'm not going to file the ghp6 it's too pretty:)

I've already closed my hg300 that feels in between my ghp6 and coc 3.

Would like to try the grandmaster I might ask Matt if he has a weak one. Can mash the ghp6 but am around 15mm from the coc3.

• Like 1

Really filing the GHP6 is probably the only option. I have a 138lb GHP6 and a 140 BBM which are basically rating but feel completely different. My small hands take to the tetting grippers better because of the narrower spread but honestly I think to train to close an IM3, train with GHP and IM grippers. Even if you got a 145lb BBGM (which seems to be pretty rare these days), even though the rating would be where you want it, the "feel" of it (vs. a 3 or GHP7) wouldn't be as beneficial as going beyond the range with the 6. I say all this being in a similar position to you--I am closing my 6 with regularity now and missing 3/GHP7's by millimeters. No need for another gripper, you're in shooting distance, just keep going.

Or file the heavy grip 300 I don't know how the spring would take it cause the quality isn't as good as the other brands

A filed GHP6

>>Maybe a certain setting on the Vulcan gripper

Sounds like filing maybe a great

optionlockquote>

Filing a GHP sounds like blasphemy

to me.

Agreed, but I look at my grippers as tools. If I need to modify a tool to complete a job then it's time to grind.

My old grippers and my originals are kept clean and put up, new stuff is fair game.

A filed GHP6

>

ockquote>

Filing a GHP sounds like blasphemy to me.ockquote>

I've only filled one gripper a long time ago

Doing that was the key to closing my 2.5

The point is by filing it you can get closer to the number 3

These aren't baseball cards

It's a gripper.lockquote>

It was 50% an honest opinion and 50% a joke.

I would feel really bad filing a GHP simply because they are so beautiful.

I would rather work till I could get 3 reps with it, and then try to close my #3 till I could close it fully, or do strapholds with the GHP6.

I would try all kinds of things before filing it, which I probably would never do anyway.

Only one of my grippers are filed, it's a 2.5, and everytime I see it I'm thinking "what did I do that for?".

Edited by Norden

Some of my most used grippers are a filed GM @ 156, a filed 3.5 @ 178 for holds/ overcrushes/strapholds and a filed 4 for negs if I do them. I needed the GM, average 3.5's and 4's are a dime a dozen so if I needed another it's a click away.

I am probably fixing to cut down my 365N @ 182 next, so far it has avoided the knife but I don't like the fat handles on it.

GHP's are pretty and I really like the 2 I have but if they needed it I would whittle on them too. With the GHP's having a fairly nasty sweep filing them would make them very tough, I am looking at getting another GHP8 just for that.

If I have a gripper I really like I will leave it alone but I will buy another of the same type, file it and have it rated. That way you have one that you know, one that fills the bill for what you need and you have helped the economy by spending money, lol. It's a little different with a Silver Crush or something that is no longer made no sense in cutting something that can't be replaced. Nothing else buy 2 of the same grippers, try them and find one to whittle.

I'm sure Wade won't care if you buy extra GHP's. :D