Race To The Bastard

KRC

a year ago I worked my way up to bending an M DR in IMP's and then hurt myself...I was doing grippers and bending, too much...I just picked up bending again right around September of this year

This was the first bend...it was my very first time trying the BBW, N Drill Rod inches

This is the Bastard...I don't know if my N DR is mutant or what, but the N I bent in doubles was harder than a 2006 Bastard, and this N, out of the same bars, was harder than that Bastard, which I just got this week.

You must have had a slightly weaker batch of bastards from then, maybe someone who has had some bastards from 2006 can help you out with this one.

Your bastard bend looked very solid man

• Like 1

You must have had a slightly weaker batch of bastards from then, maybe someone who has had some bastards from 2006 can help you out with this one.

Your bastard bend looked very solid man

Ya I'm not sure...I defiantly like the DR though, perfect strength to keep me progressing

I bought DR when I first got into bending. It wobbles easy, deceptively easy and has quite a bit of spring. It bends more like Rednails. Perhaps the difference you feel is the metal's characteristics and not the poundage. I also had bought a stick of N DR that was super hard, much harder than the other stick of N purchased at the same time.

Very nice bends. It is time to set much higher bending goals.

• Like 1

If I remember right, when I brought my squares from Andrew he said that each one I brought was from a different batch and I brought ten of them. So even though they were all the same length and diameter, the variance in difficulty amazed me, no two were the same by feel. Some bent like butter and then some of them took quite abit of effort. The same thing happened with the 9/32" DR I got too

Im itching to wrap a bar up and bend it :glare:

For common CRS I have large bins that I toss steel into and it gets mixed with different sticks. The drill rod on the other hand I cut on an as needed so that will always come from the same stick or two depending on how much you get. The variation doesn't surprise me, lots of factors go into the steel when the foundry extrudes it and minor variation for industrial use can be a noticeable difference for us.

Just submitted a cert attempt on a Bastard...this one was done in IMP's...this was my goal, pretty happy with it...I'll post the video when I hear back about whether it passes or not

• Like 3

You should hear back from the judges shortly.

• Like 2

You should hear back from the judges shortly.

good deal...it is an amazing site and service you guys provide

• Like 2

The bend passed, I am now a bastard and under the conditions (IMP's) that I was striving for. Red Nail cert here I come.

• Like 4

Congrats man, nice work! Good luck with training for the red cert.

thanks...got 25 reds coming in the mail...going to attack them as soon as they get here

• Like 1

Congrats man! I've found, at least for me, that the red nail is harder on the crush than a Bastard. That shouldn't be a problem for you at all.

• Like 1

Good to see you guys going after the red! And the bastard is no joke, good job !

• Like 1

Congrats man! I've found, at least for me, that the red nail is harder on the crush than a Bastard. That shouldn't be a problem for you at all.

thanks...hopefully if I can work on technique and get a better kink the rest will be gravy...we'll see though

Good to see you guys going after the red! And the bastard is no joke, good job !

thanks man

I am going to put this here. The video is from some time ago but I must have screwed something up submitting it before.

The bend starts at 3:57

The bend passed, I am now a bastard and under the conditions (IMP's) that I was striving for. Red Nail cert here I come

Nice! Congrats!

• Like 1

I am going to put this here. The video is from some time ago but I must have screwed something up submitting it before.

you definitely killed that thing...nice work

The bend passed, I am now a bastard and under the conditions (IMP's) that I was striving for. Red Nail cert here I come

Nice! Congrats!

thanks man

Two things:

1: That mustache though.

2. Do you bend at all in double imp's? I have no doubt you can kill a hexabastard right now.

• Like 1

Well this didn't go as planned, lol. Last training bend of this cycle was a 9/32" Stainless in my brand new BB wraps that I've never used before. The bend itself wasn't overly difficult I don't think, but the wraps were unbelievably stiff, I have to find a way to break these things in. I think at one point you can see the wrap just fall off the bar, they were that loose.

Anyway, got it literally within a hair of 2" haha. I'll probably set this as my main training bar next cycle (was 19/64" DR this cycle), probably in IMP's unless the BBW's are broken in significantly in the next two weeks.

Bastard attempt a week from tonight. 18:45 for last hit and measurement.

Well this didn't go as planned, lol. Last training bend of this cycle was a 9/32" Stainless in my brand new BB wraps that I've never used before. The bend itself wasn't overly difficult I don't think, but the wraps were unbelievably stiff, I have to find a way to break these things in. I think at one point you can see the wrap just fall off the bar, they were that loose.

Anyway, got it literally within a hair of 2" haha. I'll probably set this as my main training bar next cycle (was 19/64" DR this cycle), probably in IMP's unless the BBW's are broken in significantly in the next two weeks.

Bastard attempt a week from tonight. 18:45 for last hit and measurement.

I can't see the video, says it's private...I just got BBW's as well, I washed them a few times and then put them between weights still damp,...EJ has posted in a few forums on good ways to break them in

Should be public now. That's good to know about the wraps, they were really more of a hindrance than a help on this bend not being broken in yet.

Should be public now. That's good to know about the wraps, they were really more of a hindrance than a help on this bend not being broken in yet.

wait to you break them in...you'll love them

• Like 1

Your kink looked strong and then you stopped, almost like you were creating a mental sticking point. Heck of a fight, though. After 3 or 4 minutes I usually call it.
  • Like 1