Race To The Bastard

KRC

Damn, bubba! You've got that heavy steel bending like it ain't nothing but a wet spaghetti noodle! Nice, man.

lol thanks man...still have some technique and flexibility stuff to work on, but the bastard will fall

Lets make this fun, i will send the winner of this Bastard race a brand new set of IMPs and 10 pieces of mystery steel to continue their bending journey! Have fun boys!

• Like 5

Lets make this fun, i will send the winner of this Bastard race a brand new set of IMPs and 10 pieces of mystery steel to continue their bending journey! Have fun boys!

awesome man, thanks...this is going to be a fun race

• Like 1

maybe another day

Nice effort. Let me ask you, how much bar are you putting into the wraps? It looks like you've got a lot of bar into the middle of those wraps which may be costing you some leverage. I know it sucks to have big hands, mine are fat and wide, but I fooled around with my markings until I was slightly under 2" into the wraps and that was my sweet spot. Might be worth marking your bars every time and try a few different lengths into the bar to see where you feel the most power based on your build and hand size.

• Like 2

maybe another day

Nice effort. Let me ask you, how much bar are you putting into the wraps? It looks like you've got a lot of bar into the middle of those wraps which may be costing you some leverage. I know it sucks to have big hands, mine are fat and wide, but I fooled around with my markings until I was slightly under 2" into the wraps and that was my sweet spot. Might be worth marking your bars every time and try a few different lengths into the bar to see where you feel the most power based on your build and hand size.

I put the bar halfway across the wrap...I really appreciate the suggestions, I'll start doing that

This is for both races; i want to see who meets their goal intelligently and safely. I love the motivation from seeing my brothers succeed! Good luck fellas! I also want to see some progress vids, ok?!

Anyone want to race to a Shiny Bastard?

Yes. Single IM pads only?

Gotta get my hands back use to this hard stuff. Mental block for the pain can only take you so far when you've been away and your hands have gotten pussified again. May take a few weeks. Good luck brother.

Yikes, I was hoping someone would say "yeah, in a few months". Shiny in IMPs it is. Be safe and all the best to you.
  • Like 2

Anyone want to race to a Shiny Bastard?

Yes. Single IM pads only?

Gotta get my hands back use to this hard stuff. Mental block for the pain can only take you so far when you've been away and your hands have gotten pussified again. May take a few weeks. Good luck brother.

Yikes, I was hoping someone would say "yeah, in a few months". Shiny in IMPs it is. Be safe and all the best to you.

LOL, I think you misunderstood me or I didn't type it right. I meant that it would take a few weeks to get my hands tough again, not just weeks to bend the shiny. I don't think I'm that strong yet.

• Like 2

Last night I put a decent kink in a harder bastard, this thing is a beast.

nice work man...it will fall

I just wanted to post this because it shows my progress of certifications...this is the video of my cert for the 1/4 Square FBBC

Is there another FBBC 7 inch stock to cert between this and the bastard? I guess a SS Square? Thanks

• Like 4

I just wanted to post this because it shows my progress of certifications...this is the video of my cert for the 1/4 Square FBBC

Is there another FBBC 7 inch stock to cert between this and the bastard? I guess a SS Square? Thanks

Are you sure you can't bend a Bastard? That looked pretty easy to me.

Looks like there are several of us in the same neighboorhood.

I'll be attempting the N bar later this week, and then won't have any "tests" for another month or so, so here's a progress vid from 9/3. Fast forward to ~5:30 for the bend.

"N" drill rod. Possibly 19/64" drill rod too, depending on the batch, and depending on the square batch you're comparing against.

• Like 3

Are you sure you can't bend a Bastard? That looked pretty easy to me.

the ones I have are from 2006ish but no not even close...I have bent 1 red in doubles (just recentley), never replicated it...and the closest effort on a bastard I put in video in this thread...some of this is technique I would suppose

Edited by GrassMaine89

Looks like there are several of us in the same neighboorhood.

I'll be attempting the N bar later this week, and then won't have any "tests" for another month or so, so here's a progress vid from 9/3. Fast forward to ~5:30 for the bend.

"N" drill rod. Possibly 19/64" drill rod too, depending on the batch, and depending on the square batch you're comparing against.

do they recognize the drill rod for certs? I guess I missed that on the site...btw that was an awesome bend...this is going to be a fun race

do they recognize the drill rod for certs? I guess I missed that on the site...btw that was an awesome bend...this is going to be a fun race

No, they don't as far as I know. But it's definitely harder than the sq. and easier than the bastard. Similar to generic 5/16 CRS Round but, IMO more of a challenge.

And thanks, it is indeed!

• Like 1

My crush sucks at the moment, this is a 9/32" x 7" DR from fbbc. The crush feels like a G8, all springy like.

nice bend man...explosive bend out of the gate...

On an unrelated note, I'm going to be ordering some steel from FBBC.... out of curiosity how did the 9/32 DR feel compared to the 1/4 square?

• Like 1

It varies a lot some of them felt a lot weaker than a 1/4" square and some feel a lot harder. This one felt slightly harder than a square.

If you want a challenge buy the 9/32" x 7" ss round that fbbc do, I have one still stuck at 3". I can crush down a bastard but couldn't crush down this bar for some reason

& thanks! my kink strength has sky rocketed due to a few technique changes

Edited by JoshW
  • Like 1

It varies a lot some of them felt a lot weaker than a 1/4" square and some feel a lot harder. This one felt slightly harder than a square.

If you want a challenge buy the 9/32" x 7" ss round that fbbc do, I have one still stuck at 3". I can crush down a bastard but couldn't crush down this bar for some reason

& thanks! my kink strength has sky rocketed due to a few technique changes

ok thanks I'll look into the 9/32" SS and N DR

• Like 1

found some left over drill rod that was unlabeled...It measured .282 on my calipers (however my Red Nail measured .29 so I think I messed up). I think it is L drill rod but I'm not sure (I had J, L, and M)...but I bent it somewhat easy...I'll put the video up later...after this I did 2 5/16 x 7" HRS and 3 5/16 x 7" CRS...I'm still honing the technique as far as the kink and wrapping (how much to put into the wrap)...if you see anything in the video later that might help let me know...Billy Jack I bent those 5/16 with 1.75" in the wrap and it felt great, lot more leverage...I truly appreciate the advice...I bent the L with 1.5 in the wrap, that just hurt...a lot

ok thanks I'll look into the 9/32" SS and N DR

Both are great pre-bastard bars.

ordered N drill rod today...as soon as it shows up I'll wrap it up and see what happens

• Like 2

Josh,

I'm glad that 1.75" in the wrap helped. It took me a little while, but I found that as my best spot as well. Good combination of pain and leverage.

• Like 1