Race To The Bastard

KRC

Nice job man.

FYI, a Sharpie is your friend when measuring for the wrap placement. Just line up 4-5 bars at once above the tape measure and mark them all after you cut them. Saves a lot of hassle.

• Like 2

Nice job man.

FYI, a Sharpie is your friend when measuring for the wrap placement. Just line up 4-5 bars at once above the tape measure and mark them all after you cut them. Saves a lot of hassle.

thanks man...I always seem to insist on doing things the hard way

N Bar attempt below. (some language in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Bc2cj_yZA

As with all of my failed PR attempts, I got locked up at the sweep. My kink is noticeably stronger than last month, and the crush has always been the strongest for me, but my sweep is terrible. Wasted a lot of time and energy getting it to crush position, and by then, was out of gas and couldn't get it closer than 2-3/8". If my sweep can improve even a little over this next cycle (5 weeks), I'm confident the bastard will fall. Calipers were negative .0045, lol - bar is .3040 inches.

In any case, my best previous attempt was about 30 degrees on the kink. Any technique advise is welcome.

• Like 1

As with all of my failed PR attempts, I got locked up at the sweep. My kink is noticeably stronger than last month, and the crush has always been the strongest for me, but my sweep is terrible. Wasted a lot of time and energy getting it to crush position, and by then, was out of gas and couldn't get it closer than 2-3/8". If my sweep can improve even a little over this next cycle (5 weeks), I'm confident the bastard will fall. Calipers were negative .0045, lol - bar is .3040 inches.

In any case, my best previous attempt was about 30 degrees on the kink. Any technique advise is welcome.

Man I read your post and still thought you were going to get that...your kink was strong...that thing, and the bastard, will fall shortly

• Like 1

I feel stronger...I ordered some steel to test where I am...it'll fall, just a matter of when

• Like 1

Felt off to night. My shoulders were tight and tired. These are easier than a Bastard but just a good working bend for me.

Thanks for checking it out. Advice always welcome.

• Like 2

Hell of a fight.

Easy money, dude. Have you not bent a basted yet?

Yes, I am racing for the shiny.
  • Like 1

Ah, that explains it. Have you made any attempts on a shiny yet? How do you rank a shiny compared to a hexabastard?

I haven't bent a Shiny yet. I hope to order some soon. I have hexabastards. They were way beyond me the last time I tried.
  • Like 1

Felt off to night. My shoulders were tight and tired. These are easier than a Bastard but just a good working bend for me.

Nice bend man...I'm not sure how it felt but that looked like you could have bent it one legged on a high wire...strong bend

• Like 1

Great race guys. Once the Kong is behind me, I'll jump in for a Shiny.

• Like 3

I have a random questions...I got a pretty good skin tear on my index finger...it made me realize that the bar is not contacting my middle finger at all...is this the way it is supposed to be or should I be jutting my index finger out so that the bar hits my middle finger? I watched the Sean Cashman video and noticed that he marked the middle finger as well...trying to lock down my kink technique

Bending races are a ton of fun! Best of strength, guys! I made some of my best gains with a lot of help from the other elite benders and the motivation of bending race/challenges.

I have a random questions...I got a pretty good skin tear on my index finger...it made me realize that the bar is not contacting my middle finger at all...is this the way it is supposed to be or should I be jutting my index finger out so that the bar hits my middle finger? I watched the Sean Cashman video and noticed that he marked the middle finger as well...trying to lock down my kink technique

The index finger is the fulcrum. The inside of that finger makes contact with the middle finger. Eventually you will get splits on the middle finger as well. But the bar will not come into contact with the middle finger, based on the way you bend. I bend the same way.

• Like 2

The index finger is the fulcrum. The inside of that finger makes contact with the middle finger. Eventually you will get splits on the middle finger as well. But the bar will not come into contact with the middle finger, based on the way you bend. I bend the same way.

okay awesome thanks for explaining

I'm running late for work so I'll do a small write up on these later

ps I'm new to this..when i say doubles Iw as talking about leather over IMP not double IMP

• Like 3

Boom! Congrats man. Big bends in store for you.

Thanks man

Wooooh josh congratulations, they should be good for certs!

Thanks...I think I want to wait until my hands aren't as weak and can do it in IMPs...I'm going to keep using the lather until my finger hurts a little less, then back to IMPS

Nice bending. The Golden Bastard was really nice.

Dude that is not a skin tear. You fileted the side of your finger off. You are a tougher man than I. I would have taken time off to heal.

General question: Do you have to do anything special to show it's brass, like when you touch a magnet to stainless?

Nice bending. The Golden Bastard was really nice.

Dude that is not a skin tear. You fileted the side of your finger off. You are a tougher man than I. I would have taken time off to heal.

lol using the leathers takes a lot of the pressure off...I wimped out on just IMPs, didn't even kink the L

General question: Do you have to do anything special to show it's brass, like when you touch a magnet to stainless?

that is a good question...I'm not going to cert that video but it would be good to know for future reference

Negative sir. most times we can tell by the color, but sometimes it's dull or miscolored. Brass has a very unique way it bends, wide arch then sharp point.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 2