Grippers Grip

greppstark

This subject has probably been up but thought I would bring it up once again.

What do you do to get the best possible grip when closing grippers? Clean them of before evry workout? I have heard that some guys just chalk their palm and leave their fingers smooth. Or do you even use chalk? Feel free to give your best advice for best grip when dealing with grippers :)

Super glue.

• Like 1

Oil them every so often and chalk fingers and palm.

Also do it in between bench or squat sets

• Like 2

Obviously this was a bad question or my poor english made the question sound strange :/

Oil them every so often and chalk fingers and palm.
Also do it in between bench or squat sets

Appreciate you serious answer mate :)

Obviously this was a bad question or my poor english made the question sound strange :/

I was kidding.

Just chalk your hands however works best for you. Experiment with it. Some folks chalk the entire hand, some palm only, some fingers only. Some even chalk the back of the hand.

Myself, I lightly chalk my whole hand on max attempts, as well as working sets on my Vulcan due to the smooth handles. Just a little bit does me fine, as my hands are naturally dry. It really helps with maintaining the gripper's position in your hand.

• Like 1

I was kidding.

Just chalk your hands however works best for you. Experiment with it. Some folks chalk the entire hand, some palm only, some fingers only. Some even chalk the back of the hand.

Myself, I lightly chalk my whole hand on max attempts, as well as working sets on my Vulcan due to the smooth handles. Just a little bit does me fine, as my hands are naturally dry. It really helps with maintaining the gripper's position in your hand.

Hehe :) I actually could not hold my hand from the grippers... So i went and tried the #3.. I only chalked my palms and dude did i get stronger?? Yes :D I closed it for about 4 singles and one of them i held i shut for atleast 7 seconds. This was my second gripper training today. The first session i did not manage to close it when my whole hand was chalked.. will upload a video :)

I chalk my palm and fingers; I also chalk the handle that my fingers grip, I chalk it at the bottom so when I set the gripper it doesn't slip from sweat

I was kidding.

Hehe :) I actually could not hold my hand from the grippers... So i went and tried the #3.. I only chalked my palms and dude did i get stronger?? Yes :D I closed it for about 4 singles and one of them i held i shut for atleast 7 seconds. This was my second gripper training today. The first session i did not manage to close it when my whole hand was chalked.. will upload a video :)

Nice progress, sounds like your killing that thing...any plans on making your MM0 video?

• Like 1

I chalk my palm and fingers; I also chalk the handle that my fingers grip, I chalk it at the bottom so when I set the gripper it doesn't slip from sweat

I was kidding.

Nice progress, sounds like your killing that thing...any plans on making your MM0 video?

Thanks man :D I think that one of the explenations I'm stronger chalk on palm only is I think I'm curling my fingers when closing grippers and then they slide without chalk. I think my hand is shaped that way. Yeah, as soon as i get money on the last of this month i will be GB contributor and kill it :)
  • Like 1

Is there difference with deep set vs. wide set? I haven't yet even tried any chalk, but I've got a hunch that palm only would work for CCS set because my fingers slide like greppstark's. For Vulcan chalk for both handles would do good, it slips very easily without.

Chalking the Palm is the most important part. If the handles slip down on the Palm as you didn't chalk you will lose a lot of leverage

Watch Paul knights setting video

• Like 1

Is there difference with deep set vs. wide set? I haven't yet even tried any chalk, but I've got a hunch that palm only would work for CCS set because my fingers slide like greppstark's. For Vulcan chalk for both handles would do good, it slips very easily without.

Actually i haven't tried yet. But as you say i think it will benefit even more with ccs because then my fingers want to slide even more.. I have to try tomorrow when it's gripper day :) (It feels like evry day is gripper day now for me :laugh)

Here it is, it was a pretty deep set but i have never been able to control it like that :)https://youtu.be/xYzxbhOW5pg

What's up with you wearing the mask?? Saw that and turned your video off.

• Like 1

Here it is, it was a pretty deep set but i have never been able to control it like that :)https://youtu.be/xYzxbhOW5pg

Haha! Just imitating Juha Harju if you seen his video. If you don't like it I will not have it on anymore! Didn't meen to be disrespectful at any way. Sorry

I assumed you wore it to hide severe facial injuries acquired during a murder spree.

• Like 2

Haha! Just imitating Juha Harju if you seen his video. If you don't like it I will not have it on anymore! Didn't meen to be disrespectful at any way. Sorry

That's not it at all. Just was not sure that's all. Didn't know if you were a future troll or anything like that.

• Like 1

I assumed you wore it to hide severe facial injuries acquired during a murder spree.

Haha :laugh But will not wear it anymore incase i insult someone. It's just that Juha Harju is one of my grip idols and it kinda got me psyched up wearing that mask.

That's not it at all. Just was not sure that's all. Didn't know if you were a future troll or anything like that.
No trolling here sir :) It's just that Juha Harju is one of my grip idols and that mask kinda got me psyched up. Won't use it in future vids incase somebody thinks i am a psycho.. :)

Haha :laugh But will not wear it anymore incase i insult someone. It's just that Juha Harju is one of my grip idols and it kinda got me psyched up wearing that mask.
Just don't wear a gorilla mask.
  • Like 3

Just don't wear a gorilla mask.
Won't happen. Not that strong yet.. ;)

Now afterwards i feel the mask took little to much attention from the close.. Haha :D