Ghp Level 9 Closed

Wade Gillingham

being that Wade has had to review/is reviewing the close vid a few times, i assume its someone who cant shoot a cert close worth a flip.

that said, if its someone who doesnt use chalk, and someone who also has a hard time with vids, then it MUST be the German guy (Mr. Baseline) as he fits the best in this category, and is the only other guy to have (plausibly) been even in the ballpark of this gripper besides Paul, Tim, and Jonathan..

i feel like im playing Clue here..

twas the German fella who dunnit!!

I think you are correct. The clues add up. Crap video, no chalk, closing big grippers!

If it is him I wont buy it :grin:

being that Wade has had to review/is reviewing the close vid a few times, i assume its someone who cant shoot a cert close worth a flip.

that said, if its someone who doesnt use chalk, and someone who also has a hard time with vids, then it MUST be the German guy (Mr. Baseline) as he fits the best in this category, and is the only other guy to have (plausibly) been even in the ballpark of this gripper besides Paul, Tim, and Jonathan..

i feel like im playing Clue here..

twas the German fella who dunnit!!

I think you are correct. The clues add up. Crap video, no chalk, closing big grippers!

If it is him I wont buy it :grin:

I think Holle is a decent guess. There are pics of his hand out there in the old Cyberpump gallery.

http://www.cyberpump...um01/abu?full=1

Jordan, what did you mean that Holle is "older" than the guy in the pic? Is there another picture other than the cropped out hand...?

aay.jpg

pedro alberni COC #3 cert at 18 yo in 2001

534255_454641474550128_389872721027004_1775586_334148344_n.jpg

Mystery GHP 9 closer

11 years may have added some serious strength and beef to his hands. he would still be relatively young.

@ Bubba: The two hands are not the same. I look at the lines and the thumb and fingers and I find some major problems there.

@ Cannon :You know something, Holle's hand is more likely to be the hand in the still but I don't find it matches well enough to say "Thats Nathan alright!" Thank you Matt for digging up this photo of Nathan. He is so ellusive. I mentioned the age thing because I've heard him called "Old man Holle" so I figure he must be mid 40s at least.

@ Jonathan: Diddo!

Maybe its

Ioan Cristian Puscasu. That guy came pretty close to a #4 CCS. Not sure what his hand looks like, but I think its fun trying to guess who it is. Just a thought.

I think I figured it out. It is silverback.

Way I see it is wade is having troubble with it not because there is a problem with the video but the credibility of the person. Think about if Paul, Tim or that guy from Romania Ioan? submitted a video there would not be much doubt and no need to run it by other people. And no I'm not off my meds :)

I have caled 2 ghp9s. 1 @ 226 and 1 @ 119. I think the 119 is more in line with average. Very tough.

I think I figured it out. It is silverback.

Way I see it is wade is having troubble with it not because there is a problem with the video but the credibility of the person. Think about if Paul, Tim or that guy from Romania Ioan? submitted a video there would not be much doubt and no need to run it by other people. And no I'm not off my meds :)

Kind of hard to tell if it was silverback: He took all his videos down after I think Tim or perhaps someone else asked him to show the spring/RGC the thing. :grin::ph34r: I'd like to believe that an unknown could be out there and plugging away at grippers and could also be the best in the world. However, I'm saying that I'd have to see it in person or someone who is a qualified judge would have to cert the guy for a level 9. Either we should know the guy: Jonathan, Tim, Paul, Ioan, Steve Gardener, David Horne, etc OR it should be a new out of the package gripper if the guy is unknown and too remote for a judge.

I have caled 2 ghp9s. 1 @ 226 and 1 @ 119. I think the 119 is more in line with average. Very tough.

I think we can safely assume the second was 219.

• Like 2

Maybe it was well seasoned. :)

I think you mean 219. But let's say he only has a 219# Level 9. That is 14lbs harder than Paul and Steve's 205lb #4 and I think they both did it from a parallel set. Mr. Phantom is doing it from a 1.5" set with no chalk. Basically, what I am being asked to believe is someone with 8.5" hands with great genetics/solid build has been training since the debut of the Silvercrush when he was a mere teenager. The lad in question has an odd genetic condition: being born with 3 testicles...the size of grapefruits.

Edited by Jordan Rechsteiner

yes you are correct. I did a bad job of comunicating there.. if I did get a ghp9 @119 I would be the 1st to cert on it

I don't know who that guy is, but when I think of world strongest grippers crush I think of that Romanian guy. He came so close to the #4 that if it was one pound easeir it wouldve been shut. Lets not forget it was AFTER his #3.5 cert, not much of a warm up (maybe no chalk too but i am not sure), and finally gripper out of the package.

Yes you are totally right.

You are very right on this, Tommy, although it would make me sick to the stomach if this would be the case!

I don't know who that guy is, but when I think of world strongest grippers crush I think of that Romanian guy. He came so close to the #4 that if it was one pound easeir it wouldve been shut. Lets not forget it was AFTER his #3.5 cert, not much of a warm up (maybe no chalk too but i am not sure), and finally gripper out of the package.

i dont mean to discredit Ioan, but i never saw in the video where they showed it to be a #4 (to the angle WE were watching from).. the fact that the gripper wasnt shown to the camera, held in frame, and THEN attempted, leaves doubts in my mind that it was even a #4.. for all we know, that attempt we saw, that was called a #4 attempt, COULD have been his first attempt on the 3.5 before he certified..

when feats get up into the world class level, things need to be crystal clear and leave no doubt. otherwise, be ready for scrutiny of its finest degree.

Gillingham said it definitely wasn't Silverback on facebook. That was my first guess.

219 right?

219 right?

correct. I wish that post could be deleted.

Why is the identity of the person a secret? :shutup::ninja::ph34r:

I have a few more sets of eyes looking at this just to make sure we all agree on how to proceed.

A good idea for sure.

I"m definitely with that. Take your time, cert rules etc. need to be upheld to keep the status of the certs legit. Great Call Wade, your keepin your certs like Wanna's MM certs. Respected and Noteworthy :bow

I also just noticed this persons thumb position. It is in such a way that would make the thumb virtually unused. So this is a 4 finger only close!

i dont mean to discredit Ioan, but i never saw in the video where they showed it to be a #4 (to the angle WE were watching from).. the fact that the gripper wasnt shown to the camera, held in frame, and THEN attempted, leaves doubts in my mind that it was even a #4.. for all we know, that attempt we saw, that was called a #4 attempt, COULD have been his first attempt on the 3.5 before he certified..

when feats get up into the world class level, things need to be crystal clear and leave no doubt. otherwise, be ready for scrutiny of its finest degree.

I can't seem to find the video anymore but given the fact that Ioan's #4 attempt was done (supposedly) directly after his #3.5 cert, I have to imagine some credible witnesses were there to see this. Not to mention the man assigned to judge Ioan's cert attempt. In this case, Bill Collins, president of the USAF. (http://teammaine.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=20559&page=1#285861)

Obviously with grip feats at this level, shenanigans are abound fairly often. I'd rather hope that there are just pure monsters out there rather than guys like Silverback and Mr. Baseline. Just my 2 cents.

In any case, this is really exciting news and I hope to find out who it was/whether it was legit.

Just the possibility of a grip monster out there with this type of strength is great.

Its Nathan Holle! I just saw it posted on Youtube.

• Like 1

Can you give us a link, and thanks.

, I'm sure Wade will be posting soon. Incredible close. Smooth and controlled.
  • Like 3

That is just awesome. The video was super good quality. I really was not expecting a 9 to be closed so soon. I dont know much about Nathan Holle, I'd like to learn more.

Well Jordan was right on his guess. I was way off!

Shuts my doubts out too. We have a new king.