Intra Workout Carbs

Durrs

I know this isn't new workout knowledge but I recently started supplementing about 200 calories of sour worms (you could do this with any simple sugar food) intra workout and have been getting great pumps and workout longevity. Just a tip I know has been around for awhile but thought I'd share if you are not using this I suggest giving it a run I didn't for years even though i knew and was told about doing this and feel I missed out. Anyone else doing this have the same results? What do you like to use for intra workout?

• Like 1

Doesn't this spike your insulin levels and put your body into a scavenge type mode? Do eat directly after the gym? Like in your car still in the parking lot?

I do something similar to this and eat directly after I lift. Like no more than 15mins after my last set.

Ive read up a bit on it. Yeah i beleive a study showed muscles suck up simple carbs while lifting and the insulin shoots up, apparently sparing some aminos from being used up. All those preworkout drinks are mostly caffeine and sugar, i figured id save money and cut to the chase with coffee lol

Doesn't this spike your insulin levels and put your body into a scavenge type mode? Do eat directly after the gym? Like in your car still in the parking lot?

I do something similar to this and eat directly after I lift. Like no more than 15mins after my last set.

It doesn't feel like I go into scavenger mode but i do know what you're talking about. I just feel like i have extra energy and I don't get hungry anymore 45-1hr into my workout. I've done the intra carbs with apples and also chocolate bars with high fat content and had the same longevity results. Yeah I still hit post workout within 15 minutes. That window is definitely the most important imo.