Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Thanks guys! Just putting in work and hope to claim the prize at the end.

I would say you are ready Peter!

• Like 1

Thnx guys! Jörg, I am not quite ready yet, since I want to CCS my heaviest #3's consistently first. Hope to do so however this year, or my name isn't Peter haha...oh wait...ehm...lol

Edited by Geralt

Jörg, I am not quite ready yet, since I want to CCS my heaviest #3's consistently first.

Indeed, better save then sorry. You don't want to be that unlucky dude that gets a 160rgc monster and not be able to close it. If you get a 140rgc at your cert I want you to rep the hell out of it!

Good stuff btw Geralt! Getting really strong.

• Like 1

Thnx guys, hardest part at this moment is actually not doing to much other training, I have just one general workout every week and by the time it's grippin'time my hands are aching to start!

Light benchpressing, got to admit that I am missing the fire a bit for 'general' workouts, since I know I cannot build anything up and maintain my gripperstrength at the same time. This sidetracked my progress for a long time. It's for a good cause however heh

'Scraping the squatrack' pushes in -doh- squatrack from safetybars 3 x 6 worksets;

4 x 10, 2 x 8, 1 x 6 slow decline benchpress.

That's it, work was calling again.

Edited by Geralt

Good stuff bud. Keep up the great work and the cert will fall

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean, Geralt. I had to cease all other grip training while I train for the red nail. I did some rolling thunder leading up to Gripmas and my bending suffered. When I look back on history, my grippers made the most progress when I trained them and only them.

• Like 1

Thnx guys, yeah...got to stay focused. Anthony do you still do regular training? I honestly don't know how some guys have power and strength left after deadlifts and squatting for serious gripper training in that same week. I figure it's the same with bending?

Thnx guys, yeah...got to stay focused. Anthony do you still do regular training? I honestly don't know how some guys have power and strength left after deadlifts and squatting for serious gripper training in that same week. I figure it's the same with bending?

Oh good sir, rumors of my demise have been GREATLY exaggerated :)

• Like 1

First worthless workout of the year. Trained one day earlier then planned because of stuff tomorrow but that shouldn't matter that much. Everything felt way off, from warming up till the worksets. Pulled a light #3 ccs off, missed a BBE mms attempt, just didn't feel right at all.

By that point I was so irritated that I ditched the grippers and decided to try to attempt my 55lbs fat blob/globzilla for a change but couldn't do anything with it.

Next week perhaps.

First worthless workout of the year. Trained one day earlier then planned because of stuff tomorrow but that shouldn't matter that much. Everything felt way off, from warming up till the worksets. Pulled a light #3 ccs off, missed a BBE mms attempt, just didn't feel right at all.

By that point I was so irritated that I ditched the grippers and decided to try to attempt my 55lbs fat blob/globzilla for a change but couldn't do anything with it.

Next week perhaps.

Sorry there, got a bit frustrated, don't always understand my body heh. If this cert was easy, a few dozen more would have certified already heh. Decided to take a cup of coffee and took a sandwich, went in for a workout. Work will be done. Completely other stuff than what i have thought of but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do,right?

Trapbar deadlift from deficit (so normal DL starting height because of the high handles) all with fatgripz, pushed open pretty wide because of the already thick handles;

10 x 55kg;

10 x 95kg;

6 x 100kg;

5 x 135kg;

3 x 3 x 150kg;

1 x 1 170kg as fast as possible.

Haven't done TB in a long while, it felt good, despite the fact I noticed that my energy level wasn't indeed the highest.

Immediately after this wide sets IM#2 repping out, ending with an IM#1 (filed) hold of a piece of metal, around SB thickness. Fought out exactly one minute. This was very tough in the end, hand started to shake like a diesel engine.

Thumbwork with thumbscrews, and a few drags with my Blobzilladon.

In between trapbar rear foot elevated squatting, this are rockhard and I did them with an empty bar. No shame at all to write it down HA had to really work for keeping balance. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGmqdlb9Bg

Barbell loaded on one side, rows with V bar with fatgripz attached, up to several sets with 60kg.

EZ bar bicepcurls to failure, lying face down on a incline bench, no room for cheating.

Still got some work in at least. no structure at all today however.

Edited by Geralt

Geralt,

I feel your pain. I'm having one of those days right now. My grippers all feel like the springs have been glued together and won't close. Not sure why we have days like this, my other lifts seem to be fine.

Good job not giving up and at least getting some good work in, hopefully your next workout goes better.

Geralt,

I feel your pain. I'm having one of those days right now. My grippers all feel like the springs have been glued together and won't close. Not sure why we have days like this, my other lifts seem to be fine.

Good job not giving up and at least getting some good work in, hopefully your next workout goes better.

Thnx Jeff, it's not the end of the world of course but with just one training session per week I really want to make every session count.

Talked about this with many gripguys and everyone seems to agree that grippers are the most CNS based implements in grip somehow. One moment grippers are a go and the next moment all the stars are in the same alignment and grippers suck. I just cannot pinpoint this. Consistency will remain supreme but it sure as hell can be frustrating sometimes.

Edited by Geralt

Good to see you regrouped and got the training done. Pushing through those days pays off in the long run.

• Like 1

Geralt-

Have you ever tried RT curls before grippers? Very good prep.

And have you tried Glutamine after working out, and before bed? Your recovery would be much better.

Geralt-

And have you tried Glutamine after working out, and before bed? Your recovery would be much better.

I don't have an RT, but I do have an improvised sort off device. How do you perform these? I take it, with very light weight?

Never dived into the supps really, only whey now and then, creatine in the past, and vitamine extra which I still take daily with a lot of water. Will look into it, thanks man!

I think a lot of my off days are because of slight mental problems...I trained a day earlier as planned, wanted to do other stuff....got waked up way to early because of some barking dog from the neighbours....felt a bit off when I woke up. Now with normal weighttraining I believe you can push through that if it's not too bad, but with grippers....very whimsical things for that matter.

Edited by Geralt

Geralt-

I don't have an RT, but I do have an improvised sort off device. How do you perform these? I take it, with very light weight?

Never dived into the supps really, only whey now and then, creatine in the past, and vitamine extra which I still take daily with a lot of water. Will look into it, thanks man!

I think a lot of my off days are because of slight mental problems...I trained a day earlier as planned, wanted to do other stuff....got waked up way to early because of some barking dog from the neighbours....felt a bit off when I woke up. Now with normal weighttraining I believe you can push through that if it's not too bad, but with grippers....very whimsical things for that matter.

Geralt-

Yes, I warm up with a light weight. Maybe 10 reps. Then add weight for the 3-4 work sets.

In between, I'm warming up with singles on grippers & a thumb clamp.

Supplementing with Glutamine will help you...if it's not something you like to try, I feel like you're missing out.

And the grippers, I feel shouldn't be put on a pedestal! Ha. They are hard to be up for all the time, for sure! But they can make you crazy; at one point I would try not to use my strong hand days before a grip workout--carrying groceries all in the left hand, etc. and I even to this day, get a self-indused sleepy feeling before a workout...if I'm allowed to sit and think about PR's!

It's all mental....you have to almost not care how you get along with grippers...make no big deal of gains. That won't ruin motivation, Your motivation, is waiting all week to train...don't let the grippers get in your head and ruin that.