Russian Bender Alexander Kirillov Bend Shiny Monster Square.

RobertKazan

I can't agree with you at all :)

You won't run 100m or won't do olympic weightlifting without special shoes. Well, you can, but that would be strange, like barehanded bending lol

I can compare bending with a thick wraps with a lifting with a straps(you're excluding the limitation of a weak link). In a strongman comp you can use straps(like in some certs) - in most other competitions you can use only special clothes.

p.s. straps or thick wraps won't lift for you, unlike the tension in a bench shirt.

I won't lose any sleep over your inability to agree with me. You don't have to believe in gravity either. But it exists, regardless of your belief.

P.S. I know you are a very strong bender, but if you don't think your wraps are providing a lot of artificial assistance to help you bend big steel...you are delusional. :rolleyes

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows how to contact Alex? I wanna send him the original koasb (I think I still have few) that gazza claimed to bent a 4.5 inches (or 5" was it) of it with broken wrists in IM pads.

I really would like to see Alex go at the old koasb

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1

The original koasb that rated 820 lbs at 7" i presume. Before the shiny's became relatively soft in 2009 and onwards.

• Like 1

Back then the 7" shiny's were pretty much Edgin's with a softer kink. Used to rate around 545-555 at 7"x5/16 if I remember correctly. I remember I bent my first Edgin a few weeks after my first 7" Shiny back in 2008.

• Like 1

Yes true a little softer kink but stronger crush tgan the edgin. I really would like to see the best DO bender go at a koasb. That's Alex right now according to the tops. The old koasb of course. That's eq to ccs/tns a #4.

Edited by Alawadhi

Anyone knows how to contact Alex? I wanna send him the original koasb (I think I still have few) that gazza claimed to bent a 4.5 inches (or 5" was it) of it with broken wrists in IM pads.

I really would like to see Alex go at the old koasb

I have his address. I can email him and ask if it's ok to send you his address, if you want.

• Like 2

I would appreciate it

• Like 1

I sure hope so. But we will never know until he tries.

Wow, that hard? What would you think a 7" 5/16 SS square would cal at? Excess of 820 lbs in the old scale at 7"?

• Like 1

Any news?

Wow, that hard? What would you think a 7" 5/16 SS square would cal at? Excess of 820 lbs in the old scale at 7"?

Yes, no doubt

Wow, then that's incredible!

Looking back on some of Eric's old calibrations, the stainless square seems to be all over the place. Some cal at 590 and one of the old ones apparently cal'd at +835 at 7". 835 was all the weights he had and it wasn't enough to bend it the full 30 degrees! Jikes!

If this was similar to that bar then the bend is absolutely incredible!

What an animal!! :o

I was just asking about Alex the other day on FB.. he needs to get back after that Gold-Nail!

Yes, no doubt

Looking back on some of Eric's old calibrations, the stainless square seems to be all over the place. Some cal at 590 and one of the old ones apparently cal'd at +835 at 7". 835 was all the weights he had and it wasn't enough to bend it the full 30 degrees! Jikes!

313kg - 690 pounds. Bent on only on 10 degrees.
  • Like 3

Yes, no doubt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZidY4HZ2dk 313kg - 690 pounds. Bent on only on 10 degrees.
That type of calibration is "off". The standard calibrating that Eric and Mike K did was different, and I trust it more. The u-bolts were brought in .75" and the bar was bent to 30degrees. Since we wrap the bars and don't bend from the exact end and a true kink is 30-40 degrees, this method in my opinion is more accurate. If you look at the majority of benders they will wrap anywhere from.75" to 1.25" in from the ends. I've tried to explain as best I could.

If you take his rating of 691 and our rating of 835 they are close. Let me explain. For every inch taken off a bar you could add 10-15% strength increase. Since their ratings and the exact ends were 691 and ours were 835+ with u-bolts .75" from ends that means technically 1.5" has been removed from our bar. So now you can add about 20% or 138lbs to the 691 which will bring it to 829, which is damn close to the original estimates. All steel varies so this number could be more or less but a good place to start.

Edited by EJ Livesey

313kg - 690 pounds. Bent on only on 10 degrees.

This guy's name is Vadim Murashkin and his calibration numbers don't match neither Mike Krahling's system, nor Iron Grip calibration. Just can't be compared.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't thought the calibration device is different than what other uses. Especially Eric which is what we use here most.

Anyway a member was kind enough to give me Alex address. Sent the package today. It will reach him within one week max. Two bars. One 8mm stainless steel 2007 batch which Eric calibrated at 545 pounds and the 2007 batch of the shiny king of all bastard which Gazza claimed to bend a 4.5"/5" version of it in IM pads to warm up on bigger bends.

This KOASB Eric calibrated at 835 I guess in the original calibration system we had back then.

I really hope Alex would bend this bar easily as he is the best do bender in the world right now.

I reached out to him weeks ago for you. He never got back to me.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

I reached out to him weeks ago for you. He never got back to me.

Np mate his friend approached me and gave me his address. He shall have it in 6 days now.

This KOASB Eric calibrated at 835 I guess in the original calibration system we had back then. I really hope Alex would bend this bar easily as he is the best do bender in the world right now.

He might bend it, but probably not easily. Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 1

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track

H5628313927 the tracking. It might be soon! Can't wait to actually see it

Anyone who knows Alex well please contact him to get in touch with UPS ASAP as they have called him but no answer. They will return the shipment by 14 October if no answer is given. The local UPS number can be obtained from their website and the tracking is already available here.

That's a pretty short notice for a package to be sent back. Hope he managed to pick it up in time!

• Like 1

Actually no he doesn't want to pick it. I am in contact with him through his gripboard friend. To be fair he is using google translate. I didn't understood him well but I know he doesn't wanna pick it up because of the commercial thingy. Now I don't know how my company sent it but I assume he should pay few Rubles to get it. I PMed his friend here told him to ask him to pick it up and and any money ue paid I'll immediately send him through PayPal or whatever way he wants. Let's see

• 2 weeks later...

The package got back to me. He didn't want to pick it up and there was no response from him. We contacted the authorities in Russia to hold the delivery a bit more but again he didn't pick it up. So I have it now in my office.

If anyone knows him please ask him why he didn't pick it up.